Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 9 Aug 2003, 18:44 (Ref:683802)   #1
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Second Qualifying

Not that interesting other than Junky being down a bit and HUNTER-RAEY! Wow! The Reynard obviously can sometimes hold it's own. ASJ must have really nailed that setup.

Mid-Ohio is clearly no picknick to get a good time on. With all those surfaces, I wouldn't want to drive there.

Last edited by Snrub; 9 Aug 2003 at 18:45.
Old 9 Aug 2003, 18:52 (Ref:683805)   #2
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Congrats to Hunter-Reay! What a shocker! But with PT beside him, and Bourdais, Jourdain, Carpentier and Junqueira right behind him, I'd imagine that he'll be overwhelmed early. Especially if the sun comes out, in which case his Reynard isn't going to be so quick.

Bruno is at least able to move into the third row, while Tagliani drops back. And Vasser's gearbox let go during the warmup and wasn't able to put in a single lap during quals.
Old 9 Aug 2003, 18:53 (Ref:683808)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
...And Bruno's championship lead is down to 1...
Old 9 Aug 2003, 21:13 (Ref:683861)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers to Team Johansson for saving their weekend by putting young Hunter-Reay onto the front row! I was beginning to wonder for awhile if anyone else would go out and if Geoff Boss would join Tracy in that august position.

However, I do wish Mr. Hunter-Reay would have found something to say besides "I feel like screaming!" Honestly. We are not a little girl!

I also enjoyed the extremely sour face of Mr. Bourdais who answered "Double D"'s inane "are you happy with your time today?" with a very sarcastic "I was dusted twice this weekend -- how can I possibly be happy with that?" I have no doubt he will end the day tomorrow much happier, though.

And I wonder why the Reynards were so fast in the warm-ups and so nowhere in the actual qualifying? Can anyone explain that to me?
Old 9 Aug 2003, 22:38 (Ref:683900)   #5
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
And I wonder why the Reynards were so fast in the warm-ups and so nowhere in the actual qualifying? Can anyone explain that to me?
Ryan in second.
Old 9 Aug 2003, 22:41 (Ref:683903)   #6
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a surprise to see Hunter-Reay on the front row. Nice to see him and the team getting a good result. I agree, he has some heavy hitters right behind him and most likely won't maintain his position. Still, maybe he will have a good run.
Old 9 Aug 2003, 23:02 (Ref:683906)   #7
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Liz... Compared to the Lolas, the Reynards generally lack front-end downforce. Although they try to compensate for that with mechanical grip, the cooler denser air certainly cuts Lola's advantage down just a little bit.
Old 9 Aug 2003, 23:56 (Ref:683920)   #8
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
Liz... Compared to the Lolas, the Reynards generally lack front-end downforce. Although they try to compensate for that with mechanical grip, the cooler denser air certainly cuts Lola's advantage down just a little bit.
Ryan Hunter-Reay only 0.012 seconds behind PT.
Old 10 Aug 2003, 00:19 (Ref:683929)   #9
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope RHR keeps it together, but you're right, he's in a pretty unfamiliar and intimdating position. More importantly, I hope his car holds together. But at least they put the gears in properly.
Old 10 Aug 2003, 00:37 (Ref:683937)   #10
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL
Old 10 Aug 2003, 03:02 (Ref:683976)   #11
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
Having the gears in backwards is just more of a challenge. You pull back to go from 1st to 2nd to 3rd... then pull back twice to grab 4th. Then 5th is one forward. Then pull back two for 6th, and one more for 7th. It's so simple. Back down through the gearbox is just the opposite.
Old 10 Aug 2003, 13:12 (Ref:684212)   #12
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just asked the question in another thread, " is RHR a future champ or..." and lo and behold, he answered my question in a big way! 2nd, and oh so close to the poll!
He must be reading this forum!

OK, maybe I'm getting alittle ahead of myself, but I am excited for him, and hoping for a great race from him today.

Its a great day for the Americans, eh Liz!?

Danica Patrick
Old 10 Aug 2003, 13:39 (Ref:684222)   #13
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz

Who knows, I was hoping Darren Manning could be in the top5 after being on top overall on combined friday practice times.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 10 Aug 2003, 15:58 (Ref:684289)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
Its a great day for the Americans, eh Liz!?
Well for one of them certainly!

I'm sure that was the ultimate "Good News and Bad News" day for American Spirit Team Johansson. Now looking at the fact that Vasser was fastest in warm-ups, all the Americans need is for him to come from the back of the grid to win.

Only please, Mr. Vasser, resist the urge to streak the track if you do.