Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 9 Aug 2003, 17:02 (Ref:683758)   #26
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The current administration of Dale Coyne? Or America?

You can't tell from a name whether someone is American or not. Someone in the pressroom at Trois Rivieres was quite surprised to find that Gunnar Jeanette was not German, and I was surprised the first time I heard Johannes van Overbeek speak and realised he is more American than I am.
Old 9 Aug 2003, 19:21 (Ref:683816)   #27
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I was speaking of the current political regime in the United States, and their apparent fascination with world domination.

If Dale were running things we could amuse ourselves by wondering not what country we were going to drop by and visit next (ala Iraq), but by driving around wondering what gear we were shifting into.

Since so many Americans are not from America originally, truly one cannot judge a book by its cover here.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 10 Aug 2003, 18:46 (Ref:684399)   #28
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember James Courtney having a similar problem with gears being installed the wrong way round in British F3 a year or so back during qualifying at Brands Hatch. It happens to all sorts of teams, don't give Coyne such a hard time just because of this! (btw I think Courtney qualified on the front row despite his mismatched gears)

As I type Salles is doing a good job of keeping ahead of Tracy!

Last edited by cos; 10 Aug 2003 at 18:47.
Old 11 Aug 2003, 01:04 (Ref:684650)   #29
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
And a hearty congratulations to American Geoff Boss for outpacing all of the broken cars and finishing 15th. Which is still not as good as Yoong was doing...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.