Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Aug 2008, 07:49 (Ref:2263587)   #51
HoTWire
Racer

HoTWire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its a shame if they are going to be building replicas, the B6 and B8 are very special cars to me, made even more so by the fact that there aren't hundreds or replicas out there (like GT40 and Cobra).

Hopefully it won't end up cheapening the heritage of Chevron B8 when inevitably someone sticks a kit on general sale, or at least that seems more likely now. Although I guess it will make it easier for those that have original cars to keep them running.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 08:54 (Ref:2264327)   #52
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Whilst theres heaps of money to be made,it will never stop.If a B8 was only worth a couple of grand,would they have been re-created? Same goes for all things historic,when HTPs were anounced people were rubbing their hands together.
I would agree that if a Chevron B8 or B16 were worth just £4,000 to £5,000 then there would have been little point in re-creating the cars. However they are not and unfortunately no matter what anyone does there are some unscrupulous people about who will attempt to make money out of the gullible.

I must admit I was rubbing my hands together when HTPs were announced not because I thought I could make money out of the situation but at the prospect of the racing.

One cannot blame the constructors from wanting to make money out of their intellectual property however I believe that the market place for such vehicles needs regulating which is highly unlikely to happen as that costs money.

Old 6 Aug 2008, 09:01 (Ref:2264330)   #53
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson
One cannot blame the constructors from wanting to make money out of their intellectual property however I believe that the market place for such vehicles needs regulating which is highly unlikely to happen as that costs money.

but the fact that they are worth money stems from the possibility to take these cars racing as if it were the genuine article. Nobody would probably have a replica B6 in his garage just for admiring it....
Old 6 Aug 2008, 09:26 (Ref:2264340)   #54
chrisks
Rookie

chrisks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are issues here.

1/ The FIA have authorised the issue of HTP papers. Whether you like it or not new cars can be made and as long as they are dated correctly i.e.2008 then they may be allowed to race.

2/ I think we all know that some so called historic cars have been made some years ago and are accepted as the genuine article.

Race cars need spares so if these are made from the original jigs to the original drawings then surely that's good enough for you.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 09:38 (Ref:2264349)   #55
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisks
There are issues here.

1/ The FIA have authorised the issue of HTP papers. Whether you like it or not new cars can be made and as long as they are dated correctly i.e.2008 then they may be allowed to race.
I know of some of those cars which are listed in the programmes as dating from "way before". When I see a B16 with chassis number 39 and coming from 1970 in the programme of the Le Mans Classic, you will get the point.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 11:07 (Ref:2265225)   #56
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've moved a lot of these posts to the Originals v Replicas thread. Can we now stick to Chevrons on this thread and carry on the wider discussion on the O v R thread, please.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2333425)   #57
Delbert
Racer

United Kingdom
Gatwick
Delbert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi - new to this but i did just want to say thank you to Gerald for producing such a good web site, I am very happy to put my cars (B19 and B21) on there with their known history for all to see.
Old 8 Nov 2011, 19:59 (Ref:2983257)   #58
ChevronB18
Rookie

ChevronB18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chevron B18 radiator Specs

Hello, I am a new member of this forum and have just purchased a Chevron B18 project car here in the United States. The project did not include a radiator and I wondered if any members of the Chevron Forum could supply specs for this piece such as height, width, length, number of cooling rows etc? Did the radiator come with an intergal oil cooler? Could anyone provide a picture of this piece? Appreciate any information and insight and thanks, Jerry
Old 13 Nov 2011, 09:04 (Ref:2985452)   #59
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome ChevronB18 - I've copied your post to the relevant Chassis History Archive thread which might provide a better chance of a response to your request. It's here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=86172&page=4

Last edited by John Turner; 13 Nov 2011 at 09:09.