Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Oct 2001, 19:56 (Ref:156429)   #1
Invincible
Racer

New Zealand-Maori
Warrington
Invincible should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The worst of the worst!

Which F1 team was the worst ever to race in F1, it dosen't have to be results wise it can be on anything that made them c**p in the first place!

You decide!
Old 5 Oct 2001, 20:30 (Ref:156439)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember one of the drivers who claimed that the ATS car was prone to falling apart during the race and was actually excluded as it could not keep its mirrors attached during practice.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 20:46 (Ref:156446)   #3
I Ate Yoko Ono
Racer

I Ate Yoko Ono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But KC surely it was the Life car of 1989 driven by Bruno Giacomelli. This was a car that never completed more than a single lap in pre qualifying without breaking down or having to pit. It was entered by a bunch of cowboy no hopers who were up to 13 seconds slower than the next slowest car .

Andrea Moda in 1992 come close in this respect too, poor Perry McCarthy had a similar experience to Giacomelli at Life.

ATS, if you are referring to the 80s team rather than the 60s one were actually quite competitive with the Gustav Brunner designed, BMW turbo poered and Manfred Winckelhock piloted car. I remember them qualifying top ten at many of the old power circuits such as Spa and Osterreichring so I think it would be a little harsh to say they were the worst.

For the money they spent and resources they have always had (ie more than the rest of the grid put together), Ferrari's 21 year championship drought must make them in some respects be considered as the worst team. especially during bad seasons like 1980, 1986, not to mention the dark post Prost days of 1991-3.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 21:05 (Ref:156455)   #4
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Then there was Forti, Pacific, Lola, Theres so may of them its hard to pick a worst and harsh given the budgets they were operating on.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 21:09 (Ref:156458)   #5
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely Minardi must be considered, long time competing with no real success
Old 5 Oct 2001, 21:09 (Ref:156459)   #6
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Osella, Copersucar(Fitipaldi)
Old 5 Oct 2001, 21:18 (Ref:156467)   #7
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wolf, Hesketh, Shadow had no luck they lost 2 key drivers back in the 70's...
Old 5 Oct 2001, 21:40 (Ref:156479)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, Wolf a bad piece of work...
Old 5 Oct 2001, 21:45 (Ref:156486)   #9
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didnt they have a good first year before going downhill? They won their first race didnt they?
Old 5 Oct 2001, 21:52 (Ref:156490)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, in fact they were not that bad. They won 3 times, Argentina, Monaco and Canada. I guess they have been outclassed by Lotus with the ground-effect...

But I'm trying to remember another bad bad team...
Old 5 Oct 2001, 22:09 (Ref:156496)   #11
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wolf won the very first GP in which they competed. Can any other team say that? I'd like to hear why one would think them the worst of the worst.

I'd vote for Team Canada, with Eppie Weitz at the wheel in '74. Maybe not worst of the worst, but certainly one of the most obscure.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 22:15 (Ref:156500)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Yes, NeilC you're right !

I made a little confusion here, because I thought about a certain german team... BUT now I remembered !!!

EIFELLAND

Old 5 Oct 2001, 23:39 (Ref:156530)   #13
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Life, Andrea Moda, ATS, Amon, Prost, Euro Brun, Dallara, Kaushen, Kojima, Merzario, Lambo, Maki, Eifelland, Onyx, RAM, Rial, Trojan, Simtek, Politoys, Pacific, Lola, Lec, Scuderia Italia, Forti, HWM, Arrows......the list goes on an on.
Old 6 Oct 2001, 02:42 (Ref:156586)   #14
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The is the definitive worst of the worst list:

Life 1990 - firstly, they tried a radical W12 engine. Bad idea. The car rarely made it out of the pits. Gary Brabham chucked in the towel after two races.

Andrea Moda 1992 - The worst team EVER. Poor Roberto and Perry. Really, this effort was beyond explanation.

And then there are all those teams from the 1960s-1980s whose efforts were substandard to say the least:

Therodore, Rebaque, Parnelli, Kauhsen, Merzario, Maki, Fondmetal, Osella, Eurobrun, Coloni, AGS, Iso Marlboro, Trojan et al