Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 5 Nov 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3861160)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British Rallycross Championship 2019

2019 calendar now online:

Round 1 - 24/03/19 - Silverstone

Round 2 - 2/04/19 - Lydden (Easter Monday)

Round 3 - 22/06/19 - Pembrey

Round 4 - 23/06/19 - Pembrey

Round 5 - 26/08/19 - Lydden (August BH Monday)

Round 6 - 08/09/19 - Croft

Round 7 - 22/09/19 - Pembrey

Round 8 - 27/10/19 - Croft

Bit more blurb here:

https://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/e...lmb6xfn_3N22j8
Old 2 Jan 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3873644)   #2
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Article in Motorsport News saying that RX Lites will be eligible for use in the Supercar class in 2019:

Old 2 Jan 2019, 19:08 (Ref:3873681)   #3
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Years ago they where eligible for Supermodified as RWD ...
Old 2 Jan 2019, 20:57 (Ref:3873703)   #4
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why?
Is it to support the superclass or to start a fledgling series on its own?
Old 2 Jan 2019, 21:50 (Ref:3873714)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
As the article says I can't see it attracting a flood of entries, but at least the option is there.

Silverstone is surely the most likely British round to attract RX2 drivers.
Old 3 Jan 2019, 08:58 (Ref:3873753)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I guess it's not much different to the old 'spaceframe supercar' class - Terry Briggs had his Clio but I think that was the only one that competed.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 17:37 (Ref:3875310)   #7
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't it make more sense for them to offer a subclass for production 4wd (conforming to same regs as the BTRDA class)? That would give people more opportunities to race, build up numbers and help align the two series.

The MSA series seems dead on its feet at the moment - I was once a regular but haven't been to a meeting for years.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 10:10 (Ref:3877876)   #8
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Roger Thomas has purchased one of the M-Sport built Fiestas (from Bryan Herta Autosport) for use in the British Championship.

Probably my favourite modern supercar, assuming it will be running a Pipo engine that is surely going to be a very competitive car.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3877952)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Interesting - I'm looking forward to seeing how that car goes compared with the other Fiestas. What was the appeal of importing that from the states rather than buying one of the European based Fiestas?
Old 23 Jan 2019, 15:49 (Ref:3877962)   #10
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Interesting - I'm looking forward to seeing how that car goes compared with the other Fiestas. What was the appeal of importing that from the states rather than buying one of the European based Fiestas?
An M-Sport Fiesta is probably as close as you can get to a manufacture car. Even if there are other options, I would personally go for an M-Sport Fiesta over a car from MJP, STARD, OMSE or other regulars.

The only M-Sport built Fiesta in Europe I believe is in the hands of Set Promotion/GRX and Nitiss won the ERX with it.

When I saw Block with it (the GRX Fiesta by the way) in Norway in 2014, you could literally feel the ground vibrating when he accelerated out of the last corner. That car was really something else compared to the rest back then.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 16:05 (Ref:3877967)   #11
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I would say the M-Sport Fiesta was easily the best of the Fords available at the time. OMSE, MJP and STARD may have closed the gap now but, if I had the cash*, that's where I'd go!

(* a very large boatload of cash)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
When I saw Block with it (the GRX Fiesta by the way) in Norway in 2014, you could literally feel the ground vibrating when he accelerated out of the last corner. That car was really something else compared to the rest back then.
I believe the car Block used in Europe in 2014 wasn't his GRX Fiesta (the RX43), it was a second M-Sport car. That Fiesta was subsequently used by Niclas Gronholm and is the car that Nitiss won the Euro title with last year.

My experience as a spectator (Loheac 2014) was the same as yours though: the car sounded absolutely savage on the overrun. I hope the Thomas car sounds like that!
Old 23 Jan 2019, 16:24 (Ref:3877974)   #12
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I would say the M-Sport Fiesta was easily the best of the Fords available at the time. OMSE, MJP and STARD may have closed the gap now but, if I had the cash*, that's where I'd go!

(* a very large boatload of cash)

I believe the car Block used in Europe in 2014 wasn't his GRX Fiesta (the RX43), it was a second M-Sport car. That Fiesta was subsequently used by Niclas Gronholm and is the car that Nitiss won the Euro title with last year.

My experience as a spectator (Loheac 2014) was the same as yours though: the car sounded absolutely savage on the overrun. I hope the Thomas car sounds like that!
"GRX owner, Marcus Gronholm, concluded: “We have a new car for this year - it’s the Fiesta RX that was raced previously by Ken Block.""

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...D1pN5obg5yESdc

But I agree fully, the M-Sport is a magnificent car.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3877988)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
"GRX owner, Marcus Gronholm, concluded: “We have a new car for this year - it’s the Fiesta RX that was raced previously by Ken Block.""

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...D1pN5obg5yESdc

But I agree fully, the M-Sport is a magnificent car.
Apologies, I think I may have misread your original post, just to confirm:

I believe the first rallycross Fiesta M-Sport built was the RX43, which is the car that Block owns and was used in the GRC and in several gymkhana films (Gymkhana 6, Gymkhana 8 and Terrakhana).

For his two European appearances in 2014, Block borrowed a second M-Sport car. That is the car that Niclas Gronholm used later (hence the comment "We have a new car for this year - it’s the Fiesta RX that was raced previously by Ken Block" because it was the car that Block raced in Europe, but not the one he owned). That same car was then used by Nitiss last year.

Block still owns his M-Sport Fiesta, it was last seen in a video on the Hoonigan You Tube channel last year.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3877994)   #14
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Apologies, I think I may have misread your original post, just to confirm:

I believe the first rallycross Fiesta M-Sport built was the RX43, which is the car that Block owns and was used in the GRC and in several gymkhana films (Gymkhana 6, Gymkhana 8 and Terrakhana).

For his two European appearances in 2014, Block borrowed a second M-Sport car. That is the car that Niclas Gronholm used later (hence the comment "We have a new car for this year - it’s the Fiesta RX that was raced previously by Ken Block" because it was the car that Block raced in Europe, but not the one he owned). That same car was then used by Nitiss last year.

Block still owns his M-Sport Fiesta, it was last seen in a video on the Hoonigan You Tube channel last year.
Correct. However, the car he used in Europe was especially built for his rounds in WRX that year. Unfortunately I couldn't find the links to the posts on Facebook by Block back then.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 18:06 (Ref:3877996)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Correct. However, the car he used in Europe was especially built for his rounds in WRX that year. Unfortunately I couldn't find the links to the posts on Facebook by Block back then.
Oh really? I didn't know that. I understood that car was a "spare" that M-Sport had planned to run themselves (with Matthew Wilson driving), but it never happened: perhaps that came after Block had finished with the car.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 18:31 (Ref:3877999)   #16
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Oh really? I didn't know that. I understood that car was a "spare" that M-Sport had planned to run themselves (with Matthew Wilson driving), but it never happened: perhaps that came after Block had finished with the car.
I remember posts made by Block back then and him writing about it. He tested it in England with an all-silver livery. It was supposedly a slight upgrade compared to the RX43.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 22:16 (Ref:3878058)   #17
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[For his two European appearances in 2014, Block borrowed a second M-Sport car.]

He borrowed it?
Wouldnt have thought Msport would do that?
Old 23 Jan 2019, 23:20 (Ref:3878069)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
[For his two European appearances in 2014, Block borrowed a second M-Sport car.]

He borrowed it?
Wouldnt have thought Msport would do that?
Perhaps "rent" would be a more appropriate word!
Old 24 Jan 2019, 09:17 (Ref:3878135)   #19
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
I remember posts made by Block back then and him writing about it. He tested it in England with an all-silver livery. It was supposedly a slight upgrade compared to the RX43.
Because I like to know the trivial details, I found the post!

Original post was made here and more pictures were posted here.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 09:51 (Ref:3878150)   #20
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:

Thanks, good digging!
Old 27 Jan 2019, 19:22 (Ref:3879986)   #21
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

And now owned by Mikko Ikkonen.
Old 27 Jan 2019, 21:33 (Ref:3880056)   #22
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
And now owned by Mikko Ikkonen.
Bought from SET Motorsport?
Old 7 Mar 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3888911)   #23
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the first round in a couple of weeks, might we see an entry list soon? Be interesting to see if any WRX regulars come and test Silverstone. I presume that they haven't made and changes to the circuit to make it quicker.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3889730)   #24
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Entries for round 1 at Silverstone now up:

British Rallycross Championship - Round 1 Entries

8 Supercars
11 Supernational/S1600
8 Junior Swift
10 Swift
10 BMW Mini
15 Retros (4 Group B/4WD, 6 Super Retro, 5 Retro)
2 RX150

Higgins not returning to defend his title then? And not looking like much of a fight for the RX150 title.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3889743)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sounds like an exciting event. Hopefully that entry will make it worth it. That’s what it needs. Don’t know where Higgins has gone though