Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 28 Jun 2009, 13:28 (Ref:2492703)   #26
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
All done now. Valles won again, but Pizzonia did well to move from 10th to 3rd.

I don't like the complete grid reversal for race 2, but there is some potential there.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 13:37 (Ref:2492709)   #27
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it does seem odd in a racing context, but the whole thing is about entertainment not racing so it's about right really.

it's a good laugh, but as a brit with my own club not participating i've had to find solace in the arms of the nearest non-uk geographical alternative. i feel dirty
Old 28 Jun 2009, 13:38 (Ref:2492710)   #28
ford prefect
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
ford prefect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good racing but what a diabolical commentator. Get your act together Eurosport and provide someone who understands motorsport.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 14:10 (Ref:2492724)   #29
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They could always have used the World Feed with Ben Edwards ...
Old 28 Jun 2009, 14:22 (Ref:2492730)   #30
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford prefect View Post
Good racing but what a diabolical commentator. Get your act together Eurosport and provide someone who understands motorsport.
Indeed, though Eurosport will never listen. If only Martin Haven could be in two places at once.

I'm guessing Setanta's coverage maybe means Eurosport aren't allowed to use the live feed too?

In his defence that stand-in commentator (though obviously out of his depth) at least tried and clearly read some background info about the series and the weekend. I can't imagine Carlton Kirby would have bothered.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 18:52 (Ref:2492822)   #31
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The engines are so loud, that you can't hear Ben Edwards on Setanta! What a noise! It just puts a large smile on your face Shame we couldn't watch qualy yesterday, it was absolutely fantastic last year.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 19:40 (Ref:2492840)   #32
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only seen race 1 so far - and it was excellent! Passing, close battles, dicing, position swapping... what else do you want?

And yes those engines sound fantastic, they're mixed louder than on last year's TV coverage by the sounds of it.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2492865)   #33
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
In his defence that stand-in commentator (though obviously out of his depth) at least tried and clearly read some background info about the series and the weekend. I can't imagine Carlton Kirby would have bothered.
Maybe, but if I was given the job (very unlikely, I know ) I would have done a great deal more preparation than that.

I've seen just how much preparation Ben Edwards puts into something fairly simple like an awards presentation evening and it's meticulous. He really is a professional. That's why I'm totally biased in his favour.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2492897)   #34
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got bless webstreams, I have seen all three races and I am must say the series did its homework over the winter, if anything the cars are now way more reliable. Plus I think the driver line-up is quite good, at least half of it. Pantano vs Rigon was quite a race.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 21:58 (Ref:2492911)   #35
eveningladies
Rookie

United Kingdom
York
eveningladies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i feel really sorry for the n00bs in those cars, it looks like a lot to get used to. dolby is mega though, when did that happen!
He always has been! Just never really had the chance (nor budget) to show it with a British team before. He was blinding this weekend. Fastest lap in race 1, and in race 2 he'd got up to 7th after 5 laps or so while the others were still wallowing at the back. Shame the car got stuck in gear on the last lap - I think he would have been leading the Championship if that hadn't have happened
Old 28 Jun 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2492934)   #36
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Indeed, though Eurosport will never listen. If only Martin Haven could be in two places at once.

I'm guessing Setanta's coverage maybe means Eurosport aren't allowed to use the live feed too?

Of course Haven could have been in two places at once: the Eurosport commentaries on F2 and SF were being done in the same building after all. The only problem was the 30 minute overlap.

Eurosport ALWAYS, WITHOUT EXCEPTION use their own commentator when they are showing something live - it is so they can tell him to be quiet when they want to take a break, or insert an edit point for later highlights, or promote something coming up later on Eurosport.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 08:39 (Ref:2493084)   #37
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Btw, I know F2 seems to be the longer term project, but SF racing is many times more entertaining than F2 and with names like Liverpool and Milan they have much more appeal, so why on earth Eurosport don't put some more priority on SF?
Old 29 Jun 2009, 16:22 (Ref:2493416)   #38
eveningladies
Rookie

United Kingdom
York
eveningladies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good footage online here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mslB-jX_EH8
Old 30 Jun 2009, 05:53 (Ref:2493675)   #39
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Like many others it seems, Sunday was the first time i actually got to see a SL race. Have to say, the cars are great. Racing was excellent. I still cringe a little at the concept as i detest football, but all is forgiven when those V12's shriek past.

Good job.