Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Apr 2019, 21:10 (Ref:3900567)   #501
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do find this thread interesting, it’s different from the norm
Old 29 Apr 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3900573)   #502
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
If you are replying to my post this has nothing to do with what I wrote, if not then I apologise as you are correct.
In response to the team truck driver
Old 30 Apr 2019, 02:46 (Ref:3900619)   #503
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Driving the team truck is only part of the job description for these blokes. Many conveniently, or ignorantly perhaps, forget that.
Very aware of that, however some, not all, take extreme pride in how the truck is presented.
Still an ego thing.

I know one who used to drive a very photogenic truck.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 03:26 (Ref:3900621)   #504
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Apr 2019, 10:25 (Ref:3900677)   #505
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
At least there seems to be plenty of parking space in the Nullarbor. No wonder we don’t get ‘doubles’ in the UK!

And I’d say for truckies who spend a lot of time and effort on their rigs, it’s more a matter of ‘pride’ than ‘ego’. Maybe the latter for team owners....
Old 30 Apr 2019, 12:21 (Ref:3900700)   #506
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
At least there seems to be plenty of parking space in the Nullarbor. No wonder we don’t get ‘doubles’ in the UK! :
They're not so fascinating when you're following them, either, although passing opportunities tend to be much better than here.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 12:53 (Ref:3900711)   #507
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well yes that is the problem, but it's a problem that's been around for a long time
Old 30 Apr 2019, 20:57 (Ref:3900826)   #508
S griffin
Veteran

I think everyone is used to trucks on the motorway, so we just sigh and let it go
Old 1 May 2019, 13:32 (Ref:3900995)   #509
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Old 2 May 2019, 06:07 (Ref:3901125)   #510
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I suspect one or two people here think it is glamorous but that is the last thing it is.
100%. And also correct that driving the truck is but a small part of the gig. But I love it. Spent the summer driving a Sprintcar around NZ. Would love to drive for a race team in OZ. I'm coming over to Oz for good next week.
Old 2 May 2019, 09:34 (Ref:3901152)   #511
S griffin
Veteran

You're right there. These people must love it. I can see why you do. It gives you satisfaction to do that job. The truckies must love doing it for a race team. Good luck in Oz mate
Old 2 May 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3901196)   #512
S griffin
Veteran

I am liking this thread. It’s good to be reminded not just of the race team, but those who transport it to the races too. Without them, it would be harder, so here’s to them
Old 3 May 2019, 11:17 (Ref:3901472)   #513
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 3 May 2019, 11:39 (Ref:3901476)   #514
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks impressive.

However, it's amazing to think DJR/DJRTP made do with their ~25 year old trailer; and still don't need a B-Tripple/tent-annex thingy set-up to keep them at the top of the series.
Old 3 May 2019, 12:24 (Ref:3901488)   #515
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Looks impressive.

However, it's amazing to think DJR/DJRTP made do with their ~25 year old trailer; and still don't need a B-Tripple/tent-annex thingy set-up to keep them at the top of the series.
Every single team in pit lane has at least one tent-annex thingy, including DJRTP that runs a minimum of 2 tent-annex thingys at each event.
Old 3 May 2019, 12:58 (Ref:3901497)   #516
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Looks impressive.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/05/01/gallery-pirtek-perth-supernight-wednesday-set-up/?image=4

Yeah they still need a tent.
Old 3 May 2019, 17:58 (Ref:3901558)   #517
S griffin
Veteran

Well not everyone can afford big hospitality
Old 3 May 2019, 22:12 (Ref:3901607)   #518
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well not everyone can afford big hospitality

It’s not for hospitality!

Instead for keeping wheels and tyres plus tyre racks, and some tools/parts for the cars.
Saves going in and out of the transporter, especially since the lower level of the truck is rarely at ground level... except possibly behind the pits at Sandown..
Old 3 May 2019, 23:42 (Ref:3901619)   #519
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the covers for on the rear under trays of the cars? Supercars teams cant hide anything, can they?
one hellava life
Old 3 May 2019, 23:47 (Ref:3901622)   #520
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I assumed it was to prevent any possible fluid leaks on their equipment.
Old 3 May 2019, 23:57 (Ref:3901626)   #521
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So do they go the full length of the car?
one hellava life
Old 4 May 2019, 00:30 (Ref:3901628)   #522
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggs View Post
What are the covers for on the rear under trays of the cars? Supercars teams cant hide anything, can they?
Once they're in the garage and the race meeting has started they're prevented from covering or screening but that doesn't apply in the truck etc. Teams have been using similar covers for years now - prevents others from taking easy shots up under the cars and see what springs/dampers etc they're running.
Old 4 May 2019, 20:36 (Ref:3901859)   #523
S griffin
Veteran

Well teams are always reluctant to reveal secrets. So nice ingenuity there
Old 5 May 2019, 23:52 (Ref:3902096)   #524
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Another B-Train...

Old 16 Nov 2019, 00:15 (Ref:3940854)   #525
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid