Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Apr 2001, 13:26 (Ref:83542)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry about the title Craig

But i was thinking the other day, why aren't more food/drink companies getting behind V8s? Ok, there is Pepsi and to a degree VB, but Coke, Gatorade, Tooheys, McDonalds, KFC et al have all gone missing in recent years. I wonder if the teams still try these avenues..... Putting on your thinking cap, what sort of companies would you target (to pay for your virtual team ) with sponsorship proposals?
Old 22 Apr 2001, 13:37 (Ref:83550)   #2
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can see a canbalistic streak in the V8 guys so I would have thought 2 litre weaners!
Old 22 Apr 2001, 15:49 (Ref:83602)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well weve had a few that i can remember.

Coke (WGR) , Hungry jacks (2 litre),KFC (Kevin Heffernan) , Diet Coke (Paul Morris) , Pepsi (Dugal) , Gatorade (M3 motorsport) , VB (HRT and DJR) , McDonalds (Glenn Seton) , but where are the rest ...Pizza Hut, Pizza haven..oh hang on thought of one more ..hogs breath cafe (Tony Longhurst)

what about Coles and K Mart or Safeway..there are so many Subway would be good..but no one seems to want to sponsor cars that much..i guess the big teams are after a heck of alot of money.

I dont care who sponsors the cars just as long as someone does so we can see more cars out there.
Old 22 Apr 2001, 17:25 (Ref:83635)   #4
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always thought McDonalds and Coca Cola should get back into V8 Sponsorship - they are huge companies and for someone like Coke they could try and tie in to being the only soft drink sold at races etc.

Also, how about someone like Hoyts sponsors a car and changes the livery every 2 months or so as the next big movie release comes out ?

Also Pizza Hutt, Pepsi and KFC are all still part of Pepsico right ? Pepsico should have it's own 2 car team. One car is KFC and the other Pizza Hut..both could also have Pepsi signage.

Lowndes is begging for a big sponsor right now and the above companies just aren't interested ?
Old 24 Apr 2001, 02:29 (Ref:84265)   #5
thompson_fan
Racer

thompson_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if were to run in the V8's other than my two main sponsers, (Toronto Raptors & Manchester United) i wish. i'd probably have Subway cause that would be 1 franchise i could do ads for cause i like their food
Old 24 Apr 2001, 05:01 (Ref:84301)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know this is very sad and way off topic, but i think Happy Gilmour is the reason why i eat at Subway
Old 24 Apr 2001, 05:38 (Ref:84313)   #7
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
...what about Coles and K Mart or Safeway..there are so many
Yes, I suppose you could Target them...
Old 24 Apr 2001, 09:03 (Ref:84355)   #8
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ray,

You don't have a 'Chip' on your shoulder do you?
Old 24 Apr 2001, 13:16 (Ref:84416)   #9
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, that's the Ganassi joker...

I have a proposal I'd like to put to them, though, not racing related...
Old 24 Apr 2001, 14:48 (Ref:84460)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
oh blimey guys ..thats was very good.

I was watching someone trying to be healthy today as they ate there bird seed and noticed that it was Uncle Toby's...there a local manufacturer from my area but are more associated with Ironmen for some reason..maybe Guy andrews might get their money.

and I love Subway too..we only got a store here at Christmas time and what a chrissy present it was