Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 7 Mar 2000, 22:56 (Ref:7019)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In Australia that is. The last round of the championship has now been cancelled, and by all reports the Western Australian round of the championship was a flop and a half. Rumors persist about Bob Jane's health and the sale of the Thunderdome (both of which i hope are false). But with few events and fewer competitors (or at least interested ones with cash in their wallets) it seems rather doomed. Also this Junior Tourers business is sucking many of the competitors out of Auscar, so basically it is shooting itself in the foot. Your thoughts?
Old 8 Mar 2000, 01:56 (Ref:7020)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I think they have been beating a dead horse for a few years now..I dont know what the answer is but I guess with V8 supercar being so popular Nascar will never take off in this country..also we only have 2 ovals and Adelaide isnt that good a track..but if we had tracks in sydney and maybe Brisbane I think the class would have a chance to survive..I dont want to see NASCAR on road courses ..they are slow and handle bad and dont stop to well ..a bit like a fish out of water..the oval tracks is where they shine and thats where they should stay for now at least..Ive only been to the thunderdome once and it was good but the lack of cars is also a huge problem..we watch Daytona with 43 cars and it is amazing..but down here we only get 15 cars or so which just isnt good enough to provide a great show that NASCAR is.
doesnt bother me if it suceeds or not here..I prefer to watch the Americans drive anyway and i havent followed the OZ series for about 4 years now.