Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Feb 2004, 03:19 (Ref:887951)   #51
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Justin Wilson has also driven in FIA GT - back in 2001 in a NGT Porsche 911 GT3 R, partnering Tomas Enge I belive.
Yes, I'd forgotten about that one- think it was a Czech-entered Coca-Cola backed GT3R- Enge had a couple of runs in it, and Wilson certainly appeared at least once

Last edited by KA; 28 Feb 2004 at 03:20.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 09:54 (Ref:888075)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by veeten
awwww, it's only because you're a good friend.

... that, and we want to get a rise out of you.

Fire away matey, I'm pretty thick-skinned and I ask for it most of the time.....
Old 28 Feb 2004, 11:07 (Ref:888130)   #53
HJC
Racer

HJC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Cadete
Guess who drove this car today, SFonseca? According to dsc it was our Pedro Lamy
My "Galeria Kaufhof" - "Inno Galeria" story on the first page of this thread suddenly makes more sense doesn't it

Last edited by HJC; 28 Feb 2004 at 11:08.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 11:47 (Ref:888151)   #54
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
justin definitely did do Sebring in an Ascari
Old 28 Feb 2004, 18:21 (Ref:888360)   #55
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by HJC
My "Galeria Kaufhof" - "Inno Galeria" story on the first page of this thread suddenly makes more sense doesn't it
Indeed
Old 28 Feb 2004, 23:33 (Ref:888647)   #56
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Montoya drive a Merc at 1996 Silverstone ITC? I seem to recall him spinning.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 13:18 (Ref:889116)   #57
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by KA
Michael and Fisi aren't the only current F1 drivers with DTM experience- didn't Montoya do at least one DTM/ITC race with Opel? Coulthard's got a bit of touring car experience behind him as well as his Jaguar drive- a BTCC one-off in a Vauxhall Cavalier...

You could add to the list a couple of last year's F1 drivers who are out of a drive this year- Ralph Firman has a fair bit of Japanese GT experience, and didn't Justin Wilson have an outing in an Ascari a couple of years back- either Daytona or Sebring from memory?
I also forgot Felipe Massa, who raced an Alfa Romeo 156 GTa in the ETCC in (I think) 2002.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 13:53 (Ref:889152)   #58
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
Indeed
There is no conection between Pedro Lamy BMW's test and "Galeria Kaufhof" - "Inno Galeria".
Old 11 Mar 2004, 17:22 (Ref:902160)   #59
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
BMW Motorsport will enter two BMW GTR's in a few races (probably Spa Euro 4 hour Race and Eiffelrennen at the Nürburgring) of the Belgian Belcar championship. BMW uses these races as a preparation for the 24h of Spa-Francorchamps.

The cars are driven by Jörg en Dirk Müller, the other 2 drivers will be announced in the near future.

source: www.pitstoptv.be
Old 11 Mar 2004, 20:00 (Ref:902306)   #60
Carse
Racer

Carse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi im a new user to this site and i was wondering if the m3 gtr running in the fia-gt round at monza is any relation to the car that ran the bathurst 24hrs in oz? i know that John Bowe was the lead driver in the line up for that particular race and does anybody know if that was a "test" race for the bmw squad to obtain setup data etc?
Old 11 Mar 2004, 20:12 (Ref:902322)   #61
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Oz M3 GTR was an older, privateer six cylinder car I believe.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 20:53 (Ref:902389)   #62
Carse
Racer

i dont think it was as the engine it ran was a v8 pretty much strait out of the box with little development and testing. although it was a privateer entry i was just wondering if bmw obtained setup data from that team to aid there campaign for fia-gt?
Old 11 Mar 2004, 20:55 (Ref:902392)   #63
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It must have been the M5 V8 then. The works cars used purpose built V8s not available to privateers.

BMW will only race at Spa and Nurburgring.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 21:02 (Ref:902401)   #64
Carse
Racer

thats what i thought it might have been, times were pretty slow so i didnt think it would be a works job (engine wise). is the works team using a m5 4,9 litre derived power plant then or is it a completely new cylinder block? if so what horse is it producing?
Old 11 Mar 2004, 21:49 (Ref:902462)   #65
JAG
Veteran

England
It is purpose built. Produces over 470BHP.

The car itself is also modified.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 18:32 (Ref:907324)   #66
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
More pictures of the BMW M3 GTR during testing at Spa today.

There were also some ETCC BMW's and the Kondo Dome.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 19:26 (Ref:907390)   #67
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that URL.