Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2014, 01:37 (Ref:3467786)   #46
jasonjessica09
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,109
jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
While we're dreaming, how about a couple of Nissan GTRs and a few full season V12 Vantages.
PWC already boasts a really stellar grid, but there's always room for more!

The possibilities are almost endless!
It looks like at this point every major make in GT3 racing will be represented in the series accept for Nissan. Lets hope someone comes with that. But yeah PWC will be the premier all GT sprint series in the world in 2015 for sure. Also I think this series will have more manufacturer diversity that the Blancpain Endurance Series.

I am not a fan of ELMS GTC by the way because there are too many Ferraris and those cars have a 40 kg weight penalty to slow them down I think. Don't like neutered GT3 cars. Kinda like GTD through next year.

2015 will be the peak year for PWC. It will lose a little bit the year after but will still be strong. They should stick to sprint races to give them a unique identity from TUSC which will be enduros with pit crews and tire changes required.
jasonjessica09 is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Oct 2014, 01:58 (Ref:3467793)   #47
MitchZ06
Veteran
 
MitchZ06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
New Zealand
Australia
Posts: 2,258
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uh, GTC in ELMS is far and away better than GTD, add a bit of weight to your GT3 and go racing vs *******ize it and change the wing, electronics changes, etc. They're really nothing alike....
MitchZ06 is offline  
__________________
Mitchell Legg
NRG Racing
Quote
Old 24 Oct 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3467801)   #48
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran
 
Lagunaseca_4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
United States
Central Valley CA
Posts: 2,142
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't get me wrong and I'm Not saying I don't like all these cars,but I don't think PWC is going to be all that stellar.i don't trust scca to handle this many cars and quality teams all at once,scca and PWC is has been more geared towards am and club racing.the grid is exploding with all these new cars and teams,but how about scca and the staff are they hiring race directors,tech inspectors,new rules or is it going to be a free for all.seriously they are going to be forced to split gt and gts,will indycar weekends even allow that?and seriously the standing starts need to go or it's going to be a distruction derby when the lights go out.

I want to see all these cars and great racing,but one hour is not enough when there's cautions.and erlier this year they were good at not calling them but as the year went on we saw 20-30 fcy which ruined several races.add more cars,more am drivers and more aggressive pro drivers for 2015 and I forsee 20-30 minute gt3 perades.not that I don't like gt3 but I want to see full on racing.1:30-2 hour races are considered sprint races,1 hour. Heck that's just warm up.then with this many teams and manufactures getting involved don't think PWC won't change bop in Cadillacs favor when it feels like it.

I really hope PWC and scca can pull off 2015, might have to be the first race series to implement code 60 in the US,that would be cool but I HIGHLY doubt that will ever happen.
Lagunaseca_4life is offline  
__________________
RACE CAR:
noun:
an automobile built or modified for racing.
Quote
Old 24 Oct 2014, 03:57 (Ref:3467810)   #49
Mechanic Z
Veteran
 
Mechanic Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
United States
Mos Eisley
Posts: 1,912
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Don't get me wrong and I'm Not saying I don't like all these cars,but I don't think PWC is going to be all that stellar.i don't trust scca to handle this many cars and quality teams all at once,scca and PWC is has been more geared towards am and club racing.the grid is exploding with all these new cars and teams,but how about scca and the staff are they hiring race directors,tech inspectors,new rules or is it going to be a free for all.
They actually have a race director, Geoff Carter. Seems to be well-respected, and he's done a pretty good job since I've been watching, as best as I can recall.

Quote:
seriously they are going to be forced to split gt and gts,will indycar weekends even allow that?and seriously the standing starts need to go or it's going to be a distruction derby when the lights go out.
They are actually planning on splitting GT and GTS already:

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...dule-revealed/

Quote:
I want to see all these cars and great racing,but one hour is not enough when there's cautions.and erlier this year they were good at not calling them but as the year went on we saw 20-30 fcy which ruined several races.add more cars,more am drivers and more aggressive pro drivers for 2015 and I forsee 20-30 minute gt3 perades.not that I don't like gt3 but I want to see full on racing.1:30-2 hour races are considered sprint races,1 hour. Heck that's just warm up.then with this many teams and manufactures getting involved don't think PWC won't change bop in Cadillacs favor when it feels like it.
I'd like to see longer races, but the twin one-hour race format is actually okay, IMO. With GT and the new GT cup class running separate from GTS, should be a bit less speed difference; hopefully that will lead to less cautions. Actually, I thought PWC did a pretty good job with cautions this year. They kept them fairly short, and didn't seem to just throw them around that much, I thought. Plus, they have a traveling safety team. Keep them safe!

As for the BoP, weren't the Cadillacs actually still slower than the other cars, post BoP changes? They sure seemed it.


To me, World Challenge is pretty cool right now, and looks like it's going to be better still in 2015. Let's make sure their events are well-attended!

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 24 Oct 2014 at 04:06.
Mechanic Z is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Oct 2014, 04:44 (Ref:3467816)   #50
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran
 
Lagunaseca_4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
United States
Central Valley CA
Posts: 2,142
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
To me, World Challenge is pretty cool right now, and looks like it's going to be better still in 2015. Let's make sure their events are well-attended!
I agree,just right now I feel that they may be getting a little ahead of them selfs.i do hope it works out for a great season.
Lagunaseca_4life is offline  
__________________
RACE CAR:
noun:
an automobile built or modified for racing.
Quote
Old 24 Oct 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3467862)   #51
Miguel
Veteran
 
Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Netherlands
GLD
Posts: 626
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do we know yet which races will be endurance events?

PWC is something I'll be following with more interest next year, looks like this might be the place to be for North American GT3 racing at least until IMSA allows GT3's in. Good to see GT3 racing now also reach North America.
Miguel is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Oct 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3467926)   #52
Rodger Davies
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Wales
Bradford, UK
Posts: 3,026
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
No endurance races, all 50 minutes as I understand.
Rodger Davies is offline  
__________________
Eat Sportscars
Sleep Sportscars
Drink Gulf
Quote
Old 24 Oct 2014, 18:54 (Ref:3468024)   #53
NaBUru38
Veteran
 
NaBUru38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Posts: 7,737
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I'd like to see longer races, but the twin one-hour race format is actually okay, IMO.

With GT and the new GT cup class running separate from GTS, should be a bit less speed difference; hopefully that will lead to less cautions.
How about two 40-minute heat races with split grids (GT-GTS combined), and a 80-minute feature race (standalone GT and GTS)? That way, there would be just one winner per weekend.
NaBUru38 is offline  
__________________
"Show me a driver who didnít make a handful of errors this year, and Iíll show you someone who wasnít trying hard enough." - David Malsher
Quote
Old 24 Oct 2014, 19:12 (Ref:3468033)   #54
nasportscar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
United States
Wisconsin
Posts: 746
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's our updated entry list tracker. Good job to GT3World with his as well! http://nasportscar.com/entry-list-so...-gtgt-a-class/
nasportscar is offline  
__________________
North American SportsCar
Quote
Old 25 Oct 2014, 03:11 (Ref:3468144)   #55
Miguel
Veteran
 
Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Netherlands
GLD
Posts: 626
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
No endurance races, all 50 minutes as I understand.
Ooooh, unfortunately. But can hardly blame them for not changing a concept that seems to work. Thanks for the information!
Miguel is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Oct 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3468304)   #56
Maelochs
Veteran
 
Maelochs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,017
Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For PWC, finishing the race on one tank of fuel is pretty much essential to keeping the costs down--the costs associated with care and transport of fueling rigs and pit/safety crews would probably make the series unattractive for many drivers.

Standing starts, however ... way too many races started with twelve seconds of tire smoke and twelve minutes of caution. I think that is an area deserving further consideration.
Maelochs is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Oct 2014, 14:43 (Ref:3468321)   #57
Rodger Davies
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Wales
Bradford, UK
Posts: 3,026
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Agree with that, hopefully slightly smaller grids will help.
Rodger Davies is offline  
__________________
Eat Sportscars
Sleep Sportscars
Drink Gulf
Quote
Old 25 Oct 2014, 20:52 (Ref:3468386)   #58
jasonjessica09
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,109
jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Agree with that, hopefully slightly smaller grids will help.
Yeah "GTS" cars caused most of the FCY's last year. Perhaps as many as 75% of them?. And I wish I was a part of the roundtable discussion on the PWC that nasportscar.com sponsored the other night. I would have asked if the series organizers are considering ditching standing starts. I just don't think standing starts are suited for GT cars. They should left to the single seaters. I bet standing starts are more stressful on the cars too which could rise costs.

Mr. Kistler, can you ask the PWC brass this question about the standing starts t some point if you have not already?
jasonjessica09 is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Oct 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3468449)   #59
cbbrit
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Jersey
St. Helena, California
Posts: 544
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can add 8Star Motorsports as an additional entry with a Ferrari F458. No driver(s) named yet but this should be confirmed soon.
cbbrit is online now  
Quote
Old 26 Oct 2014, 00:53 (Ref:3468488)   #60
nasportscar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
United States
Wisconsin
Posts: 746
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Yeah "GTS" cars caused most of the FCY's last year. Perhaps as many as 75% of them?. And I wish I was a part of the roundtable discussion on the PWC that nasportscar.com sponsored the other night. I would have asked if the series organizers are considering ditching standing starts. I just don't think standing starts are suited for GT cars. They should left to the single seaters. I bet standing starts are more stressful on the cars too which could rise costs.

Mr. Kistler, can you ask the PWC brass this question about the standing starts t some point if you have not already?
I can check and see what they say..

As for standing starts, I love it..however, for GT3 cars it's hard b/c most (any?) don't have any sort of launch control from the factory, so it's been an issue this season.
nasportscar is offline  
__________________
North American SportsCar
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pirelli World Challenge Rounds 5: Long Beach Mechanic Z North American Racing 170 26 Apr 2015 03:26
Pirelli World Challenge Rounds 1 & 2: COTA Mechanic Z North American Racing 186 19 Mar 2015 13:14
Pirelli World Challenge vs TUSC GTD. What is the difference? Danathar North American Racing 15 3 Jan 2014 19:20
2013 SCCA Pirelli World Challenge WolfsburgRS North American Racing 225 29 Aug 2013 04:24
Pirelli World Challenge Lizardfolk North American Racing 3 5 Apr 2013 16:51


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 17:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.