Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Oct 2014, 01:37 (Ref:3467786)   #46
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
While we're dreaming, how about a couple of Nissan GTRs and a few full season V12 Vantages.
PWC already boasts a really stellar grid, but there's always room for more!

The possibilities are almost endless!
It looks like at this point every major make in GT3 racing will be represented in the series accept for Nissan. Lets hope someone comes with that. But yeah PWC will be the premier all GT sprint series in the world in 2015 for sure. Also I think this series will have more manufacturer diversity that the Blancpain Endurance Series.

I am not a fan of ELMS GTC by the way because there are too many Ferraris and those cars have a 40 kg weight penalty to slow them down I think. Don't like neutered GT3 cars. Kinda like GTD through next year.

2015 will be the peak year for PWC. It will lose a little bit the year after but will still be strong. They should stick to sprint races to give them a unique identity from TUSC which will be enduros with pit crews and tire changes required.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 01:58 (Ref:3467793)   #47
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uh, GTC in ELMS is far and away better than GTD, add a bit of weight to your GT3 and go racing vs *******ize it and change the wing, electronics changes, etc. They're really nothing alike....
Old 24 Oct 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3467801)   #48
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't get me wrong and I'm Not saying I don't like all these cars,but I don't think PWC is going to be all that stellar.i don't trust scca to handle this many cars and quality teams all at once,scca and PWC is has been more geared towards am and club racing.the grid is exploding with all these new cars and teams,but how about scca and the staff are they hiring race directors,tech inspectors,new rules or is it going to be a free for all.seriously they are going to be forced to split gt and gts,will indycar weekends even allow that?and seriously the standing starts need to go or it's going to be a distruction derby when the lights go out.

I want to see all these cars and great racing,but one hour is not enough when there's cautions.and erlier this year they were good at not calling them but as the year went on we saw 20-30 fcy which ruined several races.add more cars,more am drivers and more aggressive pro drivers for 2015 and I forsee 20-30 minute gt3 perades.not that I don't like gt3 but I want to see full on racing.1:30-2 hour races are considered sprint races,1 hour. Heck that's just warm up.then with this many teams and manufactures getting involved don't think PWC won't change bop in Cadillacs favor when it feels like it.

I really hope PWC and scca can pull off 2015, might have to be the first race series to implement code 60 in the US,that would be cool but I HIGHLY doubt that will ever happen.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 03:57 (Ref:3467810)   #49
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Don't get me wrong and I'm Not saying I don't like all these cars,but I don't think PWC is going to be all that stellar.i don't trust scca to handle this many cars and quality teams all at once,scca and PWC is has been more geared towards am and club racing.the grid is exploding with all these new cars and teams,but how about scca and the staff are they hiring race directors,tech inspectors,new rules or is it going to be a free for all.
They actually have a race director, Geoff Carter. Seems to be well-respected, and he's done a pretty good job since I've been watching, as best as I can recall.

Quote:
seriously they are going to be forced to split gt and gts,will indycar weekends even allow that?and seriously the standing starts need to go or it's going to be a distruction derby when the lights go out.
They are actually planning on splitting GT and GTS already:

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...dule-revealed/

Quote:
I want to see all these cars and great racing,but one hour is not enough when there's cautions.and erlier this year they were good at not calling them but as the year went on we saw 20-30 fcy which ruined several races.add more cars,more am drivers and more aggressive pro drivers for 2015 and I forsee 20-30 minute gt3 perades.not that I don't like gt3 but I want to see full on racing.1:30-2 hour races are considered sprint races,1 hour. Heck that's just warm up.then with this many teams and manufactures getting involved don't think PWC won't change bop in Cadillacs favor when it feels like it.
I'd like to see longer races, but the twin one-hour race format is actually okay, IMO. With GT and the new GT cup class running separate from GTS, should be a bit less speed difference; hopefully that will lead to less cautions. Actually, I thought PWC did a pretty good job with cautions this year. They kept them fairly short, and didn't seem to just throw them around that much, I thought. Plus, they have a traveling safety team. Keep them safe!

As for the BoP, weren't the Cadillacs actually still slower than the other cars, post BoP changes? They sure seemed it.

To me, World Challenge is pretty cool right now, and looks like it's going to be better still in 2015. Let's make sure their events are well-attended!

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 24 Oct 2014 at 04:06.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 04:44 (Ref:3467816)   #50
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
To me, World Challenge is pretty cool right now, and looks like it's going to be better still in 2015. Let's make sure their events are well-attended!
I agree,just right now I feel that they may be getting a little ahead of them selfs.i do hope it works out for a great season.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3467862)   #51
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do we know yet which races will be endurance events?

PWC is something I'll be following with more interest next year, looks like this might be the place to be for North American GT3 racing at least until IMSA allows GT3's in. Good to see GT3 racing now also reach North America.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3467926)   #52
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
No endurance races, all 50 minutes as I understand.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 18:54 (Ref:3468024)   #53
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I'd like to see longer races, but the twin one-hour race format is actually okay, IMO.

With GT and the new GT cup class running separate from GTS, should be a bit less speed difference; hopefully that will lead to less cautions.
How about two 40-minute heat races with split grids (GT-GTS combined), and a 80-minute feature race (standalone GT and GTS)? That way, there would be just one winner per weekend.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 19:12 (Ref:3468033)   #54
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's our updated entry list tracker. Good job to GT3World with his as well! http://nasportscar.com/entry-list-so...-gtgt-a-class/
Old 25 Oct 2014, 03:11 (Ref:3468144)   #55
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
No endurance races, all 50 minutes as I understand.
Ooooh, unfortunately. But can hardly blame them for not changing a concept that seems to work. Thanks for the information!
Old 25 Oct 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3468304)   #56
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For PWC, finishing the race on one tank of fuel is pretty much essential to keeping the costs down--the costs associated with care and transport of fueling rigs and pit/safety crews would probably make the series unattractive for many drivers.

Standing starts, however ... way too many races started with twelve seconds of tire smoke and twelve minutes of caution. I think that is an area deserving further consideration.
Old 25 Oct 2014, 14:43 (Ref:3468321)   #57
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Agree with that, hopefully slightly smaller grids will help.
Old 25 Oct 2014, 20:52 (Ref:3468386)   #58
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Agree with that, hopefully slightly smaller grids will help.
Yeah "GTS" cars caused most of the FCY's last year. Perhaps as many as 75% of them?. And I wish I was a part of the roundtable discussion on the PWC that nasportscar.com sponsored the other night. I would have asked if the series organizers are considering ditching standing starts. I just don't think standing starts are suited for GT cars. They should left to the single seaters. I bet standing starts are more stressful on the cars too which could rise costs.

Mr. Kistler, can you ask the PWC brass this question about the standing starts t some point if you have not already?
Old 25 Oct 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3468449)   #59
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
St. Helena, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can add 8Star Motorsports as an additional entry with a Ferrari F458. No driver(s) named yet but this should be confirmed soon.
Old 26 Oct 2014, 00:53 (Ref:3468488)   #60
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Yeah "GTS" cars caused most of the FCY's last year. Perhaps as many as 75% of them?. And I wish I was a part of the roundtable discussion on the PWC that nasportscar.com sponsored the other night. I would have asked if the series organizers are considering ditching standing starts. I just don't think standing starts are suited for GT cars. They should left to the single seaters. I bet standing starts are more stressful on the cars too which could rise costs.

Mr. Kistler, can you ask the PWC brass this question about the standing starts t some point if you have not already?
I can check and see what they say..

As for standing starts, I love it..however, for GT3 cars it's hard b/c most (any?) don't have any sort of launch control from the factory, so it's been an issue this season.