Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 26 Jun 2017, 08:32 (Ref:3746894)   #1
wiktorso
Rookie

Poland
Poznan, Poland
wiktorso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking for a photocopy of John Wyer book

Hello,

I am looking for someone that could share a photocopy of John Wyers book: The Certain Sound Thirty Years of Motor Racing,
unfortunatelly the prices of used copies are beyond my reach. Of course the cost of making the copy and postage wuld be on my expense.
I am also looking for John Horsman Book: Racing in the Rain.

I would be more than grateful, for any help with this, it's really important to me.

Last edited by wiktorso; 26 Jun 2017 at 08:50.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 11:22 (Ref:3746929)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have 'The Certain Sound' but it's a big book and I don't know how I would go about photocopying it..... The book has sold recently on eBay for £85 and £90, which is a steal compared to some of the Buy it Now prices......
Old 26 Jun 2017, 11:33 (Ref:3746931)   #3
wiktorso
Rookie

Poland
Poznan, Poland
Hi ,

thank You for the response
I'm not sure how does it looks in Englad, maby somwhere around ther is a printpoint that offers copying. I understand that this is a bit of a problem.
What I would really need is Wyer comment on the ''70 and '71 season , or whatever related to the Gulf - Porsche affair. Maby it would be possible to scan or photograph only thees pages ?
Old 26 Jun 2017, 11:39 (Ref:3746933)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The problem with copying is going to be bending the book open to get the copy. My copy is in very good condition - I've had it many years and have read it only twice - it's hard going - if interesting!), and I'm not going to damage the spine by bending it open. I guess I might be able to take a few pictures, however we then run into the issue of copyright infringement.....
Old 26 Jun 2017, 11:48 (Ref:3746935)   #5
wiktorso
Rookie

Poland
Poznan, Poland
Yes, I understand.
Nevertheless if Yov/ve consider it possible, I would be very thankfull for any informations about the mentioned Gulf - Porsche Period. Especial I'm looking for informations about the beginning of the cooperation, and relations with the Porsche factory. You can contac via priv message or email. Once again thanks for interest