Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 30 Oct 2017, 11:14 (Ref:3777455)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Octane Magazine (UK) - Pat Doran RS200 Feature

Not sure if anyone is interested, but there is a feature on Pat Doran's rallycross RS200 in the November issue (#173) of Octane Magazine. Hal Ridge drives the car and, although I might be biased because of the subject material, I thought it was a good read.

The cover looks like this:

It's not a magazine that I read very frequently, but a mate of mine had a copy in the middle of a stack of papers and I happened to notice it said "Rallycross RS200" on the spine!
Old 30 Oct 2017, 14:56 (Ref:3777509)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Aye, think this was done months ago. They also put a few people in the C4 I think as I have seen the odd article

Problem with these mags, is they are very pricey!! A fiver or more and sadly rammed full of adverts.

But hopefully the piece is different, and the Triggers broom element of that car comes across!!
Old 30 Oct 2017, 16:21 (Ref:3777531)   #3
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Aye, think this was done months ago. They also put a few people in the C4 I think as I have seen the odd article
Ah yeah, there was a video (of an exceptionally unenthusiastic chap) driving the C4 doing the rounds a while ago.

Quote:
But hopefully the piece is different, and the Triggers broom element of that car comes across!!
The article doesn't delve too much into the history of the car: it's current specification is covered, but the main focus is how it is to drive. There are some pretty cool photos as well which I assume were done car-to-car.

Last time I saw this RS200 featured in a magazine was in 2003: I wonder how much of the car then is present now!
Old 30 Oct 2017, 16:34 (Ref:3777539)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Last time I saw this RS200 featured in a magazine was in 2003: I wonder how much of the car then is present now!
Not a huge amount I'd have thought - it's been bashed and barbecued since then! Probably just the tub and frame - bodywork on those things is pretty much a consumable part
Old 22 Nov 2017, 09:00 (Ref:3782152)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
In other RS200 news, Ken Block revealed his new daily driver this week. After posting a couple of teasers...

...the full car was revealed:

After seeing the top picture I was expecting something hideous, but I actually think that black colour scheme is pretty tasteful.

There is a short video of the RS200 trundling around which claims the car is #34. Be interesting if that is correct, as it was originally believed that Block had bought #80 from Norway.
Old 22 Nov 2017, 12:15 (Ref:3782173)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would think the black car is an old archive pic? He bought 2 RS200's and sold one back to the UK, the ex Trevor Hopkins car that is soon to be finished I gather.

The other ones look truly hideous, but it's Block, what would expect!
Old 22 Nov 2017, 12:48 (Ref:3782179)   #7
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
I would think the black car is an old archive pic? He bought 2 RS200's and sold one back to the UK, the ex Trevor Hopkins car that is soon to be finished I gather.

The other ones look truly hideous, but it's Block, what would expect!
All the pictures above are of the same car! The stripes are gloss, so it's reflecting the colours of the wall it was parked beside (thank god, because a graffiti covered RS200 would look pretty bloody hideous).

Yeah, I knew about the ex-Hopkins car, the Ford Performance video implies that there is a third car in the mix, but the description of the above car (2.4L engine and blue colour scheme) seems to confirm it is #80 from Norway.