Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 24 Sep 2003, 16:42 (Ref:728865)   #1
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Source of information

Topic 'Posting articles' in F1 forum, and Bononi's request for the source of information in thread 'watch out for Jordan' made me ask something.

I know why there are, and I fully agree with the rules about posting articles&pictures with copyright.

But what is the policy on this forum for 'inside information'? I mean, if 'somebody is close to somebody' and has 'inside information' would it be OK to post it on the forum? Of course,in that case, source could not be revealed.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 17:04 (Ref:728889)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Assuming what you are posting is not libelous then there's no need to reveal your secret source. If asked 'inside information' should be good enough, however don't be surprised if not everyone believes what you are saying.

The realy issue Adam and Bononi are trying to address is wholesale 'borrowing' copyrighted material from other sites.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 18:02 (Ref:728950)   #3
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand their point, I was just courious about the other - not that I have any 'inside info'.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 23:14 (Ref:730258)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes
The realy issue Adam and Bononi are trying to address is wholesale 'borrowing' copyrighted material from other sites.
Thanks redshoes.

This is exactly the problem we have. The main issue is people just lifting material from other sources. We do need to give credit to the original source otherwise it is just stealing.

There is a second side-effect, if you like. Obviously anyone can post any theories they have and open them up for discussion. However if you claim something to be fact then it is only natural that some proof is provided. Maybe you know something, but have no proof as such. If it is really outlandish then I suppose scorn will be poured in your direction, but you will be vindicated in the end.

Posting "I know Verstappen will drive for Ferrari next year" can be posted, but expect what is coming!
Posting "I know Verstappen will drive for Ferrari next year because insert theory" is better.
Posting "I know Verstappen will drive for Ferrari next year because decent website (or other media) say" is ideal.

All three are allowed, but there are differences. Only one can be claimed as fact (unless ITV-F1 have reported it ). What isn't good is copying and pasting an entire article without reference.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 07:54 (Ref:730498)   #5
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Thanks Adam,, that's the answer I was looking for.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 07:57 (Ref:730500)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No problems.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 14:34 (Ref:730839)   #7
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
I guess it turned around.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 14:59 (Ref:730870)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Posting "I know Verstappen will drive for Ferrari next year" can be posted, but expect what is coming!
Just to add to this. Stating such things as facts, but without providing any proof can leave you and ten-tenths on dodgy ground and could be libelous.

OK, perhaps, in the real world that is strong (especially with the example given ), but it is an issue. And I have to admit I didn't go to law school!

Last edited by Adam43; 26 Sep 2003 at 15:01.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 15:24 (Ref:730905)   #9
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Old 14 Nov 2003, 20:54 (Ref:783626)   #10
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He he I did.
You are always entitled to make a "fair comment" about someone, but its always open to interpretation on what is "fair". If you make a comment that basically makes an untrue statement that the 'reasonable man' would believe, trouble starts...
Old 16 Nov 2003, 20:07 (Ref:785173)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Verstapppen is driving for Ferrari? What happened to Michael or did I miss something?
Old 16 Nov 2003, 21:15 (Ref:785208)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
FACT: Micheal has joined McLaren.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 21:18 (Ref:785210)   #13
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... to partner Montoya. Kimi has gone to Williams to partner Webber, and Ralf has gone to Minardi.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 12:12 (Ref:785735)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ralf's seat at Minardi will be payed by TGF, who is linked to a buy out deal with Minardi team.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 12:30 (Ref:785757)   #15
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
in a bid to save cash PAUL STODDART will partner RALF at MINARDI next year!