Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Mar 2022, 19:38 (Ref:4102156)   #1026
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I'd say it's a total win for Haas, but I wonder about how sensible it is for the career of Kevin Magnussen. He was in a works effort, in a world championship with a real chance of winning races and possible even the championship. He was also in another seat with a team that knows how to win and he could definitely be in the fight in most races. Instead he goes back to a team owned by a backer who likes to spend less, and a team which even if they improved greatly probably wont challenge for wins, and absolutely not have a chance at a world championship.

All that to be racing in F1?

And get paid F1 rates. No one in sportscars outside of MAYBE Toyota's guys are getting paid anywhere near F1 pay, and supposedly he's getting PAID here. And yes, he is an F1 guy, the chance to drive in The Show (major league baseball expression) is what many guys live for. Yeah, IMSA is my local series and I go to Petit for the week and watch all the rounds but race at Monaco, Imola, Silverstone, etc vs IMSA? If you're an F1 guy it's fairly easy.

Oh, and it doesn't look like the car is as bad as it was. Or Mick and Nick aren't that quick. Yeah, he was on C4s and had the track to himself rubbered in but top of the chart for a Haas outside of being the first guy out when it starts to rain is nothing to sneeze at. And does ANYONE think Peugeot is gonna be a real threat to Toyota, Porsche, Glickenhaus, Cadillac and Acura(Honda)?? They've had plenty of time to get the car on track but they would rather have the PR and Twitter hits than cars on track
Old 11 Mar 2022, 20:11 (Ref:4102163)   #1027
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I definitely think Peugeot is a threat to Glickenhaus, Cadillac and Acura. Toyota is harder, but I think they will push them.

But, I think I have listened to the noises from Magnussen about wanting to race for wins again. Maybe Haas has improved massively but I would say Russel, Hamilton, Sainz, Leclerc, Verstappen, Alonso, Norris and Ricciardo are all better drivers than him and at least four of them are going to have a better car, maybe all.

But, maybe it is the money.
Old 12 Mar 2022, 01:05 (Ref:4102174)   #1028
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I'd say it's a total win for Haas, but I wonder about how sensible it is for the career of Kevin Magnussen. He was in a works effort, in a world championship with a real chance of winning races and possible even the championship. He was also in another seat with a team that knows how to win and he could definitely be in the fight in most races. Instead he goes back to a team owned by a backer who likes to spend less, and a team which even if they improved greatly probably wont challenge for wins, and absolutely not have a chance at a world championship.

All that to be racing in F1?
I doubt there would be many if any drivers in the world that would turn down a place on the F1 grid to race in another series.Regardless of how competitive the different drives are.After all impressing in a slower F1 car is the best way to get in a faster F1 car.Also as someone pointed out it is The Show where crowds are measured in hundreds of thousands compared to tens of thousands (if that) and tv audiences have the same multiples if not much bigger.
Old 12 Mar 2022, 04:06 (Ref:4102179)   #1029
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And there is nothing like driving an F1 car. That sensation must be beyond anything else. Must be a drug hard to give up.
Old 12 Mar 2022, 08:04 (Ref:4102186)   #1030
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
By returning to Haas, Kevin Magnussen has formed a driver pairing made up of sons of former F1 drivers for the second time. He and Jolyon Palmer were also the last such pairing in F1 in 2016, when they were at Renault. Before that, it was Kazuki Nakajima and Nico Rosberg at Williams from 2007 to 2009.

With Max Verstappen also in the field, I am wondering whether this is the first time three sons of former F1 drivers have competed in F1 at the same time.
Old 12 Mar 2022, 08:19 (Ref:4102189)   #1031
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
With Max Verstappen also in the field, I am wondering whether this is the first time three sons of former F1 drivers have competed in F1 at the same time.
2008:
Nelson Piquet Jr,
Nico Rosberg,
Kazuki Nakajima.
Old 12 Mar 2022, 08:58 (Ref:4102191)   #1032
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Of course. Thanks. I have let my level of geeky knowledge slip. This is the kind of thing I would have known years ago.

Last edited by Born Racer; 12 Mar 2022 at 11:31.
Old 12 Mar 2022, 12:35 (Ref:4102215)   #1033
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can’t forget the subs

2020:
Verstappen
Magnussen
Fittipaldi

2007:
Rosberg
Nakajima
Winklehock

2016:
Verstappen
Magnussen
Rosberg
Palmer

2015:
Rosberg
Magnussen
Verstappen

Last edited by chillibowl; 12 Mar 2022 at 12:43.
Old 12 Mar 2022, 12:52 (Ref:4102217)   #1034
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Can’t forget the subs

2020:
Verstappen
Magnussen
Fittipaldi
Fittipaldi isn't the son of an F1 driver, but the grandson (the first grandson of an F1 driver to compete in F1, I think?)
Old 12 Mar 2022, 13:01 (Ref:4102218)   #1035
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Of course. Thanks. I have let my level of geeky knowledge slip. This is the kind of thing I would have known years ago.
I was a bit surprised you missed that year - given that you mentioned 'Kazuki Nakajima and Nico Rosberg at Williams from 2007 to 2009' in your original post.

For reference, the following are the F1 sons I can recall (including first year of entry):
Tim Parnell - 1959
Theodore "Teddy" Pilette - 1974
David Brabham - 1990
Michael Andretti - 1993
Christian Fittipaldi - 1992
Damon Hill - 1992
Jacques Villeneuve - 1996
Nico Rosberg - 2006
Markus Winkelhock - 2007
Kazuki Nakajima - 2007
Nelson Piquet - 2008
Kevin Magnussen - 2014
Max Verstappen - 2015
Jolyon Palmer - 2016

Which also means that:
1993 saw Damon Hill, Michael Andretti and Christian Fittipaldi.
1994 had Damon Hill, David Brabham and Christian Fittipaldi.
2015 (race one) had Kevin Magnussen, Max Verstappen and Nico Rosberg.
and during the 2007 season (but not at the same time) Nico Rosberg, Kazuki Nakajima and Markus Winkelhock.

The record though is (I think) four sons of former F1 drivers in 2016. Kevin Magnussen, Jolyon Palmer, Nico Rosberg and Max Verstappen.
Old 12 Mar 2022, 13:03 (Ref:4102219)   #1036
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Fittipaldi isn't the son of an F1 driver, but the grandson (the first grandson of an F1 driver to compete in F1, I think?)
Yes indeed. My bad.
Old 13 Mar 2022, 19:12 (Ref:4102345)   #1037
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I was a bit surprised you missed that year - given that you mentioned 'Kazuki Nakajima and Nico Rosberg at Williams from 2007 to 2009' in your original post.

For reference, the following are the F1 sons I can recall (including first year of entry):
Tim Parnell - 1959
David Brabham - 1990
Michael Andretti - 1993
Damon Hill - 1992
Nico Rosberg - 2006
Markus Winkelhock - 2007
Kazuki Nakajima - 2007
Nelson Piquet - 2008
Kevin Magnussen - 2014
Max Verstappen - 2015
Jolyon Palmer - 2016

[/B]
Don't forget Gary Brabham also tried to pre-qualify the Life aa couple of times !!!
Old 13 Mar 2022, 21:05 (Ref:4102358)   #1038
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Seven of them are sons of F1 champions too.

Yes, I can count.
Old 13 Mar 2022, 21:10 (Ref:4102359)   #1039
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't forget Mick Schumacher.
Old 14 Mar 2022, 00:46 (Ref:4102378)   #1040
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Good point. Eight then.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 17:12 (Ref:4170966)   #1041
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Alfa Romeo MoneyGram Haas F1 team
Old 2 Aug 2023, 04:55 (Ref:4171009)   #1042
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
So for clarity on the Fittipaldi boys.
Pietro and Enzo are brothers, the sons of Emersons daughter, and grandsons of Emerson.
Christian is the son of Emersons brother Wilson, so Emersons nephew.
Old 2 Aug 2023, 06:00 (Ref:4171010)   #1043
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

Tim Parnell - 1959
David Brabham - 1990
Michael Andretti - 1993
Damon Hill - 1992
Nico Rosberg - 2006
Markus Winkelhock - 2007
Kazuki Nakajima - 2007
Nelson Piquet - 2008
Kevin Magnussen - 2014
Max Verstappen - 2015
Jolyon Palmer - 2016
Just for the record.....

The Stuck family would like a word

Hans Stuck (Snr ) started a handful of GP's in the early 1950's and of course Hans Joachim Stuck took part in 80 or so GPs in the second half of the 1970's.
Old 2 Aug 2023, 07:38 (Ref:4171021)   #1044
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tried to edit but not in time, so more specifically re H and HJ Stuck:

Hans Joachim Stuck had his first race in 1974, last one 1979. In between he drove for March, Brabham, Shadow and ATS

Hans Stuck had three race starts from 5 entries starting with Switzerland 1952. (He didnt start at Italy in 1951 because his BRM V16 engine failed prior. He DNQ'd with a Ferrari at Italy 1952, but had three starts with AFM, Switzerland 1952 plus Germany and Italy in 1953)

So to get it back to Haas, Mick Schumacher is the only 'son of an F1 driver' that ever drove for Haas.
Old 2 Aug 2023, 13:56 (Ref:4171058)   #1045
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Hang on - what about Magnussen?
Old 2 Aug 2023, 14:50 (Ref:4171071)   #1046
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Hang on - what about Magnussen?
Old 2 Aug 2023, 23:03 (Ref:4171105)   #1047
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Have reread your sentence three times and sorry am still lost. Can only see a Magnus Son pun that doesn't make sense.
Old 4 Aug 2023, 09:05 (Ref:4171288)   #1048
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So… what chance a Moneygram Haas Alfa Romeo on the grid in in 2024 & 2025?

Then Mr Steiner may be able to hire someone new to drive..
And hire someone to stop the chassis cooking any tyre set you like inside 5 laps..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Aug 2023, 12:52 (Ref:4171316)   #1049
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So… what chance a Moneygram Haas Alfa Romeo on the grid in in 2024 & 2025?

Then Mr Steiner may be able to hire someone new to drive..
And hire someone to stop the chassis cooking any tyre set you like inside 5 laps..
I don't think there's any hint it's gonna happen, Haas are happy as they are. Steiner will be looking for experienced hands, but without a top top driver, the car won't do much
Old 4 Aug 2023, 13:02 (Ref:4171318)   #1050
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem would like to see works teams from China and the USA in F1.

I know Andretti Autosport are knocking on the door but do China have anything resembling a works team?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...n-f1/10504087/