Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Jun 2008, 08:21 (Ref:2221077)   #26
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6
Hi Dave!

When not playing with racing cars I play both electric and acoustic guitar (not at the same time) and if anyone wants to jam in the paddock let me know.
My Monniker of TorqueWench is also accompanied by my real name(and position of Chairman!) -

I knew who you were all along Dave! However, our younger son has the nom de plume "Hutch" and plays a mean jazz bass. We'll bring him along to a circuit with the amp and you two can blow your minds!
Old 6 Jun 2008, 18:38 (Ref:2221465)   #27
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wayne Langridge..............Moosehead comes from an expression me and a mate used to use years ago, I then became known as Moosehead Motorsport (which I use as a basis for my very amatuar team name). Unfortunately a Snowmobile race shop in Canada beat me to getting the domain name. I also have a beer and an Australian clothing company named after me.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 6 Jun 2008, 20:44 (Ref:2221549)   #28
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueWench
My Monniker of TorqueWench is also accompanied by my real name(and position of Chairman!) -

I knew who you were all along Dave! However, our younger son has the nom de plume "Hutch" and plays a mean jazz bass. We'll bring him along to a circuit with the amp and you two can blow your minds!
Apologies for off topic but...

Sounds like a good plan - let's make sure it's a meeting where we are in garages. The only problem at the moment is I have a broken finger so bottleneck blues is about all I can manage!! I wonder what other "talent" we have in the CSCC paddock?
Old 6 Jun 2008, 20:46 (Ref:2221551)   #29
kelvyn
Rookie

England
Braintree, Essex
kelvyn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kelvyn Woodhead here
Old 6 Jun 2008, 21:23 (Ref:2221571)   #30
Luke stevens
Rookie

Luke stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
luke stevens

Luke Stevens TEAM LEOS MOTORSPORT
Old 7 Jun 2008, 06:57 (Ref:2221736)   #31
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Flower Power boys?A tad overdone and no advertising.This thread is for people who don't use their real names but in most cases use a cover so they can be smart ars.. then hide.Many have come out from undercover.
Before you reply this is not in all cases Zef!
After this week and the Snet Thread and now LMC we all know who Mr Stevens and his sidekick Kelvyn are.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 07:16 (Ref:2221749)   #32
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is Kelvyn Lukes personal manager?
Old 7 Jun 2008, 07:54 (Ref:2221764)   #33
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Would be but he has no budget
Old 7 Jun 2008, 07:58 (Ref:2221765)   #34
kelvyn
Rookie

England
Braintree, Essex
kelvyn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No im just a friend who enjoys there motor racing as much as you guys. Is nice to be part of a team and see what goes on though .
Old 7 Jun 2008, 08:30 (Ref:2221778)   #35
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
So is Kelvyn Lukes personal manager?
with networking skills that would put many top businessmen to shame and a local man I would have thought that you are the perfect man to find young Luke a budget...!
Old 7 Jun 2008, 09:28 (Ref:2221792)   #36
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very kind of you to say so Simon.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 21:19 (Ref:2222150)   #37
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hey Terrance will we see younext year on the apprentice
Old 7 Jun 2008, 21:22 (Ref:2222152)   #38
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Yes,but I'll be doing the firing.
Old 8 Jun 2008, 09:14 (Ref:2222357)   #39
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As my husband doesn't wish people to think he is Lynx I will own up - Jill Carter. Lynx was the name of our last FJ car and was at least short to type in. I always sign my name when sending a detailed PM. So........ Martin is "Not Guilty" of posting Lynx comments!
Old 8 Jun 2008, 17:00 (Ref:2222567)   #40
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Of corse we knew it was you Jill. Where have you been this year.?
Old 9 Jun 2008, 11:10 (Ref:2223573)   #41
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Delta - will be at Silverstone Classic, Goodwood F of S & Revival, Oldtimers plus a couple of Millers Rounds - hope to see you soon!
Old 9 Jun 2008, 18:22 (Ref:2223990)   #42
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6
Apologies for off topic but...

Sounds like a good plan - let's make sure it's a meeting where we are in garages. The only problem at the moment is I have a broken finger so bottleneck blues is about all I can manage!! I wonder what other "talent" we have in the CSCC paddock?
Go to myspace and search on ViaNova in the music section - they have a couple of tracks on there....groooovy!
Old 10 Jun 2008, 01:09 (Ref:2224325)   #43
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nick Bowen, marshal.
The handles comes from my very first day's marshalling. I went with a good friend to Rockingham. Neither of us had ever marshalled before. We were put on a post together, by ourselves. I'd read a little handbook, which gave me a little knowledge. We had no scanners and a dodgy radio. During a single seater race a driver came round slowly, with his hand in the air. With the little knowledge I thought I had, I immediately stuck out a white flag, and thought I was being a real pro. I soon found out that the race had finnished and it was the leader waving to everyone. My friend then said that I'll be known as the white flag man.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 03:51 (Ref:2224367)   #44
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, in that case I have nothing to hide, Mekola is my true first name spelt in Ukrainian.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 05:31 (Ref:2224384)   #45
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Great story White flag man.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 06:53 (Ref:2224428)   #46
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, sounds like you (and your friend) were well and truly thrown in at the deep end, Nick.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 10:52 (Ref:2224658)   #47
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not revealing my name to anyone!
Old 10 Jun 2008, 10:57 (Ref:2224661)   #48
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I'm not revealing my name to anyone!
Too late,we already know who you are Pellett.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 08:01 (Ref:2225479)   #49
cbRacer
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
cbRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
see signature!

Chris Burckhardt

It's not the winning that counts, it's the "over"-taking part that counts!
Old 11 Jun 2008, 20:57 (Ref:2226303)   #50
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was planning to use this monniker:
"thebelgianguythattravelsallthetimetotheukandback" but found it just a wee bit too long. Therefore I wanted to use my real name, but was afraid that it might be a bit difficult to pronounce in the UK. Hence Eddy V.

All in all it isn't even that difficult to pronounce. Vergeylen it is and pronounced as ver-gay-len.