3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Nov 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3168064)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Race : US GP

Rate the race !
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:14 (Ref:3168075)   #2
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it a 9. Would have been a ten but I'm saving that for Brazil!
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3168078)   #3
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
10. Flat out better than Abu Dhabi, because it was a *race*.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3168079)   #4
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
9 lost 1 mark for Webbers misfortune and Vettel's childish outburst.

Perry McCarthy
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3168084)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
A great race...10
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3168085)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
9. An absorbing contest.

Track was ok, definitely helped by lack of grip. Will that always be the case?
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3168092)   #7
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think we'd ALL be frustrated with the DRS in that situation! Also, I think Vettel was annoyed with the lapped car they caught there in the esses, which got Hamilton that close to him in the first place. It seems FAR more reasonable and understandable (also, heat of the moment sort of thing) than Lewis' repeated whinging AT the team over the radio, like in Korea.

I'm trying to settle on a 7 or an 8. It was a quite decent race, and it's a good track, for a "modern" track. It's not the most electrifying race I've ever seen, and this wasn't Spa, Monza, or Suzuka, or Algarve on a good day or Potrero de los Funes.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3168116)   #8
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best race since F1 left Europe.

I reserve judgement on how good the circuit is until next year when the tarmac has had time to settle in and Perelli bring 'suitable' tyres but it's looking like the best track by Tilke since Turkey.

Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3168117)   #9
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 from me - good racing up and down the field. Some very close passes with no-body overstepping the mark and causing accidents. A very good start for CotA.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3168124)   #10
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I gave it a 9. National pride-I liked that track. Webber conks out so you intently watch the other Red Bull, Ham catching and passing the Finger, and Alonso keeping himself in the game. All sorts of drama and all sorts of contests down the field.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3168132)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
9, looks a brilliant track, love to have a go!
Old 18 Nov 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3168149)   #12
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To get a perfect 10 four or five cars would have to stage a photo finish.
That was brilliant! Gave it a 9 and would have been 9.5 if available.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 22:50 (Ref:3168151)   #13
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Gave it a 9. Vettel has no right to complain about DRS. He was using lap traffic to open it up while in front of Hamilton, and Hamilton didn't use it in some of those instances. There was passing throughout the race. The Williams drivers were doing some good racing, and so was Button.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 23:45 (Ref:3168177)   #14
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
a 9 from me because the low grip track made for some good racing and I didn't have to get irritated by the finger.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3168180)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7. I'm not a fan of Tilkedromes but this produced a surprisingly good race, compared to S. Korea and Abu Dhabi.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 23:59 (Ref:3168188)   #16
Kaf1274
Rookie

Norway
Kaf1274 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Count me in as another not so fond of Tilke, but I enjoyed this race - it's nice to see some close racing at the sharp end

Not so sure about the podium cowboy hats though!
Old 19 Nov 2012, 00:09 (Ref:3168196)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaf1274 View Post
Not so sure about the podium cowboy hats though!
I thought it was an original touch, it is Texas.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 00:09 (Ref:3168197)   #18
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
8 for me. Great battle at the lead.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 00:19 (Ref:3168202)   #19
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very entertaining, good racing throughout the field. At least an 8.

So why don't they bring the 'wrong' tyres to every race? Drivers seemed more than capable of racing with a little less grip!
Old 19 Nov 2012, 00:20 (Ref:3168203)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
8 - A very nice track and a exciting race.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 00:20 (Ref:3168204)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPP View Post
Very entertaining, good racing throughout the field. At least an 8.

So why don't they bring the 'wrong' tyres to every race? Drivers seemed more than capable of racing with a little less grip!
Isn't that part of it, to bring the 'wrong' tyres?
Old 19 Nov 2012, 00:24 (Ref:3168207)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Note for the "cowboy" hats: Don't do it again.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 00:30 (Ref:3168208)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
OK, Football helmets next year.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 00:47 (Ref:3168219)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Agreed....
Old 19 Nov 2012, 00:58 (Ref:3168225)   #25
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I thought it was an original touch, it is Texas.
Exactly! I am surprised they didn't give them boots on the podium!