Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Jul 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3834681)   #276
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
AmD have axed Boardman.

I heard today that seat has been filled by a driver moving from another team.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3834682)   #277
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
I am thinking Jake Hill who doesnt seem as happy under the Team Hard banner this year
Old 4 Jul 2018, 19:17 (Ref:3834684)   #278
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
I am thinking Jake Hill who doesnt seem as happy under the Team Hard banner this year
Links up with HARD testing extra drivers next week, and TOC was specifically mentioned to be in "the #24 car".

Though is the MG really much of a step up?
Old 4 Jul 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3834687)   #279
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Possibly, possibly not. Jake has worked with Shaun before and maybe he was more comfortable at AmD than HARD?

Certainly for me the CC has been a disappointment after the superb performances that Jake and Mike Epps managed in the old Avensis.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 19:25 (Ref:3834689)   #280
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
If I were a betting man, that’s where my money would be! Though I’m not gambler.............
Old 4 Jul 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3834691)   #281
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Given the statement made by Tom I am very disappointed that he found out indirectly via social media.

Tom: chin up lad, you're certainly good enough to run competitively at this level.

I do hope for a swift return.
Agree; really doesn't make the team look very good and I would expect better from AmD.

He mentioned he was leading the Forever Forward standings too (and he's not even been the worst finisher in the team) so he's certainly got the ability - though personally I struggle to see him back in the BTCC.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3834698)   #282
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Links up with HARD testing extra drivers next week, and TOC was specifically mentioned to be in "the #24 car".

Car wise the MG and VW are pretty closely matched at the moment, tho it is possibly more the change of environment thats needed for him
Old 4 Jul 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3834700)   #283
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Seems quite a few drivers these days find out via social media that they have lost their drives.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3834706)   #284
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Seems quite a few drivers these days find out via social media that they have lost their drives.

Humans are social creatures, and we crave belonging. The rise of social media has created space where we can shyly, anonymously and protectively seek external approval for our goals, likes, deepest fears and desires.
However, this validation comes at a price! Our obsession with likes on social media is causing low self esteem, poor body image and negative mental health, racing drivers included.
Old 5 Jul 2018, 07:38 (Ref:3834756)   #285
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
However, this validation comes at a price! Our obsession with likes on social media is causing low self esteem, poor body image and negative mental health, racing drivers included.
Expect the likes of Vettel who has nothing to do with social media. Not sure there are that many racing drivers on social media who "crave" likes. A top level driver is rarely the needy, external validation personality type. Yes they generally need to feel wanted and appreciated by the team but that's a different thing to random people liking their instagram posts.
Old 5 Jul 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3834780)   #286
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post
Expect the likes of Vettel who has nothing to do with social media. Not sure there are that many racing drivers on social media who "crave" likes. A top level driver is rarely the needy, external validation personality type. Yes they generally need to feel wanted and appreciated by the team but that's a different thing to random people liking their instagram posts.
You've not seen Tom Coronel then.....
Old 5 Jul 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3834786)   #287
AmD Tuning
Rookie

AmD Tuning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
AmD have axed Boardman.

Given the statement made by Tom I am very disappointed that he found out indirectly via social media.

Tom: chin up lad, you're certainly good enough to run competitively at this level.

I do hope for a swift return.

It would be disappointing but as with lots of things on the internet its not true.

Phone call followed by an email the day before and then a final email in the morning.
Old 5 Jul 2018, 11:18 (Ref:3834791)   #288
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmD Tuning View Post
It would be disappointing but as with lots of things on the internet its not true.

Not trying to take any sides here - and I'm sure the truth lies somewhere between the driver's side of events and your own.

But isn't it a bit ironic to use the internet to claim that things on the internet are not true?

Old 5 Jul 2018, 11:22 (Ref:3834793)   #289
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
But isn't it a bit ironic to use the internet to claim that things on the internet are not true?

As Abe Lincoln is purported to have said, not everything that you read on the web can be taken as gospel!
Old 5 Jul 2018, 14:14 (Ref:3834814)   #290
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
As Abe Lincoln is purported to have said, not everything that you read on the web can be taken as gospel!
Old 5 Jul 2018, 14:54 (Ref:3834820)   #291
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
You've not seen Tom Coronel then.....
He's not the needy, external validation kind of guy either though. Just somebody who knows how to manage his personal marketing, his online presence might be a bigger factor in him still racing than his performance on track.
Old 5 Jul 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3834833)   #292
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
He's not the needy, external validation kind of guy either though. Just somebody who knows how to manage his personal marketing, his online presence might be a bigger factor in him still racing than his performance on track.
If you don't get followed on social media by Tom and Tim Coronel then you're doing something wrong! They seem to follow and un-follow me on Twitter on a regular basis. I'm assuming they've got a bot trawling accounts looking for motorsport related content. But yes - he does put a lot of stuff out there and without it he may well not be racing.
Old 5 Jul 2018, 15:48 (Ref:3834834)   #293
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
One driver has already exited Team HARD, funny how that's not been in the PR spin from the Team
Old 5 Jul 2018, 17:06 (Ref:3834849)   #294
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
One driver has already exited Team HARD, funny how that's not been in the PR spin from the Team
Was he only supposed to blow the bloody doors off?
Old 5 Jul 2018, 17:11 (Ref:3834851)   #295
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Was he only supposed to blow the bloody doors off?
Or perhaps they were ensuring that not a lot of people know that
Old 5 Jul 2018, 17:27 (Ref:3834857)   #296
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So uncertain future for Team HARD now
Old 5 Jul 2018, 17:40 (Ref:3834859)   #297
Londoner
Racer

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
If you don't get followed on social media by Tom and Tim Coronel then you're doing something wrong! They seem to follow and un-follow me on Twitter on a regular basis. I'm assuming they've got a bot trawling accounts looking for motorsport related content. But yes - he does put a lot of stuff out there and without it he may well not be racing.
I got so fed up I've blocked both of them, and now I get to watch Motorsport Twitter whinging about the Coronels with a smug look on my face.
Old 5 Jul 2018, 18:25 (Ref:3834871)   #298
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So uncertain future for Team HARD now
It's a shame given the amount of work they've put in over the winter. They've shown flashes of speed (Bushell P5 at Brands and 2 cars in the top 10 at Oulton) but other than that have been nowhere. Maybe they've overworked themselves with 4 cars.

Certainly Tony's been very vocal on Twitter about boost so I guess that's where he feels the problem lies.

Hopefully they'll sort it out at the test, and, of the rumours are true, get an experienced driver (like TOC) to replace Hill.

Reckon we'll all be left guessing over the winter as to what the HARD cars will be next year! Personally I'm expecting a new build...
Old 5 Jul 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3834872)   #299
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ don't understand

doesn't HARD have same engine and boost as Tingram and PMR ? if so they are nowhere near close their level
Old 5 Jul 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3834873)   #300
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
any source on this or hearsay/guessing?