Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Mar 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4043140)   #1151
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thinking about it, I feel Bob should not play this quizz but join me instead of.
I sent no mail no PM to him, no trick. I explain.

Bob, without revealing the driver's name, do you remember the picture you sent me one day, may be four years ago? You told me you did not buy many during your career, right? Dont reveal the picture, dont name the driver on the picture here, just try to remember the track. And try to give a clue to our friends…
Dont say its weird or obscure, please!
Old 26 Mar 2021, 18:07 (Ref:4043149)   #1152
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
C'on Dave, you can make it I'm sure.
Old 26 Mar 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4043151)   #1153
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As he drove for Gordini I will have a guess, and it is a guess, at Roberto Mieres.
Old 26 Mar 2021, 18:49 (Ref:4043158)   #1154
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well done to bring back to light Bitibo, I totally forgot about him. Could have been him but is not the one we're looking for actually. Dont be disappointed, please go on.
Old 26 Mar 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4043161)   #1155
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The one we're looking for was said one of the best team mate you can dream of. Not selfish.
Old 27 Mar 2021, 09:08 (Ref:4043211)   #1156
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Luigi Musso?
Old 27 Mar 2021, 09:54 (Ref:4043216)   #1157
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Luigi Musso?
Musso, won the 1956 Argentine Grand Prix, sharing the winning car with Fangio.

No cigar RB.

Perdisa never won a Grand Prix, and raced at Le Mans, but did rush Fangio, and his wife to hospital after their car hit a tree/lamp post, so maybe that is where the driving faster than me comes in. Two out of three is not bad.

How about the Spanish nobleman? Worth taking a look at his career, perhaps.

Fangio hated the Mille Miglia, and would have be happy if someone was faster than him!

Mantovani?

Juan always admired Wimille.

Bucci, Landi, Galvez?

Not many of Fangio's team mates would have never driven at Le Mans.

Knowing GerryMo it will be an obscure answer, mostly beyond mere mortals.
Old 27 Mar 2021, 10:13 (Ref:4043222)   #1158
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Clemar Bucci did not do much, did he? just a few GP races and all ended in retirement do not know much else about him but I did see him a few years back at Donington Park for an F1 celebration meeting.
Old 27 Mar 2021, 11:58 (Ref:4043238)   #1159
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Knowing GerryMo it will be an obscure answer, mostly beyond mere mortals.
Not that obscure, Bob, because eventually you found the right answer! Mind you that another way to say "to do justice" can be translated in french "rendre ?* César, ce qui appartient ?* César".

Where did you find Cesar PERDISA, the correct answer, on any Le Mans entry list? The race in question was Rouen les Essarts '56, related by Denis Jenkinson in the link below and the picture you send me was from Behra, same place, driving at the exit of Nouveau Monde hairpin. https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...-prix-de-rouen

Right again, Perdisa rushed Fangio and his wife after a bad accident. So its either you love obscure questions or the question is not obscure!
Old 27 Mar 2021, 14:19 (Ref:4043276)   #1160
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mon Ami, Gerard, you said I was not to answer the quiz, but to give a few hints. I did.

I was always a fan of Cesare back in the fifties, a good driver, and nice bloke.
Old 27 Mar 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4043278)   #1161
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Tout va bien, Ami Robert. Glad you were a fan of him. Very few have been faster than Behra at Rouen I think.

When you said Spanish nobleman did you mean Marquess of Portago aka Alfonso Cabeza de Vaca y Leighton? Hope the painter had enough place on the bonnet to paint his full name! He went sadly after a kiss…

Back to Cesare, why RB and EB did not find the answer? My bad?
Old 28 Mar 2021, 09:41 (Ref:4043374)   #1162
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
The last picture was Hans Stuck in the AFM at Silverstone in 1953.
Now something a little less testing for you. Who & what please?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sketch099.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	67798
Old 28 Mar 2021, 10:48 (Ref:4043383)   #1163
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hehehe the car that changed its name and with different bodywork became a future Le Mans car!.

Unless I am very mistaken....
Old 28 Mar 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4043388)   #1164
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Hehehe the car that changed its name and with different bodywork became a future Le Mans car!.

Unless I am very mistaken....
Spot on.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 13:02 (Ref:4043403)   #1165
bauble
Veteran

England
I have no idea who the driver is, or what the car is, but I reckon that it is RB waiting to get an autograph.

The chap with the camera around his neck could be Freddie Clifford.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4043407)   #1166
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
I have no idea who the driver is, or what the car is, but I reckon that it is RB waiting to get an autograph.

The chap with the camera around his neck could be Freddie Clifford.
I know you know the answers and no it is not me I would have been 1 when the picture was taken. Who is/was Freddie Clifford.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4043414)   #1167
bauble
Veteran

England
Freddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I know you know the answers and no it is not me I would have been 1 when the picture was taken. Who is/was Freddie Clifford.
I thought everyone had heard of Freddie Clifford.
Attached Thumbnails
austin-7-sch-davis-freddy-march.-wins-1930-brdc-500-miles-brooklands.-photo-23297-p.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 28 Mar 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4043415)   #1168
bauble
Veteran

England
Freddie

Well not everyone Geard, Le Mans 1937 car no 24 Singer 1,1 litre retired.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 17:55 (Ref:4043539)   #1169
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thank you. Where is car # 24 please?
Old 28 Mar 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4043551)   #1170
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Thank you. Where is car # 24 please?
You must tell RBS who was driving the car!!!
Old 28 Mar 2021, 18:44 (Ref:4043555)   #1171
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And now you want me to talk to someone who does not know who Is Freddie Clifford, aka Freddie Fastasa? NO WAY !!!!!
Old 29 Mar 2021, 15:23 (Ref:4043737)   #1172
bauble
Veteran

England
Gee! I guess you say it was the end of an era of rolling stones.
Old 29 Mar 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4043784)   #1173
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No, you cowboy, I mean Fast-ASA…
Old 29 Mar 2021, 21:10 (Ref:4043814)   #1174
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Gee! I guess you say it was the end of an era of rolling stones.
I gather what you did there mr bauble. Very clever. Nice clue to all the answers needed.
Old 30 Mar 2021, 06:47 (Ref:4043856)   #1175
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I gather what you did there mr bauble. Very clever. Nice clue to all the answers needed.
Sadly EB my genius went well over the head of the Parisian Trombone.