Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Sep 2009, 05:41 (Ref:2543219)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
'We're Not Bullies' - TC

Apparently...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Sep 2009, 05:49 (Ref:2543220)   #2
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is true, I know this first hand. About time it was out in the open.

He certainly is back-peddling
Old 18 Sep 2009, 05:49 (Ref:2543221)   #3
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So to feel the need to publicly defend one's self, one must be feeling guilty.

Or one may just be a media hoar, who likes the sound of one's own voice......
Old 18 Sep 2009, 05:53 (Ref:2543222)   #4
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No? TC? are you serious? - LOL

oh no, the devils number - LOL
<--------------------
Old 18 Sep 2009, 06:06 (Ref:2543223)   #5
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
“If Wanneroo gets upgraded, redeveloped or whatever, we use it for one weekend of the year; the other 51 weeks of the year it benefits Australian motorsport.

That has to be the most hypocritical thing that has come out of TC's mouth ever. Since when has he given a flying #$%^ about the rest of Australian motorsport!!!!!!!!!!!
He is the one pushing for a street race in WA that wont benifit anyone but himself.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 18 Sep 2009, 06:21 (Ref:2543225)   #6
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hypocrite, self-interested bully.All that and more.
FWIW I reckon these forums might be leading(reflecting) a lot of opinion about TC and his henchmen. He seems to be answering a lot of what is read here!
The guys at CAMS read what is here-that is for sure. Between those two groups there is a lot to answer for .
Apart from creating sterile "racing" in the V8 Supertaxis and their support categories -he is hell bent on creating race meetings with circuits that spectators can see the cars for 5 seconds a lap . Go once and don't go again- seems to be the result.
The permanent circuits where the exposure per lap is good for spectators offers a far better long term promotion of motor racing. Throw in some proper variety in support categories and it might get back to being exciting.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 07:06 (Ref:2543236)   #7
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"we're not bullies", no Tony and next thing you will be saying is you don't like money or your crowd figures are accurate
Old 18 Sep 2009, 07:22 (Ref:2543245)   #8
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TC's new coffe mug:
Old 18 Sep 2009, 07:58 (Ref:2543262)   #9
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No TC, you're not a bully, you're just a big scary kid who terrorises smaller people of their money.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2543272)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
TC's new coffe mug:
Where is the V8Supercar logo for licencing purposes
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Sep 2009, 08:32 (Ref:2543279)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i guess all you wise people are right, TC should just shut up and say nothing and not push for improvements. that will make you happy i guess as circuits go backwards

Now who is the Hypocrite.

I certainly know who has a better interest for Australian Motorsport and its not the sooky lalas who post on here
Old 18 Sep 2009, 08:34 (Ref:2543282)   #12
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had to check the dictionary

bully (n) someone who hurts or frightens someone who is smaller or less powerful than them, often forcing them to do something they do not want to do

“We clearly are the big boys of Australian motorsport and if you look at the job we have done throughout Australia we’ve got a number of significant upgrades at circuits,” he said.
OR
“We have engaged with both the Ipswich City Council and the Queensland Government with our concerns regarding fan facilities at that circuit and we are going to take this opportunity hopefully to get some meaningful discussions on that front.
OR
“When you’re on our calendar as provisional of course it means at any moment you can be culled or at any moment you can be confirmed.”
OR
“We are absolutely committed to a long-term arrangement in Perth, provided we have a venue that fits with the growth and current standards of our sport,” he said.
“This is the last year of our current deal in Perth.
OR
“One thing the ARDC are particularly good at is losing,” Cochrane said.
“They lost Bathurst, Amaroo Park, the A1GP and the V8 Supercars.”
OR
He warned that if Homebush was not a goer next year, the V8s will not make an appearance in Sydney because Oran Park was not viable.
“That leaves Eastern Creek and Eastern Creek is a disaster,” he said
OR
“If they don’t upgrade Barbagallo I think Perth will cease to exist in terms of the V8 Supercar Championship,” he said.

and by the way, ALL of these are from v8supercar.com.au

Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 18 Sep 2009, 08:44 (Ref:2543286)   #13
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
so are you suggesting that the WA and QLD governments are small and less powerful than V8SA.

interesting
Old 18 Sep 2009, 09:23 (Ref:2543301)   #14
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
i guess all you wise people are right, TC should just shut up and say nothing and not push for improvements. that will make you happy i guess as circuits go backwards

Now who is the Hypocrite.

I certainly know who has a better interest for Australian Motorsport and its not the sooky lalas who post on here
Tell me then how he is helping motorsport in NSW for the other 51 weeks in the year then.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 18 Sep 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2543306)   #15
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What a load of crap, TC & VE$A are bullying the councils, goverments and public to build there bank balances bigger.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 18 Sep 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2543356)   #16
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC
“If Wanneroo gets upgraded, redeveloped or whatever, we use it for one weekend of the year; the other 51 weeks of the year it benefits Australian motorsport.

“I would have thought that was providing a wonderful service to the motorsport community.”
So racing in the Middle East, Homebush, Adelaide, Surfers, Hamilton & Canberra has provided or will provide exactly what benefits for the other 51 weeks of the year to the local motorsport community??

Old 18 Sep 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2543377)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Tell me then how he is helping motorsport in NSW for the other 51 weeks in the year then.
so you dont appreciate the $25 million upgrade at mt panorama then?
Old 18 Sep 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2543378)   #18
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
So racing in the Middle East, Homebush, Adelaide, Surfers, Hamilton & Canberra has provided or will provide exactly what benefits for the other 51 weeks of the year to the local motorsport community??

dpesnt it promote the sport the a larger variety of people, meaning more people take up racing and also more sponsors come on board.

racing in the middle east helps to promote racing in the middle east wheer racing is a growing sport and needs help to buiold up a grass roots participation,
Old 18 Sep 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2543432)   #19
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
so you dont appreciate the $25 million upgrade at mt panorama then?
Please explain how that benefits Australian motor racing for the 50 weeks it sits idle. I reckon user pays would be a really good idea and as TC is the user he should fork out the money for the improvements. He is like a leach, sucks blood and gives nothing back. If he really was in it for the good of the sport he would be injecting money into lower categories to foster the growth and strength of this sport.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 14:54 (Ref:2543436)   #20
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if all teack promoters said no to him.....he cant land his planes if he's got no aircraft carriers
Old 18 Sep 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2543475)   #21
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
dpesnt it promote the sport the a larger variety of people, meaning more people take up racing and also more sponsors come on board.
Are the sponsors coming on board to Australian motorsport, or to V8Supercars? There is a difference

Quote:
racing in the middle east helps to promote racing in the middle east wheer racing is a growing sport and needs help to buiold up a grass roots participation,
It does nothing for Australian motorsport though, which is the whole point of Mr Cochrane's latest yarn.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2543553)   #22
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love street circuits but in Australia they tend to be too dependent on government support.

If I was TC I wouldn't torch bridges with permanent circuits in case the tide ever turns against some of his street based events.

I think one mistake TC makes that will cost him someday is rather than just going elsewhere he has to make derogatory statements about so many tracks and various individuals. He could be a lot more tactful with his comments.

Usually people don't respond to bullying and threats well.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 22:07 (Ref:2543645)   #23
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
It does nothing for Australian motorsport though, which is the whole point of Mr Cochrane's latest yarn.
There is nothing to stop someone from starting up a Group A or C style series outside of TC, to bring back the golden days of touring car racing? I'm sure Ten/One would be interested in broadcasting with so many hours to fill.
Old 19 Sep 2009, 00:21 (Ref:2543667)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Casper, Mt panaroma gets used more than two weekends a year. there are currently plans to extend the circuit so that is available for even more use. You can be sure that this will not happen without TC lobbying on its behalf.

BFC, there are no winners there, I'm not sure why you would even suggest that. The 60's are over, its time for tracks to invest in better facilities, that they have ignored for many years. It would seem that if TC doesn't complain and campaign to get the facilities then no one will, Motorsport fans are the losers. and yet so called Motorsport fans on here complain about him campaigning for those facilities

Racer, the sponsors come on board at different levels. yes the big value sponsors come on board at the v8 level, but the creation of wider appeal to motorsports means benefit to lower levels . The middle Eastern rounds have not come at the expense of a local track. they are new rounds are designed to benefit motorsport on an international basis, you should be proud that out local sport is helping to expand motorsport into previously motorsport devoid areas. this is good for motorsport as a whole

Mountain star, note this from the article "“We’ve been working with them, encouraging them, helping, assisting, you name it, for five years at least… to either upgrade Wanneroo or build a new permanent facility in Perth.”" thats hardly the voice of someone who is bullying and threatning. thats the sounds of frustrations because the WA government have sat on there hands for 5 years and ignored motorsport in WA. TC said we will come to WA for the enxt 5 years if you upgrade your facilities, so far no committment. It's not TC holding wa fans to ransom, it the WA government
Old 19 Sep 2009, 01:05 (Ref:2543670)   #25
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Motorsport fans are the losers.
Explain to me how motorsport fans are winners when TC is/ or has been threatening SE Qld, Sydney, WA with no event unless they meet his demands (not motorsport fans circuit expectations).

Giving governments, councils and race fans ultimatums is not the answer.