Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Sep 2022, 16:24 (Ref:4124480)   #201
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
This is probably the weekend I miss out of all the tracks I have raced at over the years. As for sub 3mins in a B, I have done it in the Anglia so why not ?
We miss you also Gordon. This thread many years ago was the one that got me into Tenths and I have made lots of good friends over the years.
Old 1 Sep 2022, 17:53 (Ref:4124490)   #202
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Getting close now so thought we should bump this thread up the chart.Busy weekend for me with Dr Bob in Gentleman drivers and of coarse Gilbert with MG David in 6 hour.After racing in the 3 hour earlier in the year i fear the 6 hour will have many many safety car periods. That pesky gravel sure will cause some problems.Wonder if we will get a sub 3 Minuit lap time in a MGB.. Just a wind up.
All the best Iain with Gilbert and MGDavid in the 6 hour. Also with Dr Bob in Gentleman Drivers.... please give Rob my best wishes. Ive not seen him since Phillip Island back in March before he joined you for his tour.

Most of all create more 'Happy Days' and great memories. Look forward to your updates and upside down piccies. Ill be following best I can from Down Under.
Cheers Chris.
Old 2 Sep 2022, 01:32 (Ref:4124516)   #203
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Yes best of luck to Delta and MGD. It's one heck of a challenge to do six hours in an elderly car. Looking forward to the tales of derring-do when you get back.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
It's a bigger challenge when you realise the car may be elderly but both drivers are a decade or more older than it
Old 2 Sep 2022, 02:17 (Ref:4124518)   #204
raspritz
Rookie

raspritz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a a newcomer here on 10 10ths, so I don't know the cast of characters. But I'll be racing the Formula Junior sprints at the Spa 6-Hour event in my 1959 Huffaker BMC mk1. Rich
[IMG]//https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10225689036066146&set=pcb.10225629416535695&__cft__[0]=AZU5C59Gx9EFQiP_GkcgOpZo6V6sXuElo8kE_XTGBzAQ_RB7ZmTvuFDsMjcoe6q5ehELNQvHzTx2DKptOSCkD5ewuzqCxiGAJCf pQMi7Gu_bnVuLAlMT_nvw4M0kZVHVtobAfYDAiJTqruYzpQHXx8M3RJFknKl2XrtGKdNfm5mNQA&__tn__=*bH-R[/IMG]
Old 2 Sep 2022, 02:22 (Ref:4124519)   #205
raspritz
Rookie

Hmm. I posted a reply here, and then it disappeared. Perhaps I am persona non grata? Anyway, I'll be racing the Formula Junior sprints at the Spa 6 Hour event in my 1959 Huffaker BMC mk1. I'm in the midst of a busy race season. First an RMVR race at High Plains Raceway (Colorado, USA) with my 1973 Merlyn mk24 FF; then in Europe the Cadwell Park Wald Cup, the Copenhagen Historic GP, the Nurburgring AvD Oldtimer GP, and Spa, all with my BMC; and finally back in the USA going to the brand-new (and remarkable!) Ozarks International Raceway (Missouri, USA) with my 1967 Porsche 911. Not to mention an SCCA race at which my Merlyn was not allowed because of lack of a front rollbar and an RMVR race that was cancelled due to insufficient registrants. Cheers, Rich

Last edited by raspritz; 2 Sep 2022 at 02:31.
Old 2 Sep 2022, 05:32 (Ref:4124528)   #206
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by raspritz View Post
Hmm. I posted a reply here, and then it disappeared. Perhaps I am persona non grata? Anyway, I'll be racing the Formula Junior sprints at the Spa 6 Hour event in my 1959 Huffaker BMC mk1. I'm in the midst of a busy race season. First an RMVR race at High Plains Raceway (Colorado, USA) with my 1973 Merlyn mk24 FF; then in Europe the Cadwell Park Wald Cup, the Copenhagen Historic GP, the Nurburgring AvD Oldtimer GP, and Spa, all with my BMC; and finally back in the USA going to the brand-new (and remarkable!) Ozarks International Raceway (Missouri, USA) with my 1967 Porsche 911. Not to mention an SCCA race at which my Merlyn was not allowed because of lack of a front rollbar and an RMVR race that was cancelled due to insufficient registrants. Cheers, Rich
Welcome! That's an impressive itinerary - keep us informed.

It's unlikely now that I will be able to come to Spa but if I do I will come & find you.
Old 2 Sep 2022, 05:35 (Ref:4124529)   #207
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
It's a bigger challenge when you realise the car may be elderly but both drivers are a decade or more older than it
I was trying to be polite and not mention that...

Old 2 Sep 2022, 08:54 (Ref:4124540)   #208
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
It's one heck of a challenge to do six hours in an elderly car.

The GT40s seem to manage it.
Old 2 Sep 2022, 09:40 (Ref:4124546)   #209
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
The GT40s seem to manage it.

Ah, but that's possibly because they were only created for this season!
Old 4 Sep 2022, 09:23 (Ref:4124768)   #210
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Engine finished.
Name:  Gilbert race engine Spa 2022.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  46.3 KB

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 4 Sep 2022 at 13:21.
Old 4 Sep 2022, 11:26 (Ref:4124774)   #211
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done. Do you want me to rotate the pic?
Old 5 Sep 2022, 15:04 (Ref:4125000)   #212
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Should be good for 2:42.
Has it been done before by any B? I remember 3'12 was fast.
Best luck to all entrants, have fun.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 15:27 (Ref:4125005)   #213
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Has it been done before by any B? I remember 3'12 was fast.
Best luck to all entrants, have fun.
Doubtful. That figure is an old Historic Forum joke. indeed the Cottinghams run at around 3:12 and I think Iain and Brian have hit that time in the 3 hrs.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 17:43 (Ref:4125034)   #214
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Doubtful. That figure is an old Historic Forum joke. indeed the Cottinghams run at around 3:12 and I think Iain and Brian have hit that time in the 3 hrs.
Do not think we got down to a 12 Peter this year. Pretty sure we were just doing 17's and 18's..Some one with more time can have a look at roadbook.
Old 5 Sep 2022, 17:45 (Ref:4125035)   #215
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just looked 3.13.9
Old 5 Sep 2022, 17:57 (Ref:4125036)   #216
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Just looked 3.13.9
OK nowhere near it!
Old 5 Sep 2022, 23:00 (Ref:4125052)   #217
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
OK nowhere near it!
Don't forget that if you go back a few years the track was 2-3 seconds faster before the removal of the bus stop. In 2006 I did a 2.54
Click image for larger version

Name:	spa2.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	76173

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 5 Sep 2022 at 23:07.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Sep 2022, 23:17 (Ref:4125053)   #218
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Engine finished.
Attachment 76159
I hope that's not an FIA engine, it's got "elastic" ignition !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Sep 2022, 15:57 (Ref:4126072)   #219
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems you have got no less than 19 GT40's to overtake this year, Delta!

Should be a doddle, especially as some may still be running-in...
Old 15 Sep 2022, 01:21 (Ref:4126096)   #220
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Seems you have got no less than 19 GT40's to overtake this year, Delta!

Should be a doddle, especially as some may still be running-in...
Not to mention the 19 others in our class, mostly Bs and 911s. The latter being pests as they get in the way in the twisty bits then they disappear. All part of the fun.
Old 15 Sep 2022, 06:21 (Ref:4126102)   #221
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
No worry about the 911s, David, if its raining most of them cant face your Bs in the wet. As you say part of the fun is to have a lot of cars to overtake.
Old 15 Sep 2022, 10:37 (Ref:4126112)   #222
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did some research a while ago on a local hero who was also a race driver .

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...-secret-agent/
Apparently he did the SPA 24 hr race in 1949 .
Drove the whole race himself and finished 4th .
Quite amazing really .
Old 15 Sep 2022, 16:49 (Ref:4126153)   #223
8en
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
8en should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First edition of the entry list is up.

http://six2022.mtsweb.be/Print.asp?t=1&idpl=1

Only 19 GT40s....
Old 18 Sep 2022, 02:34 (Ref:4126398)   #224
raspritz
Rookie

30 entries in Historic Formula Junior. Five in class B2. My car is fast, but I'm a rookie at Spa. I'll need to be on my game.
Old 18 Sep 2022, 18:34 (Ref:4126440)   #225
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8en View Post
First edition of the entry list is up.

http://six2022.mtsweb.be/Print.asp?t=1&idpl=1

Only 19 GT40s....
Half the grid are American V8's

So much for energy crisis. I remember when half the grid were saloon cars, nothing more than 1600cc