Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 15 Jun 2000, 14:00 (Ref:17443)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
With thanks to Carrie, Andy H, Schume and Ganda, we have just added two new circuit guides - one covering Goodwood, near Chichester in West Sussex, and the other covering Monza - home of the Tifosi and the Italian GP. See http://tentenths.com/circuitguides/ for the guides.

We hope you enjoy them, and that you find them useful in your travels to the track. If you have any comments or feedback, or wish to help us fill in the few blanks, please post a note in this topic.
[Edited by Craig Antill on 15th June 2000]
Old 16 Jun 2000, 07:07 (Ref:17532)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig,

For the Goodwood guide..

I have a list of hotels in the Chichester area, only addresses I'm afraid - but I guess anyone can do a search and find the telephone number over the internet.... So do you want me to send them on??

I can recommend two pubs in the area:

The Gribble, Oving, between Chichester and Bognor. Groups like the 750MC have their meetings there.. Fine selection of proper beers.

The Black Rabbit, Arundel. Lovely pub on the River Arun, good food (pricey though), but decent beer.

I have contacts down in Chichester, so I'll try to get taxi numbers etc...
Old 16 Jun 2000, 09:02 (Ref:17543)   #3
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan

"anyone can do a search and find the telephone number over the internet" - you'd be suprised!

Any info. you've got including hotels etc. please submit, it's better than no info!

While I'm here big personal thanks to Schume for helping out with the Monza guide and Carrie/Ganda for doing Goodwood.

We want to keep growing - not that there's much left to do in the UK (until Rockingham opens!). However we're still keen to expand our non-UK guides eg. OZ/US/Canada/Belgium GP's + CART + Anything else, is anyone interested in helping out?

If so plesae get in touch.

Cheers
Andy
Old 16 Jun 2000, 09:42 (Ref:17551)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that'll be Dave D then.
Old 16 Jun 2000, 16:42 (Ref:17610)   #5
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the additional info Dan. I'm actually aiming on updating the Goodwood guide a bit tonight, so it should look a bit more complete after that.
As Andy said, it'd be great if anyone wants to help out and create a guide for any of the foreign circuits The Monza guide looks great.
Old 16 Jun 2000, 19:55 (Ref:17634)   #6
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've just been adding a few more details to the Goodwood guide. What would be really appreciated is if anyone has anything to add about the Festival, especially what the grandstands are like. The last time I was there was 1996 and so I hope that my information isn't too out of date.
Old 18 Jun 2000, 10:58 (Ref:17763)   #7
ganda123
Racer

ganda123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carrie, I was at Goodwood yesterday (Sat) for the morning and all the grandstands are nearly up. There are 4 big ones if you've paid for them, but also there are some raised viewing platforms for everyone at regular intervals going up. It is completely transformed, 2 weeks ago it was rolling parkland and a country mansion, now it is full of trade stands, F1 hospitality suites, grandstands, and a bridge over the hillclimb. Looking good