Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jan 2003, 19:14 (Ref:464678)   #1
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please read: Posting etiquette

We feel the need to remind everyone to stick to the subject of the thread when they post. Some off topic banter is OK, but constantly turning threads with other subjects entirely into a "Schumacher vs. ????" battle, or an Adelaide 94, Jerez 97 or Austria 02 discussion, is not on. Discuss these topics in the relevant threads. Posts made entirely for hijacking a thread may be removed by the moderators. You may also receive a warning if you repeatedly hijack threads.
Old 6 Jan 2003, 14:27 (Ref:465336)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Thanks R.

From the feedback from some members that have PM'd me I think we all need to work harder at this.

The forum is always going to have alot of threads regarding the pro's and con's of great drivers like Michael & Juan, but some here (including me) are getting tired of reading the same dribble from the same people repeating the same arguments ad nauseam.

I don't mind everyone expressing their thoughts, but I do think we should keep them in the appopriate threads.

The old argument is "if you don't want to read about, don't open the thread". Unfortunately you can open a thread about 'greatest comeback drive' or which team will move forward in 2003' and IT WILL STILL be about Michael and/or Juan.

Please have consideration for some members who don't have alot of time on their hands. They only have a few minutes every couple of days and don't have time to sift through every thread and don't want to read about an ongoing denate that has spilled from thread to thread.

I'm sure we have all be reading a fantastic thread, come back the next day to find it hi-jacked and it you off.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

Wrex
Old 8 Jan 2003, 23:49 (Ref:468027)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As had been pointed out by Wrex and R, the aim is not to reduce discussion, but to promote it. When every thread is hijacked it definitely reduces it to only one or two topics.

Every topic (related to F1) is still up for discussion and, I suppose, the standard arguments are the back bone of the F1 forum to a certain extent. But we would just want to stop the other discussions being spoilt.

I would also like to say thanks for the encouragement and kind words that us mods have received in response to some annoyance towards these guidelines that has been posted recently.