Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 29 Aug 2021, 02:49 (Ref:4070845)   #271
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd be very surprised if we make it to the end without another yellow.

Also, making this the last race before the playoffs is probably the reason we haven't seen as much single file coasting as usual. Pretty happy with the race so far.

Edit - Had a feeling Blaney would win. Had one of the strongest cars left and lots of experience.

Last edited by rustyfan; 29 Aug 2021 at 02:55.
Old 29 Aug 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4070998)   #272
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, Nascar at Daytona, it can only end one way

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/14...t-lap-crash%2F
Old 5 Sep 2021, 22:12 (Ref:4072208)   #273
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm still a huge fan of Darlington so I'm gonna watch a little this evening. Southern 500 on the correct weekend again and I like driving into the dark.

Hope it's a decent show! Bout to start some coals and consume a cigar and cold snacks.
Old 6 Sep 2021, 00:05 (Ref:4072220)   #274
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What's NASCAR gonna do when Larson swamps everyone in the playoffs?
Old 6 Sep 2021, 12:35 (Ref:4072327)   #275
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
What's NASCAR gonna do when Larson swamps everyone in the playoffs?
Give Joey Slogano a bonus "bump" payment?
Old 8 Sep 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4072664)   #276
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great effort by Larson at the end, but Hamlin was just too much.

Turned out to be a half decent show, with Capt Snothead showing is a$$ after wrecking. Glad my 12 year old got to hear a petulant child cuss on live television, too. Maybe we can ask for some of that $50K he was fined...
Old 8 Sep 2021, 22:01 (Ref:4072684)   #277
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
You would assume Racer thinks he was just slightly mad and showing he's not an automaton. No, there's a difference between throwing your helmet at another car and speeding through pitlane and garage and generally being a Busch. It's not edgy, it's an act and we get it. ONE old school angry moment fist fight with any of the old drivers and he'd be crying in a heap
Old 15 Sep 2021, 01:47 (Ref:4073978)   #278
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
2022 news but what the f is this insanity?

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/14...al-coliseum%2F

Sorry, sir, I doubt the USC sweaters will be there
Old 15 Sep 2021, 14:09 (Ref:4074082)   #279
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!
!!!

Wow, now that's unexpected
Old 15 Sep 2021, 21:06 (Ref:4074133)   #280
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
No what's REALLY unexpected is the Bristol dirt race returns. It's scheduled for EASTER EFFIN SUNDAY evening.

No, that's not a big thing for me personally although any excuse to roast a nice bit of lamb is a delight. But NASCAR has traditionally had 2 weekends, with others as well, off each season, Easter Sunday and Mother's Day. Although I think here lately they had been running Saturday races Mother's Day weekend. I'm not surprised the dirt race returns, just the date.

The schedule

WWTR joins the Cup schedule for the first time, guessing they'll love the Indy and Cup races bringing people in for 2022.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 18:33 (Ref:4074256)   #281
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
The LA Coliseum could be insane given how little track there is. Might be like Martinsville on steroids! I can see some grumpy cussing wrecked drivers...

Wish they'd ditch Indy, but I'm pretty cool with the schedule. More short tracks would make me happy, but we've got more than recent years so not complaining too much!
Old 16 Sep 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4074266)   #282
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
2022 news but what the f is this insanity?

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/14...al-coliseum%2F

Sorry, sir, I doubt the USC sweaters will be there
While this and the sweaters are quite intriguing, why not try to get a race at The Rock or North Wilkesboro instead? Or has that ship sailed?
Old 16 Sep 2021, 21:34 (Ref:4074271)   #283
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
While this and the sweaters are quite intriguing, why not try to get a race at The Rock or North Wilkesboro instead? Or has that ship sailed?
I'm guessing the only off weekend coming in June signals their desire to leave all that behind. Guess they figure the rest of America cares more than old fans would if they brought either back
Old 27 Sep 2021, 06:07 (Ref:4075818)   #284
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guess I didn't miss much by not watching the race at Vegas. One comment on the YouTube highlights was impressed they managed to get even 10 mins or so together...

Next weekend though, it's back to Talladega. Can't wait, even though I know they'll run single file a lot and I know it'll be decided by a wreck on the last lap.
Old 28 Sep 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4076163)   #285
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Even KFB looked bored in the post-race just got out of the car interview. I'm sure their was a rant inside him, but boredom had struck so much he said some **** about having a good car and sponsor sponsor sponsors I'm off to mow the lawn for excitement. I think that was it, but my brain had tried to self terminate due to lack of stimulus...