Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Sep 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4075575)   #51
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
this is a radical theory, but Bottas gets a new PU because he needed one. How’s a good a time as any considering he didn’t manage to qualifying up front. Better than doing it when you’ve put it on pole.
Oh Adam, do stop bringing sanity into the conversation. It just doesn't work
Old 26 Sep 2021, 11:11 (Ref:4075581)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Oh Adam, do stop bringing sanity into the conversation. It just doesn't work
No, disgraceful approach..... Shouldn't be allowed anywhere near an internet discussion forum.....
Old 26 Sep 2021, 12:05 (Ref:4075600)   #53
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso lol!
Old 26 Sep 2021, 12:17 (Ref:4075603)   #54
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No one ever seems to defend?
Old 26 Sep 2021, 12:21 (Ref:4075604)   #55
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sainz doing a good job keeping Norris behind him though.

good battle.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 12:47 (Ref:4075609)   #56
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great pass on Sainz by Norris.

Red Bull and Mercedes seem all at sea strategically though. I'm very confused as to what they're up to!

Rooting for Norris though. He's having a great drive.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 13:23 (Ref:4075616)   #57
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
wow turning into a classic ending!
Old 26 Sep 2021, 13:26 (Ref:4075617)   #58
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
man they are gutsy to not pit for inters!
Old 26 Sep 2021, 13:27 (Ref:4075618)   #59
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Good lord. I can hardly breathe.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 13:31 (Ref:4075619)   #60
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Oh, Lando
Old 26 Sep 2021, 13:31 (Ref:4075620)   #61
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that was fun. Gutted for Norris.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 13:33 (Ref:4075621)   #62
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
a huge risk to take but my admiration for the kid has gone up tremendously.

small consolation though.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4075622)   #63
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
What a fabulous race.

I feel stupendously disappointed and sorry for Lando. What a way to lose your first win
Old 26 Sep 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4075635)   #64
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a race. Sorry for Lando. Think he would have pulled it out, but glad Max got P2.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 17:25 (Ref:4075689)   #65
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
merc won that race for lewis and mclaren lost it for lando with the tyre calls at the end. They should have forced lando to box

but max from last to 2nd in those conditions was a drive to remember
did i mention how f1 is just a big snore fest these days, so boring
Old 26 Sep 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4075704)   #66
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lando deserved that but it's a tough game, he really doesn't have a face for poker!
Old 26 Sep 2021, 18:26 (Ref:4075705)   #67
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I missed the race and just catching the end of highlights on C4.

Congrats to Lewis on his 100th GP win; amazing. Got to feel sorry for Nozza. It was a gamble and unfortunately it didn't come off bur we've seen what he is capable of this weekend. That first win can't be far off.

Verstappen's second place is impressive.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 26 Sep 2021 at 18:33.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 18:34 (Ref:4075709)   #68
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max and the team made the right call at the right time and grabbed second. It was good, but I’m not seeing it as great. Needed that to achieve anything of note.

Hamilton and also Bottas benefitted too. Credit to them too, but both, especially Bottas, needed it to achieve their result.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4075720)   #69
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Usually late rain brings about a mix up in the result, but this time the rain meant that we ended up with the same 1st 2 that we have done almost all season.

Norris drove so well, but of course with hindsight his team should have insisted that he pitted, but we could see what they were trying to do.

Great race.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 19:07 (Ref:4075722)   #70
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Max and the team made the right call at the right time and grabbed second. It was good, but I’m not seeing it as great. Needed that to achieve anything of note.
Agreed, Verstappen at one point was 3s behind Hamilton and then still had the hard compound advantage. To then finish 53s behind....

Verstappen still seams to miss the patience to sit tight even jf it's behind a slightly slower car, preserve your tyres and wait till you can convert your compound advantage to better tyres at the end of the race.

What's the use of sacrificing your compound advantage, then pit for new ones too early and then get stuck again and waisting a fresh set?
Old 26 Sep 2021, 19:16 (Ref:4075724)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely gutted for Lando. Heart allowed to rule head.... If McLaren had forced him in the same time as Lewis, who knows.....
Old 26 Sep 2021, 20:41 (Ref:4075743)   #72
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Absolutely gutted for Lando. Heart allowed to rule head.... If McLaren had forced him in the same time as Lewis, who knows.....
Probably Hamilton would have won and Norris would have taken second?
I think Hamilton/Mercedes just has more of an edge on Norris/McLaren in the wet.

But 2nd would have been Lando's given Max finished > 50s behind.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 21:35 (Ref:4075752)   #73
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
merc won that race for lewis and mclaren lost it for lando with the tyre calls at the end. They should have forced lando to box
Yes, I am so disappointed for Lando, but to be fair he did seem to have a big part in the decision to stay out. But every other aspect of his weekend was just brilliant so he has to have gone even higher in everyone's estimation.

Mention should also be made of George Russell's brilliant qualifying, which far exceeded his previous giant-killing performances. He was hanging on pretty well in the early laps too, but it all came unstitched when he pitted early.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 21:38 (Ref:4075754)   #74
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone know why C4 was broadcasting from Milton Keynes? Have they upset the Russkies and couldn't get visas?
Old 26 Sep 2021, 22:01 (Ref:4075761)   #75
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
There was something happening every lap of that race - wow, non-stop action and plenty of nail-biting too.

The final result really does show (again) that F1 is a team sport - using slicks on a damp track, Lando was able to edge away from Lewis and both wanted to stay out to settle it but good call by the Mercedes bunker. We also saw a number of slow pit stops (I honestly can't remember so many in one race for quite some time) which had big impacts, again showing the team aspect of the sport.

So disappointed for Lando - it was his weekend - qualified well, out in front during the race and when his chaser got close, banged in a fastest lap to make a point - had it all under control until the heavy rain shower out the back - no question in my mind that his time WILL come.