3 1 2.70%
2 1 2.70%
1 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Sep 2021, 14:51 (Ref:4073337)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Italian Grand Prix 2021

Your score?
Old 12 Sep 2021, 14:53 (Ref:4073340)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
9 years since Mclaren last won!
Old 12 Sep 2021, 14:54 (Ref:4073344)   #3
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entertaining, but in a "comedy central" way. I'd give it a four, five maybe.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 14:55 (Ref:4073345)   #4
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 12 Sep 2021, 14:57 (Ref:4073347)   #5
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A belter. 10.

Title rivalry, sausage kerbs, that crash, McLaren 1-2, Ricciardo's resurgence. Loved it.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4073383)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It had pretty much all one could want from an F1 race. A popular and deserved win, thrills and spills and controversy. It got a little processional, with a DRS train as they went down the main straight. 9.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 19:33 (Ref:4073421)   #7
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Superb. Good racing, a bit of controversy, and fantastic to see a McLaren 1 -2 after years of pain. 9
Old 12 Sep 2021, 20:18 (Ref:4073444)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8. Highlights as always for me, but very entertaining indeed.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 21:35 (Ref:4073471)   #9
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
9. I even thought about giving it 10, but I'm greedy and there's always the possibility of more.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 21:56 (Ref:4073479)   #10
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 12 Sep 2021, 22:41 (Ref:4073488)   #11
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
10 from me - that had everything. Love Monza to start with, and the Sprint Race structure gave us a more interesting grid for the GP, which Dani Ric was able to capitalise on - underdog wins with written off (by some) driver doing the winning, main rivals both have slow stops and then collide, one main rival team mate charges from the back to the podium - plenty going on. Can't fault it really.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 23:26 (Ref:4073499)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
10 from me - that had everything. Love Monza …
This track gets a few points from me as soon as I see it in practice or the beginning of coverage. It’s just great.

I ruined a pair of jeans taking this photo.
Attached Thumbnails
1C645146-3841-416F-8C4F-1AAF66AE312C.jpeg  
Old 13 Sep 2021, 00:59 (Ref:4073504)   #13
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
This track gets a few points from me as soon as I see it in practice or the beginning of coverage. It’s just great.

I ruined a pair of jeans taking this photo.
Ruined from the inside or the outside?

The Monza experience is genuinely special - it just has a special aura about it. Remember a couple of mates riding a couple of mopeds around the banking back in the day - only to discover that the mopeds didn't have enough speed to go up the banking all that far (safely anyway). The mopeds were off to the paint shop after that little experiment!
Old 13 Sep 2021, 01:08 (Ref:4073505)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Ruined from the inside or the outside?

Quote:
The Monza experience is genuinely special - it just has a special aura about it. Remember a couple of mates riding a couple of mopeds around the banking back in the day - only to discover that the mopeds didn't have enough speed to go up the banking all that far (safely anyway). The mopeds were off to the paint shop after that little experiment!

It’s very steep.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4073556)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
6. Not a thriller by any stretch, but some big drama and a nice feel good story of seeing Ricciardo and McLaren back on top
Old 13 Sep 2021, 08:22 (Ref:4073569)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
8 from me, enjoyed the racing and the fact that the two squabbling rivals managed to take each other out resulted in and very different podium
Old 13 Sep 2021, 08:30 (Ref:4073572)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

It’s very steep.
If you ever get the chance, go to Sitges (near Barcelona). That is verging on wall-of-death.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 13:23 (Ref:4073628)   #18
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a McLaren man, I can't say it was not one of the most rewarding races in... ten years or so?

But, actually it was not that much interesting things going on up and down the field. Still, it got an 8 from me.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4073661)   #19
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
9. What's not to love. Lewis and Max taking each other out and a Ricciardo lead McLaren 1-2. Made my weekend.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 01:40 (Ref:4073746)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
If you ever get the chance, go to Sitges (near Barcelona). That is verging on wall-of-death.
I’d like to give that a visit.

I’ve seen modern stuff get up on the banking. Looks fun

I’ve climbed Brooklands too. Had difficulty getting down from there too. Been to Brooklands a few times. One time was only a handful of days after I’d been to Monza. I’d done Monaco, Monza, Hockenheim and Nurburgring and Brooklands in a week. That was fun. Especially stood on the banking at Brooklands and telking everyone who wasn’t bored about Monza.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 04:45 (Ref:4073765)   #21
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 for me.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 13:35 (Ref:4073833)   #22
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Awesome race. Had me absolutely gripped. Watched it in the evening and took me a while to calm down and be ready for bed after that. I went with a 9 and not quite a 10, because Monza's chicanes are a bit too tight.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4073835)   #23
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
I’d like to give that a visit.

I’ve seen modern stuff get up on the banking. Looks fun

I’ve climbed Brooklands too. Had difficulty getting down from there too. Been to Brooklands a few times. One time was only a handful of days after I’d been to Monza. I’d done Monaco, Monza, Hockenheim and Nurburgring and Brooklands in a week. That was fun. Especially stood on the banking at Brooklands and telking everyone who wasn’t bored about Monza.
Watch out for the irate gypsy who claims it's his, though! At least when I was there.

Curious F1 fact - gypsies now live on at least two former Grand Prix tracks in Spain - if you walk the track of the third sector at Valencia, there are gypsies who have set up homes, including bits of advertising hoarding as part of the building, although they never seemed bothered about me walking the track.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4073889)   #24
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Although I felt a bit robbed of the ultimate fight by "the crash" it was still an "anything could happen" race to the end - very enjoyable, and emotionally rewarding to see McLaren take the victory. Gave it an 8.