Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 24 Mar 2017, 07:35 (Ref:3721075)   #551
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Well ... I don't recall Any car with a smaller engine, turbo or not, keeping up with the 917s .....
And I don't remember any cars with larger engines consistently beating 2.8-3.2 litre 935s or 962s...so what's your point?

Last edited by jimclark; 24 Mar 2017 at 07:48.

jimclark
Old 24 Mar 2017, 07:44 (Ref:3721077)   #552
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
AER P07 2.0L Turbo I4 won LMP2 class at Le Mans. It can be reliable, and an AER can be reliable - just not when it's run by Dyson or Speedsource.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 07:55 (Ref:3721078)   #553
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
AER P07 2.0L Turbo I4 won LMP2 class at Le Mans. It can be reliable, and an AER can be reliable - just not when it's run by Dyson or Speedsource.
Owwww...

jimclark
Old 24 Mar 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3721081)   #554
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Looking at ByKolles and Rebellion it does paint a somber picture about AER and reliability
Old 24 Mar 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3721125)   #555
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Surely you jest?! Where's "suck" come from?

'Nearly unbreakable.

Many, many, many wins, podiums and championships in IMSA RS, GTU, GTO, and GTP Lights.
(Ask Jim Downing, Roger Mandeville, or Jim Busby if they sucked and would rather not have employed them. )
Victories at Le Mans.
A world championship in C2.

Yeah, the rotary "sucked"......I guess.
*cough*

Not everything happened 40 years ago.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 14:41 (Ref:3721195)   #556
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
*cough*

Not everything happened 40 years ago.
Absolutely.

And your point is?

jimclark
Old 24 Mar 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3721200)   #557
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Surely you jest?! Where's "suck" come from?

'Nearly unbreakable.

Many, many, many wins, podiums and championships in IMSA RS, GTU, GTO, and GTP Lights.
(Ask Jim Downing, Roger Mandeville, or Jim Busby if they sucked and would rather not have employed them. )
Victories at Le Mans.
A world championship in C2.

Yeah, the rotary "sucked"......I guess.
Don't pull me into one of these now

I was referring to the ineptitude of speedsource and current Mazda and the most recent rotary we saw. Did not mean it as a shot against rotaries throughout history. But a rotary in the hands of current Mazda and speedsource is still, well, in the hands of speedsource and current Mazda.....

And downing in a Mazda kudzu were some of my first races attended as a kid. Loved it.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 23:22 (Ref:3721289)   #558
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Absolutely.

And your point is?
Totally lost on you, apparently.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 04:03 (Ref:3721319)   #559
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
Totally lost on you, apparently.
Aie-yi-yi. No. My post is lost on you.

(Psssttt....it's called humour. Notice the smiley?)

jimclark
Old 25 Mar 2017, 04:19 (Ref:3721321)   #560
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Don't pull me into one of these now
Aw c'mon. It's fun in here.

'Specially when they don't get it. (the fun, that is...)

I refuse to be all matter-of-fact and stuffy. Life's too short.

jimclark
Old 25 Mar 2017, 04:29 (Ref:3721325)   #561
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
If no one "gets it," your "jokes" aren't good.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 05:13 (Ref:3721333)   #562
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
If no one "gets it," your "jokes" aren't good.
Very good. Thank goodness not everyone doesn't.

Thus, I'm glad there are those that do.

jimclark
Old 25 Mar 2017, 05:16 (Ref:3721335)   #563
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Please stop this now. It's boring for Sportscar fans.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 15:23 (Ref:3721435)   #564
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Please stop this now. It's normal for Sportscar fans posting on this site.
Fixed that for you.

What kills me is the Mazda seemed almost to be getting on top of it by the last race of last year---what, three poles, and sooo close to a podium at Petit ... by Petit it seemed that just maybe the crew had figured out the car.

2017, new chassis, revised engine with less durability---sorry, I mean more power---and suddenly Mazda is an also-ran again.

I can tell you what happened---Mazda sent the team to Japan. When the team saw that Mazda fans are so incredibly dedicated---dare we say rabid--- the team realized they would be loved and supported whatever the results they posted.

Too much carrot.

Hey Mazda--- your American fans are not so patient nor forgiving.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 16:40 (Ref:3721443)   #565
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Fixed that for you.

What kills me is the Mazda seemed almost to be getting on top of it by the last race of last year---what, three poles, and sooo close to a podium at Petit ... by Petit it seemed that just maybe the crew had figured out the car.

2017, new chassis, revised engine with less durability---sorry, I mean more power---and suddenly Mazda is an also-ran again.

I can tell you what happened---Mazda sent the team to Japan. When the team saw that Mazda fans are so incredibly dedicated---dare we say rabid--- the team realized they would be loved and supported whatever the results they posted.

Too much carrot.

Hey Mazda--- your American fans are not so patient nor forgiving.
Do you think Mazda is better off in a class like GTD. Lexus, Acura, and Mercedes Seem to know better. I think to analyze them so far is like this: The Mercedes AMG GT3 is the total package and is the big swinger on the GT world stage right now. Lexus has had the speed, Acura has had reliability. Both are lacking in the other area respectively. .
Old 26 Mar 2017, 04:27 (Ref:3721527)   #566
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Do you think Mazda is better off in a class like GTD. Lexus, Acura, and Mercedes Seem to know better. I think to analyze them so far is like this: The Mercedes AMG GT3 is the total package and is the big swinger on the GT world stage right now. Lexus has had the speed, Acura has had reliability. Both are lacking in the other area respectively. .
Lexus and Acura is new ... Mercedes has a season with the car.

I think Mazda can have success in P ... as soon as someone figures out why they haven't so far.

SpeedSource was a good Grand-Am Rolex GT team, though .... and mazda did get some wins in the GTX class .....

I have no answers. I do know it is getting harder and harder to not make harsh jokes about them.