Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:42 (Ref:3856685)   #276
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz22 View Post
I guess the truth hurts...huh kid ?
No need to be rude or calling names. Let's just not go that route.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:43 (Ref:3856686)   #277
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
RedSquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was that nonsense at the restart? Loads of overlapping well before the green flag.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:43 (Ref:3856687)   #278
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How will Mazda choke this year?
Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:44 (Ref:3856688)   #279
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I guess the truth hurts...huh kid ?
My point was that the best way to change it would be to post something insightful yourself. There's an interesting race going on with a lot of very close battles in each class (obviously helped by the FCY at the minute) and penalties being handed out like candy.

As an aside, it seems that every forum has a resident douchebag or two, why is it that at least one of these will always call people 'kid'?
Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:44 (Ref:3856689)   #280
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Back to green. Lead pack has been shuffled around due to different pit strategies.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:45 (Ref:3856690)   #281
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
No need to be rude or calling names. Let's just not go that route.

Says the "polite" guy who just posted this to Clark....."Jeez man, get a life. Or go watch some replays of F1 parades".
Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:46 (Ref:3856691)   #282
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Did the 58 get a penalty for THAT?
Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:47 (Ref:3856692)   #283
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
both the front and rear bodywork on the #55 Mazda looks like it is wobbling loose - much more than the team car
Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:47 (Ref:3856693)   #284
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Says the "polite" guy who just posted this to Clark....."Jeez man, get a life. Or go watch some replays of F1 parades".
That was not directed at you I think? If you read the other guy's replies on the F1 forum then I think you'll understand.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:48 (Ref:3856694)   #285
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
58 got the race taken away for an incident that was 50-50 at best IMO, between 2 GTD cars.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:49 (Ref:3856695)   #286
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
both the front and rear bodywork on the #55 Mazda looks like it is wobbling loose - much more than the team car
And they have already changed the nose earlier because it seemed to be loose
Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:54 (Ref:3856697)   #287
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
If you want an argument about BoP
Not at'all, thank you. Just stating what it is. You're entitled to your opinion too.

Having driven in IMSA (Bishop's version) I know the difference between a show and a race.

jimclark
Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:57 (Ref:3856698)   #288
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Not at'all, thank you. Just stating what it is. You're entitled to your opinion too.
Then why bring it up?
No one has been talking about BOP until you did.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 23:57 (Ref:3856699)   #289
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
Those Daytona Prototypes truly were hideous.
Old 14 Oct 2018, 00:00 (Ref:3856700)   #290
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSquirrel View Post
Those Daytona Prototypes truly were hideous.
They sure were, although the latter generations were certainly getting prettier / less ugly.
Old 14 Oct 2018, 00:01 (Ref:3856701)   #291
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You're entitled to your opinion too.
Wow, so gracious of you....and don't pretend like you weren't trying to start the BoP argument, there was literally no reason to raise it.

This one's setting itself up for a nice grandstand finish but I get the feeling we've got another couple of twists and turns first. Would like to see Pipo take the win and would be interesting if the 3 Corvette can come back to win the championship...not going to bet on either of those things though!
Old 14 Oct 2018, 00:02 (Ref:3856702)   #292
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
How will Mazda choke this year?
Hey Mae. 'Long time...

'Gettin' myself in trouble with truth again.

jimclark
Old 14 Oct 2018, 00:02 (Ref:3856703)   #293
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Hey Mae. 'Long time...
'Gettin' myself in trouble with truth again.
Maybe you could just talk about the race, like the rest of us were doing?
Old 14 Oct 2018, 00:04 (Ref:3856704)   #294
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
How on Earth is the #58 only 7 seconds off the lead after that drive-through?
Old 14 Oct 2018, 00:06 (Ref:3856705)   #295
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSquirrel View Post
How on Earth is the #58 only 7 seconds off the lead after that drive-through?
He was a couple of seconds in front, and I think a drive-through takes about 30 seconds + he's a bit quicker every lap.
Old 14 Oct 2018, 00:11 (Ref:3856706)   #296
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
don't pretend like you weren't trying to start the BoP argument, there was literally no reason to raise it.
Apparently you don't know the difference. All I did was state a fact in response to your opinion. An intelligent conversation is not an "argument".

jimclark
Old 14 Oct 2018, 00:15 (Ref:3856707)   #297
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Briscoe seems to be struggling a bit. The 25 BMW got past, the 911 Porsche too (before it made a pitstop) and now he is under pressure from the #4 Corvette.

Ditto for Nasr. He was passed by Braun and has dropped 13 seconds in a few laps.
Old 14 Oct 2018, 00:16 (Ref:3856708)   #298
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Almost all racing seems to have been turned into "auto-competition entertainment product." It is what it is. I make the best of what is offered.

I knew what I was going to see when I turned this race on .... no excuses, no useful regrets.

I sort of regret that i cannot make it to hardly any racing any more ....

I think the original Can-Am was some of the best racing ever (not that I saw any of it at the time ... )... and the Camel GT/GTP was close ... but not sure any of it would have made good television.

Until racing is covered by 20 drones, four helicopters, two blimps, 30 track-side cameras, an in-car on every car ... a director who actually understands Anything about racing ... and is covered like soccer, with no commercials while the clock is running .... then racing is always going to be a product engineered to make a profit for broadcasters selling advertisement time. Which means instead of racing we will see commercials for racing ... produced live. The point of the program will be to get people to stay until the next commercial break.

On another hand though .... life is a one-way trip that get shorter constantly, and if I p1$$ in my corn flakes breakfast doesn't get any better.

Oi .... FCY for the Lexus now? No, we dodged that one.
Old 14 Oct 2018, 00:25 (Ref:3856709)   #299
Maelochs
Veteran

Mazda ... problem with the rear left wheel .... but it didn't slow them.

And then was that Spencer Pigot going off road?
Old 14 Oct 2018, 00:26 (Ref:3856710)   #300
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I think it was Jarvis, he's now just in front of Nasr.

Speaking of which, three places between him and Braun, one more in Braun's favour and the title goes CORE's way.

Edit - Now four places as the Mazdas shake themselves out. That would be enough, just.