Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 14 Jun 2003, 15:31 (Ref:631326)   #1
martinparsons
Racer

martinparsons should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Willhire 9 hour

Not far away now.
Me and Andrew will be there hopefully with Elton as last year.
So who else is going...........i'm asking everyone...pit crew, marshals, photo guys, especially pit floozies lol (remember andrews married i'm not).
Also whats this about it being a 200 min + 300 min race anyone ?

Awaiting reply.

MP
Old 14 Jun 2003, 21:04 (Ref:631563)   #2
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there - any idea of the race start/fin' times please? Have to work probably until 1.30pm so wont get there til' late.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 16:00 (Ref:632019)   #3
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it was a straight race all the way through you'd have to put the marshals on shifts, hence you'd need more of them.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 17:49 (Ref:632094)   #4
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry mate - I was going to attempt ETCC and Willhire but ETCC got my vote.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 20:36 (Ref:632267)   #5
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shall be there marshaling, have heard two different versions of why race split but which if any is correct not sure. Any idea of number and quality of entry? hope the whether matches the 24Hr weather we have just had
Old 15 Jun 2003, 20:39 (Ref:632278)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I heard this weekend that they were to split the race into two? WHY?! Think that just about confirmed my lack of interest... I like proper endurance racing but it just sounds ridiculous splitting it this way!
Old 15 Jun 2003, 21:16 (Ref:632313)   #7
james tucker
Racer

james tucker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dear craig...
the reason is simple a thing called a BLUE book and as a clerk you now know why there are two races... and as an endurance racer who managed to get 6 Britcar teams at midnight at the Ring to first in their classes I khow and am very disappointed, may be it is time for people to help the cause........
Old 15 Jun 2003, 21:25 (Ref:632323)   #8
snetmarshal
Racer

Well we managed to cope (still not sure how) this weekend with very limited numbers on the bank. enjoy yourself Mr Tucker? and do you know where you finished? I gather timing had a slight hiccup!! am looking forward to 9hr, think i could be busy on the blue flag for the races!
Old 15 Jun 2003, 21:30 (Ref:632334)   #9
james tucker
Racer

you will need 2 flags....
yes I did enjoy the spirit of the sport, it is alive and well... sleep well....
Old 15 Jun 2003, 21:34 (Ref:632339)   #10
james tucker
Racer

Any chance of seeing the entry list for the race? or anyone know the amount of cars entered and any of the more interesting ones? (Hoping Mr Tucker can say!)

snetmarshal [ ]
Rookie

User Online
9 Jun 2003 23:03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just now seen the race is split, 200 mins to start with then 300mins !! can anyone shed light on whats happening?

james tucker [ ]
Rookie

User Online
10 Jun 2003 16:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The final list for entries is being put together...
Dunlop/Willhire 500 is a way to help the cars with problems, rejoin the race.........looking forward to seeing you all at snett for the 24hr 2cv this weekend,and I will try to post the entry for the 500 on the office door...
sportingly
james

pauloak10 [ ]
Rookie

10 Jun 2003 22:35

Good luck with this weekend James. Keep the right way up ( in and out of the car !!)
Looking forward to the Willhire. Any Marshals interested please contact BRSCC East Anglia
Old 15 Jun 2003, 21:51 (Ref:632361)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Perhaps you can explain the content of the Blue Book in relation to this event? I don't have a copy to hand you see...
Old 15 Jun 2003, 21:55 (Ref:632362)   #12
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig, events over a certain time requires more than one shift of trackside personnel. So by beaking the race in two give marshals a standdown of X time therefore meeting Blue Book criteria, and the event can happen.
Old 15 Jun 2003, 22:20 (Ref:632382)   #13
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Blue Book says that if there is racing that lasts for more than six hours (can't find the exact wording and in the way of the MSA IIRC it's a bit woolly and open to interpretation) then there must be shifts of marshals and the organisers have to provide stand down facilities for the marshals.

I'd have to say that if the plan is to split the racing as a technicality just to avoid providing facilities/breaks for marshals I'd be against it, if there will be a significant break that allows for standown time etc. then perhaps it's OK.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 11:29 (Ref:632821)   #14
Steve Wood
Racer

Steve Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Tucker, sir, could you advise the length of the gap between the races, and will it mean we might see some dusk/night-time action ?
Old 16 Jun 2003, 11:44 (Ref:632845)   #15
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there marshaling, the first time I have been involved with the Willhire or anything longer than 4 hours so I'm looking forward to it. Hope it's dry but not too hot!!
Old 16 Jun 2003, 12:03 (Ref:632878)   #16
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve, I doubt you'll have night racing, but dusk racing is always fun
Old 16 Jun 2003, 16:47 (Ref:633182)   #17
martinparsons
Racer

martinparsons should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Claire
I will be there marshaling, the first time I have been involved with the Willhire or anything longer than 4 hours so I'm looking forward to it. Hope it's dry but not too hot!!

Claire

Remember to wave every lap to car 27 (silver Marcos), we may even remember to wave back once in 9 hours lol

MP

PS about 7 hours in, if it's hot, a nice lager and lime will go down a treat, i'm sure my team manager will not mind me stopping for 5 mins, after all its a long race.
Old 16 Jun 2003, 21:40 (Ref:633549)   #18
snetmarshal
Racer

Martin not sure what post I will be on, poss bombhole, anychance when you start the stints you could pick up some drinks from the bar and drop them off?
Old 16 Jun 2003, 22:15 (Ref:633593)   #19
jase
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by martinparsons
...PS about 7 hours in, if it's hot, a nice lager and lime will go down a treat, i'm sure my team manager will not mind me stopping for 5 mins, after all its a long race.
Typical of you cadging a free beer!!
Old 17 Jun 2003, 07:49 (Ref:633854)   #20
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin, I think I should be on the start line somewhere so I will rememeber to give you a wave, looking forward to it. After 7 hours I think we will all be requiring some sort of alcohol!!
Old 18 Jun 2003, 18:09 (Ref:635768)   #21
Steve Wood
Racer

Entry list now up on the EERC website. Obviously some teams still need to find extra drivers.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 08:48 (Ref:636358)   #22
Giles
Rookie

Giles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Not us though Steve, we have seven drivers for our two cars, so will definately be there....our problem is that whilst the Lotus is ready to roll, the Alfa is still in its post-Nurburgring 24H state, so a few all nighters coming up...
Old 19 Jun 2003, 19:42 (Ref:636925)   #23
Steve Wood
Racer

Nigel Greensall down as third driver in both the Beighton/Finnemore Mantis, and the Allen/Kempton M3. If the liberal EERC rules allow this, then Nigel (British racing's best kept secret) could be a considerable influence, since these are both potential winners.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 21:50 (Ref:638049)   #24
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Greensall actually raced the spare car a number of times alongside Kempton a few years ago so they know each other very well-watchout boys cos I think the Allen/Kempton/Greensall car could upset the applecart!
Old 24 Jun 2003, 12:30 (Ref:641406)   #25
Stinky
Rookie

Stinky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was going to go, I was down to drive Ben Salmon's Proton, but got booted out due to politics, I was then trying to sort out a deal to drive the same Fiesta that I drove last year, but decided not to go through with it as I am stil recovering from the 24hr - financially and physically, so

I'll be doing the 2CV "endurance" race at Lydden instead. This endurance race is another that's being split into two - it's going to be 2 30min races because the pitlane there is not big enough to cope with driver changes.

Anyway, to everyone involved in the Willhire - all the best to you and I hope you have as much fun as we did in the 2CV 24hr race last weekend.

Next year they're uprating the Willhire car classes to be over 2 litres, these will be well out of my financial league so I guess last year was my one and only chance to "do teh Willhire" and I am so pleased I did because it was a hoot.

:-)

Christine