Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Apr 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3053535)   #1
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's very quiet on here!

Given the season has now started and we have several events over Easter, the forum seems very quiet, just the usual banter between the regulars.
Given the large number of historic racers there are, I would have thought the forum would be much more active.
Is there another froum I don't know about!
Old 4 Apr 2012, 16:47 (Ref:3053541)   #2
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Given the season has now started and we have several events over Easter, the forum seems very quiet, just the usual banter between the regulars.
Given the large number of historic racers there are, I would have thought the forum would be much more active.
Maybe everybody has gone away for the Easter Holiday or to Nurburgring?
Old 4 Apr 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3053566)   #3
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or perhaps like me they are beavering away in the garage trying to ready the car for the season
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 4 Apr 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3053656)   #4
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Ah ha, have we been caught on! not everyone knows about the 'secret forum' it is only for the lads in 'the know'
Old 4 Apr 2012, 19:28 (Ref:3053664)   #5
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had three cars to get ready. The Elite is out at Donington on Sunday with FISCar - and is ready, the WSM and the Minx are due out at HRDC Castle Combe on Monday - the WSM is ready (it has to go via Donington for travel logistics) and the Minx will be ready by midday tomorrow.

The latter will be a voyage into the unknown as we haven't had any time for testing. I'll learn about the car during practice on Monday........

I suspect others have been quite busy over the past couple of weeks.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3053738)   #6
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Beavering in the garage is about right; the ZS180 is ready for Sunday at Donington with new engine, suspension changes, new exhaust system etc. Corner weights and alignment done by Absolute Alignment this evening (thanks Chris).

The 924 did 75 laps at Mallory this morning - our snow and hail setup is perfect! Can't understand why it was so quiet
Old 5 Apr 2012, 07:25 (Ref:3053893)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Two days working at Combe over the weekend, teaching young karters. Day off at Donington testing the 360 car on Monday, got in 50 or so laps with a couple of glitches, teaching the next generation of car racers at a sunny-but-cold Llandow yesterday for Racers Edge Junior Racing Academy. A day (mostly) in the office today before two days at Clay with Mini-M's TKM to make it four race circuits in a week

Fantastic! Plenty of 924 fettling going on as well. Just a couple of "small" jobs to do before the 360. Ahem!
Old 5 Apr 2012, 07:43 (Ref:3053903)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
teaching the next generation of car racers at a sunny-but-cold Llandow yesterday ...
Was anyone else we know there?
Old 5 Apr 2012, 08:07 (Ref:3053912)   #9
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
That would be telling! ....... as I expect you know! Let's just say it was very successful!
Old 5 Apr 2012, 09:09 (Ref:3053943)   #10
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Old 5 Apr 2012, 09:39 (Ref:3053953)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've been busy, but still offering up some irreverant prattle though . . . Brian will be pleased to know his pistons have been finished and despatched . . . thats the last of the ingredients made for the New Improved Minx recipe
Old 5 Apr 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3054004)   #12
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Brian will be pleased to know his pistons have been finished and despatched . . . thats the last of the ingredients made for the New Improved Minx recipe

So is there still a chance to get it ready for Monday at Castle Combe?

Old 5 Apr 2012, 11:29 (Ref:3054010)   #13
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Was anyone else we know there?
A few sheep and a mad Welshman or two, plus a couple of Masters-ful types come down from the East, just the sort of odd bods you expect to find in a God Foresaken corner of this green and pleasant land on a cold Wednesday in April. True racers one and all, to be out in that cold, and a credit to the sport
Old 5 Apr 2012, 15:43 (Ref:3054129)   #14
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
A few sheep and a mad Welshman or two, plus a couple of Masters-ful types come down from the East, just the sort of odd bods you expect to find in a God Foresaken corner of this green and pleasant land on a cold Wednesday in April. True racers one and all, to be out in that cold, and a credit to the sport
Vaguely continuing the theme - quite a few interesting looking devices at the Masters Test Day at Donington today. My visit was short - merely delivering something and a few moments for a quick look around. Seemed dull and chilly this morning but from early afternoon at least there has been some sun around, though not exactly warm.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3054143)   #15
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am in Monaco doing some reconnaissance for the Monaco Historique!
Old 5 Apr 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3054146)   #16
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
I am in Monaco doing some reconnaissance for the Monaco Historique!

and I will be at home doing some reconnaissance for the GP du Easter Egg in the gardens of Chateau Heimburg.

Rudolf
Old 5 Apr 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3054159)   #17
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was walking along the start/finish straight last night and someone stuck an umbrella into my back. Reminded me of the old Soviet era spy assassinations. Turned out it was Marcus Mussa also doing a recce. Or he was trying to bump off any competition.....
Old 5 Apr 2012, 19:37 (Ref:3054204)   #18
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quiet on here?

Its because last week every one was out looking for petrol,this week were trying to find water!!
Old 6 Apr 2012, 06:19 (Ref:3054344)   #19
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Quiet on here?

Its because last week every one was out looking for petrol,this week were trying to find water!!

Old 6 Apr 2012, 06:25 (Ref:3054346)   #20
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
So is there still a chance to get it ready for Monday at Castle Combe?
Unless UPS have recomissioned Concorde its unlikely
Old 6 Apr 2012, 06:48 (Ref:3054347)   #21
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Or Ford are announcing the new Cortina !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Apr 2012, 15:29 (Ref:3054495)   #22
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
I was walking along the start/finish straight last night and someone stuck an umbrella into my back. Reminded me of the old Soviet era spy assassinations. Turned out it was Marcus Mussa also doing a recce. Or he was trying to bump off any competition.....
No problem, you were going the wrong way anyhow.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 15:36 (Ref:3054501)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
No problem, you were going the wrong way anyhow.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 15:50 (Ref:3054513)   #24
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Or Ford are announcing the new Cortina !
Jaguar today announced the long awaited F-type and despite being a bank holiday they took the trouble to send me an email so I could be the first to know. After 15 mins spent buffering on our superfast-rural-broadband-one-and-a-bit-meg connection watching a sheet of red silk draped over something, a revving engine roared off and revealed....a pile of red silk on the floor.

Talk about a let down.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3054611)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Jaguar today announced the long awaited F-type and despite being a bank holiday they took the trouble to send me an email so I could be the first to know. After 15 mins spent buffering on our superfast-rural-broadband-one-and-a-bit-meg connection watching a sheet of red silk draped over something, a revving engine roared off and revealed....a pile of red silk on the floor.

Talk about a let down.
You can satisfy your craving here.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132670