Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Dec 2021, 07:57 (Ref:4087631)   #1876
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Reference 1875, the clue is in the question, and is not race numbers.
Old 8 Dec 2021, 09:02 (Ref:4087641)   #1877
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh Dear! This was meant to be an easy one, but RBS, our resident Quiz King, has come up with an answer wide of the mark.

Let me help;

The first car is an Austin 7 (No pedants, please)
Old 8 Dec 2021, 12:40 (Ref:4087681)   #1878
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I have emailed you with my reasons and a number. Not confident but you never know.
Old 8 Dec 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4087720)   #1879
bauble
Veteran

England
'Hard' is meant to mean easy, but I blundered it seems.

For help with pic 2 scroll back to Pictures Parade post 5013.

A number of responders are on the right line, however, some images can yield different numeric possibilities, so choosing the right interpretation is key. I have tried to keep it simple so that little knowledge of models, makes etc would not be a handicap, the Lotus has been discussed on the Picture Parade quite recently.
The first and last pictures really are obvious numbers wise.
Old 8 Dec 2021, 16:38 (Ref:4087747)   #1880
bauble
Veteran

England
Post 1860 Odd-one-out; The answer was Picture 4, and English ERA all of the others are Italian cars.

Post 1863 the cars are all Coopers each with Different engine;
Old 8 Dec 2021, 18:08 (Ref:4087760)   #1881
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Posted without comment

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 8 Dec 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4087767)   #1882
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Posted without comment

Some think Bauble would look good hanging from a Christmas tree.

I very much doubt that the term 'sucker' was used in the 17th century.

Last edited by bauble; 8 Dec 2021 at 18:44.
Old 8 Dec 2021, 19:15 (Ref:4087770)   #1883
bauble
Veteran

England
Now this really is easy, simply find a Porsche.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5078.JPG   IMG_6264.JPG   IMG_1699.JPG  

Old 8 Dec 2021, 23:16 (Ref:4087805)   #1884
bauble
Veteran

England
Midgetman, Alfaholic, Lancsbreaker all say they don't know about 50's card, fair enough, but when I stray into later years it can easily go wrong.

Post 1836. I thought that the second car was an F5000, based on previous postings on Picture Parade, however, people who probably know otherwise are saying it something completely different. All my workings were based on that, so I am officially declaring the darn thing null and void - scrapped, abandoned, dismissed.

I had Austin 7
F5000

anyone who had the same can declare themselves a winner.

Moving on; My latest creation is absurdly simple, as easy as A B C (there's a clue for a start) but two of our most esteemed colleagues, a right pair of know all's, are working on some labrinthine solutions involving suspension design, track side banners, quantum physics, and Old Moore's Almanac.

I despair!
Old 9 Dec 2021, 08:33 (Ref:4087860)   #1885
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Bauble, quizmaster extraordinaire and fount of all knowledge asked me to post the answer to the latest puzzle
ERA
RR
AC

= CARRERA
Old 9 Dec 2021, 09:31 (Ref:4087871)   #1886
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Mr Bauble, quizmaster extraordinaire and fount of all knowledge asked me to post the answer to the latest puzzle
ERA
RR
AC

= CARRERA
So, it's not a type 9 ERA, the first Rolls Royce and AC Ace depicting 911 then?
(There I was thinking I'd finally escaped from the Stupido Club )
Old 9 Dec 2021, 11:12 (Ref:4087899)   #1887
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
So, it's not a type 9 ERA, the first Rolls Royce and AC Ace depicting 911 then?
(There I was thinking I'd finally escaped from the Stupido Club )
First to cross the finishing line were, Rookie, Mike Powell, and Mike Crow, in a dead heat, completing the podium was Midgetman who just squeaked in before the time limit. Still struggling to reach the chequered flag are RBS and EB, several laps behind, while VivaGT gave up, and retired to the pits (where he rightfully belongs) The Pits.

Congratulations to our winners who beat the favourites hands down.

Note to RBS and EB. Don't you believe me when I say something is easy?

Cheers all,

Bauble.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 11:43 (Ref:4087907)   #1888
bauble
Veteran

England
Bored, locked down, at a loose end?
A way to pass the time is attempting to solve a complex puzzle,
So find me a make of car;
Attached Thumbnails
PP2.jpg   PP4.png   PP6.jpg  

PP5.jpg   PP3.jpg   Cherolet.jpg  

Old 9 Dec 2021, 16:25 (Ref:4087971)   #1889
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
ERA
RR
AC

= CARRERA
OK that is officially a very smart question, and yes I am guilty of looking for something sneaky technical and different. Which I found and thought I had cracked it. Clearly I was on the wrong track.

Stupido
Melbourne
Old 9 Dec 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4087979)   #1890
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
OK that is officially a very smart question, and yes I am guilty of looking for something sneaky technical and different. Which I found and thought I had cracked it. Clearly I was on the wrong track.

Stupido
Melbourne
Don't fret EB, there will be many more chances for you rise upwards in the Club Stupido hierarchy.

To be fair your answers while completely wrong were ingenious.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 17:11 (Ref:4087981)   #1891
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Don't fret EB, there will be many more chances for you rise upwards in the Club Stupido hierarchy.

To be fair your answers while completely wrong were ingenious.
Bloomin teachers pet!
I didn't get any praise for the ingenuity I used in my totally wrong answers
Old 9 Dec 2021, 18:04 (Ref:4087988)   #1892
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Bloomin teachers pet!
I didn't get any praise for the ingenuity I used in my totally wrong answers
When you crack the latest easy conundrum, Viv, I will ensure you full credit, and praise you to the pies.

Bauble, Quiz Master.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 21:38 (Ref:4088017)   #1893
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ERA
RR
AC

= CARRERA

Must be a CARRARE in that case.
Old 11 Dec 2021, 10:37 (Ref:4088280)   #1894
bauble
Veteran

England
Not even a miserable stab at the latest puzzle, is everyone too busy Christmas Shopping, or am I making monkeys out of you?

Same technique as previous teasers, not hard to work out, but it was quite hard putting it all together.
Old 11 Dec 2021, 12:41 (Ref:4088305)   #1895
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I've worked out what the ones I didn't know are.....but can't get any further than that.....back to the Times 2 crossword
Old 11 Dec 2021, 12:48 (Ref:4088308)   #1896
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the Chevvy is an Impala am I on the right track?
Old 11 Dec 2021, 13:04 (Ref:4088310)   #1897
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
If the Chevvy is an Impala am I on the right track?
Well spotted, i felt it added a little of spice to the equation, and the rest is easy.

We have an 'I' to work with, so s six letter car containing at least one 'I'. in the name.
Old 11 Dec 2021, 13:29 (Ref:4088315)   #1898
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Giraff

Old 11 Dec 2021, 13:30 (Ref:4088316)   #1899
midgetman
Veteran

As in "I'm having a"

Old 11 Dec 2021, 17:30 (Ref:4088339)   #1900
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can not make Lancia work!