Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Aug 2016, 13:13 (Ref:3666872)   #751
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
Some users already noticed that the Toyota onboard cameras keep failing. In this article Anthony Davidson says the driver can switch the WEC cameras off. Hmm...
That's very interesting.
In most championships there are stiff penalties for interfering with on board TV cameras.

...but I've just checked the WEC Sporting regulations, and the only reference to on-board TV cameras says it is part of the contract between the promoter and entrant.
Old 11 Sep 2016, 10:02 (Ref:3671677)   #752
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wasn't really sure where to put this but I remember John Hindhaugh saying during the final couple of hours of the race that was a documentary the BBC were shooting about Sir Chris Hoy's Le Mans exploits. It was scheduled for Sep 11th but I can't find it on my TV guide. Anyone know anything more?
Old 11 Sep 2016, 11:23 (Ref:3671678)   #753
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Wasn't really sure where to put this but I remember John Hindhaugh saying during the final couple of hours of the race that was a documentary the BBC were shooting about Sir Chris Hoy's Le Mans exploits. It was scheduled for Sep 11th but I can't find it on my TV guide. Anyone know anything more?
https://twitter.com/chrishoy/status/772863011023360000

Delayed, likely to be shown end of September/early October.
Old 13 Sep 2016, 17:13 (Ref:3672160)   #754
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks guys, I'm keen to see this too.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3672334)   #755
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
https://twitter.com/chrishoy/status/772863011023360000

Delayed, likely to be shown end of September/early October.
Thanks, good to know. Had entirely forgotten it anyway.
Old 30 Sep 2016, 11:26 (Ref:3676107)   #756
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any more news on this?
Old 4 Oct 2016, 10:22 (Ref:3677177)   #757
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Any more news on this?
Sunday 9 October, BBC2 9pm.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/1...ir-sunday.html
Old 4 Oct 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3677232)   #758
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Excellent - thanks very much Mike!
Old 4 Oct 2016, 16:17 (Ref:3677262)   #759
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
" The Le Mans footage also shows snippets from the camera in Radio Le Mans booth --"

They're TV stars now.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 16:28 (Ref:3677266)   #760
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We can only hope they don't let it go to their heads.......
Old 4 Oct 2016, 16:35 (Ref:3677270)   #761
Deleted
Veteran

They'll start dressing up in tuxedos every event. You never know when you might end up on network TV shot.
Old 4 Oct 2016, 16:47 (Ref:3677272)   #762
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I can only post this shot that I took at Le Mans this year of Paul Truswell's own restaurant in the Place de la Republique. Every table is reserved for him......
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2415.JPG  
Old 4 Oct 2016, 16:50 (Ref:3677273)   #763
Deleted
Veteran

Should've sued those people sitting on his chairs.

But a good one Ayse
Old 4 Oct 2016, 16:51 (Ref:3677274)   #764
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I did tell them all to move, or they'd be for it when he got there......

But then I realised he was already there.........
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2416.JPG  
Old 4 Oct 2016, 17:00 (Ref:3677278)   #765
Deleted
Veteran

I thought Paul lived inside the studio for the duration of the trip, and only saw sunshine when it was over?
Old 4 Oct 2016, 18:25 (Ref:3677304)   #766
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I will make sure I set it up to record. Must be the first bit of motorsport the BBC has had all year!
Old 4 Oct 2016, 20:30 (Ref:3677332)   #767
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I thought Paul lived inside the studio for the duration of the trip, and only saw sunshine when it was over?
Certainly true for whenever there are cars on the track, but he does venture out from the data centre occasionally......
Old 10 Oct 2016, 08:03 (Ref:3678857)   #768
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So what did everyone make of the Chris Hoy documentary? I enjoyed it. Pretty candid. As I might have expected, I found out things I wasn't aware of at the time. The timeshift approach was a bit off-putting at times, but I guess that served to hold the attention of the more... casual viewer. It seems that Sir Chris is intent upon returning in 2017.......
Old 10 Oct 2016, 08:43 (Ref:3678867)   #769
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
watched it this morning and it was very good, not sure they did the race itself justice as no mention of top class racing except the toyota mishap, and nothing on the vast scale of the race compared to other motor racing events. But that said there was a lot of new info in there on Chris Hoy's lead up in 2016 that i was not aware of and it was over to quick, a real sign that it was grabbing my attention
Old 10 Oct 2016, 11:33 (Ref:3678917)   #770
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really enjoyed it, warts and all! There didn't seem to be much attempt to smooth over Stewart Cox's rough edges...

And thinking about it afterwards, they finished 12th in class at the first attempt with two rookie drivers and only a single start for their third driver. Chris clearly wanted to be in a team with winning pedigree but that is a solid effort.
Old 10 Oct 2016, 12:30 (Ref:3678931)   #771
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I watched it last night and I enjoyed it. From the comments I have seen elsewhere this morning all the feedback is positive.

Hopefully we will see Sir Chris back in 2017.
Old 11 Oct 2016, 18:32 (Ref:3679365)   #772
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought he underestimated the challenge at first saying how he wants to win the class against teams like G Drive & Signitech etc (which we know was never gonna happen) but definitely began to realise how competitive it really was in the first few hours. Enjoyed it and always nice seeing Le Mans get some air time on terrestrial tv
Old 11 Oct 2016, 18:46 (Ref:3679369)   #773
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Thought he underestimated the challenge at first saying how he wants to win the class against teams like G Drive & Signitech etc (which we know was never gonna happen) but definitely began to realise how competitive it really was in the first few hours. Enjoyed it and always nice seeing Le Mans get some air time on terrestrial tv
I'm guessing that was his thought process at the beginning of the year, when he was supposed to race with Greaves and have Alex Brundle and another pro in the car with him. That would have likely been a class top-5 line-up.
Old 12 Oct 2016, 18:28 (Ref:3679598)   #774
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, he was clearly disappointed (a bit miffed even) at losing his drive with Greaves and Brundle and took the Algarve Pro offer without knowing anything about them but knowing they were complete Le Mans novices. He came over well though and particularly with a very strong drive to succeed (not surprisingly - it's in his DNA!). I remember listening to RLM talk about him and being very impressed with the times he was able to do in the car.
Old 12 Oct 2016, 19:08 (Ref:3679608)   #775
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I wasn't a fan of the split chronology (it doesn't sit well with me in a documentary about endurance racing), but otherwise it was a good if not revelation-filled watch. Obviously Chris Hoy's enthusiasm for Le Mans come across well, but so does everybody else's in the team, even when tempers are clearly frayed.

I think we all saw the "last lap drama" coming but I wonder if any non-fans who saw it thought the Algarve LMP2 was having problems instead of the #5 TS050.