Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 23 Feb 2009, 18:44 (Ref:2402611)   #1
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sign of the times

I see the North Humberside and Robin Hood Stages have been cancelled due to lack of entries.

Just makes you wonder what else will be lost.
Old 23 Feb 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2402701)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I think there's going to be a lot of events that suffer this fate this year.
Old 23 Feb 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2402717)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a really shame as they are both great event's. I was planning to head out on the Robin Hood as its nice way to start the year.

I think half the problem is that they been dropped by the major championships they where part of over the last few years in the case of the North Humberside the BTRDA and the British Historic Championship in the case of the Robin Hood.

I agree, I do thing these are going to be the first of a number of events that will be cancelled this year. Hopefully they will be back in 2010.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2403052)   #4
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has to be said, though, amongst all this doom and gloom that some events are holding up well. Historic road rallying seems in particular fine fettle with both the Saltire and the Tour of Cheshire oversubscribed and opening a waiting list. People are still looking for good value events but perhaps some stage events have got a bit too expensive? There is a lot of choice out there.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 12:30 (Ref:2403087)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Forest events seem to be suffering quite badly - I suspect that is directly related to the generally higher entry fees. Also there are a lot of events that are either on the same weekend or very close together - where two events clash it's looking like both are pulling in reduced entries but due to the conflicts neither can pull the numbers needed to make the event viable.

Maybe some rationalisation will take place and maybe some better co-ordination between organisers to ensure that events don't clash. Better to have one well supported event than two that get cancelled due to lack of entries.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 17:23 (Ref:2403282)   #6
mel tyres
Racer

Wales
gods country Wales
mel tyres should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry fee

Maybe we can entice them into rallycross, Good value at £150-00 entry fee and a very good days racing
Old 24 Feb 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2403491)   #7
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel tyres
Maybe we can entice them into rallycross, Good value at £150-00 entry fee and a very good days racing
Think a few of them are already planning a dabble - I hear the rally car class is looking pretty good for March 22nd
Old 25 Feb 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2404165)   #8
wills
Racer

wills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a big shame Robin Hood is cancelled. Was going to Marshal there this time round but I guess the entries are cut down this year. Last weekend at the Bill Cammack Rally there were still some great cars but the numbers were quite a way down from last year. Lets just hope that not many more rallies get cancelled.