Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 3 Nov 2003, 09:53 (Ref:771332)   #1
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rally live coverage!!!

http://www.wrc.com/en_GB/News/2003/0...FORRALLYGB.htm

Well, that really is a revolution, right?

BTW, does that Channel 4 have satellite feed, or does anybody know if any other satellite channel will cover this?
Old 3 Nov 2003, 18:02 (Ref:771834)   #2
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not only on Channel 4 - Eurosport has coverage on Sunday, too on 14:45 - 16:00 CET, LIVE.

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/...s6_Ven12.shtml

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 3 Nov 2003, 19:30 (Ref:771957)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Channel 4 schedule looks like this :- http://www.channel4.com/4car/motorsp...ontv/ontv.html
Old 9 Nov 2003, 14:30 (Ref:777893)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What did everyone think of the coverage I thought it was pretty poor to be honest, you couldn't hear the cars, couldn't hear the co-drivers reading the pace notes and where were the new features, because I didn't see them.......
Old 9 Nov 2003, 14:50 (Ref:777902)   #5
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A shambles - that will have put people off in their thousands.
Old 9 Nov 2003, 14:59 (Ref:777908)   #6
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought it was pretty useless really.....

I see Robbie was about as competitive on that quad as he was in a megane
Old 9 Nov 2003, 15:05 (Ref:777913)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They showed the cars on the stage. Shame about the sound, but not too bad. But all I want to do is see the action. Robbie's intro to the stage was good, but the camera shots covered him more than showing the corners. He was pretty good I thought.

It was a shame that Colin driving with a puncture was missed for so long, but my main complaints come from the none action parts.

Over the wekend there has been too much (pointless) talk and not enough footage. We should have had more coverage of the earlier stages today. Unfortunatly this is normal.

The last stage was good because we got to see some of those lower down the field. Shame we didn't have more.

I thought today's program was pretty good, overall.
Old 9 Nov 2003, 15:17 (Ref:777921)   #8
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A let down. Thank God for Ben Edwards and Petter's usual outburst at the end.

A man made jump of all things. Wow! Specially put in for telly. Wow! How embarrassing and shame on the people who thought it up. Let the sport entertain people for what it is.

As for the coverage, there needs to be much more thought-provoking footage. Not going on board with Latvala and seeing pure white through the windscreen because the camera settings are wrong.

At least it was on, but it was so dull to watch.
Old 9 Nov 2003, 18:32 (Ref:778054)   #9
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The in car sound was awful, the cameras were either badly positioned or the settings were wrong, the general production was poor.

We did not see any car go through the whole stage. what about picture in picture or a split screen?, not too hard.

The intro rather nicely glossed over the problem with the camera in Sainz's car that led to his retirement. A fire in the cockpit caused by a tv camera, is going to distract any driver slightly!!

Overall again another poor effort from CH4. KEEP IT UP.

With any luck a channel that actually gives a toss about motorsport might take over the rally coverage.

when did anyone last see 'F3 on 4' or 'GT on 4' at a decent time slot
Old 10 Nov 2003, 16:27 (Ref:778971)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I liked the live coverage on Eurosport, this time they showed real rally action, normally they show a lott interviews and repeats of the day before.

I hope next year we see more live coverage.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 16:37 (Ref:778982)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The coverage wasn't all that great was it? As mentioned above some of the onboard stuff was very poor. On the plus side at least they had the final stage live.

On the whole the channel 4 coverage has been pretty pathetic all year. Very disappointing.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 16:53 (Ref:778997)   #12
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why did they ditch any coverage at all of the first two stages on Day 3, in favour of a 90 minute "live" show that had maybe 20 minutes live coverage and an hour or more of dumbed down boring filling???

Surely, to get a feel for how the battle had developed, we should at least have had some coverage of stages 16 and 17???

Look, I know tv coverage of rallying is difficult and expensive (especially if you can't land helicopters properly ), but what we got yesterday was very poor. People who watched that out of interest or just by chance will be left wondering what the hell the fuss is about, why so many people go to watch it, why Channel 4 can't provide decent in car footage (or at least check their cams and signal coverage through the forests!), and who that over-excitable Norwegian was...

I'm not sure of the advantage of showing it live really - it's not easy cutting back and forth in real time when you have three or four cars on stage at once. I'd have rather had an hour long highlights show at a sensible time after it finished, giving good footage of the whole day and building up to the final stage. Like what we used to have!

Last edited by garcon; 10 Nov 2003 at 16:53.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 18:36 (Ref:779072)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I enjoyed the live stage. What would have been good would have been the remaining cars after the top few being shown live on E4 or something. Give us a chance to see the others. After all we hardly ever get to see them.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 22:27 (Ref:784608)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've just watched this today (I taped it last week as I went out to watch the Man Utd game) and I have to say it was the most botched up, pitiful, shameful, diabolical, cretinous piece of coverage I have seen in my entire life.

Adam, what were you watching?!?
Old 15 Nov 2003, 22:35 (Ref:784617)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've just watched this today (I taped it last week as I went out to watch the Man Utd game) and I have to say it was the most botched up, pitiful, shameful, diabolical, cretinous piece of coverage I have seen in my entire life.

Adam, what were you watching?!?
Old 16 Nov 2003, 17:10 (Ref:785073)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Did you watch it twice knowlesy?