Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 May 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3640397)   #1376
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The stock answer to everything
I know it's not all sunshine and roses in endurance racing (and in motorsport overall) nowadays, but it's not all darkness doom and gloom. The truth is in the middle. Let's focus on the positives while not forgetting the negatives (but not bringing them up at every single opportunity!)
Old 9 May 2016, 17:12 (Ref:3640399)   #1377
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I find that very hard indeed to believe......
I don't follow this sport for the drivers. I don't really care for them. Without cheating I could probably name only half of the drivers in LMP1 right now. Maybe less. In LMP2, maybe tenth of all.

Granted, that's just me and no-one else here (probably) so in no way should it be taken as the forums opinion. I admit at being weird at opinions, so peace
Old 9 May 2016, 18:31 (Ref:3640416)   #1378
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This may make me a complete clown here, but to prove my "ignorance " on drivers, here is my list of current LMP1 drivers if I we're forced to do a pop quiz test right now, without cheating. I swear by the old gods, and the new that I did not look elsewhere once for this, during this, or even after this. Make of it what you wish.

#1 Porsche
Mark Webber
Brendon Hartley
Marc Lieb

#2 Porsche
Romain Dumas
??? Literally blank space. Or is Lieb here ???
??? What? Who? Maybe they appear to my mind up later, I've seen the names and faces many times but have no recollection now when I pay no real attention to such ???

#5 Toyota
Anthony Davidson (or in the other car but same as Buemi?)
Sebastian Buemi (or in the other car, but same as Davidson?)
Mike Conway (or in the other car?)

#6 Toyota
Stephane Sarrazin (or in the other car?)
Kamui Kobayashi (or in the other car?)
Kazuki Nakajima (or in the other car?)

#7 Audi
Andre Lotterer
Benoit? Trelluyer
? Duvall

#8 Audi
? Fässler ?
??? German guy ???
??? Some Audi GT Champion ???

#12 Rebellion
Nick Heidfeld
Nicholas Prost
Nelson Piquet JR

#13 Rebellion
Dominic Kraihaimer
? Imperatori
??? Belicchi ???

#4 ByKolles
Simon Trummer
Oliver/Olivier? Webb
??? Tuscher ???

Last edited by Deleted; 9 May 2016 at 18:37.
Old 9 May 2016, 19:18 (Ref:3640440)   #1379
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Granted, that's just me and no-one else here (probably) so in no way should it be taken as the forums opinion. I admit at being weird at opinions, so peace
Fair enough, I can live with that.....

Although not knowing one of the most successful trios in the history of prototype racing ought to be reason for us to send you back to school!
Old 9 May 2016, 19:23 (Ref:3640442)   #1380
Deleted
Veteran

Well, when in 2055 the winning trio will consist of three AI cores, I'll promise to remember what their ID labels will be
Old 9 May 2016, 19:26 (Ref:3640448)   #1381
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm, by 2055 I'll likely be past caring........
Old 9 May 2016, 19:31 (Ref:3640450)   #1382
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm, by 2055 I'll likely be past caring........
Never give up, never surrender

Murray Walker still cares of F1 at 92. Christopher Lee was singing in a heavy metal band in his 90's
Old 9 May 2016, 19:34 (Ref:3640452)   #1383
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Maybe so, but I'll need the elixir of life to still be following sportscars in 2055.... You never know eh?
Old 9 May 2016, 19:52 (Ref:3640455)   #1384
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Maybe so, but I'll need the elixir of life to still be following sportscars in 2055.... You never know eh?
True, but then again you never know which Le Mans (in whatever form) will be your last, so you might as well look forward to them all
Old 9 May 2016, 20:04 (Ref:3640459)   #1385
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is more likely to see a lmp2 close to the overall podium than rebellion or kolles... lmp1-h may suffer hybrid/chassis/turbo fails, but AER engine too is far from being bulletproof
Old 9 May 2016, 20:17 (Ref:3640461)   #1386
Deleted
Veteran

I'm not as worried on the AER front as before the season started, but still not entirely convinced either. But I suspect thst even if they'll have to start saving the engine at some point (in the second half?), their gap to LMP2 is sustainable enough. As I've said before, the nonhybrid gap to P2 is bigger at LM than at the F1 circuits, so any time spent trouble free is gonna make much bigger gap than it would elsewhere in world.

Meanwhile in the Rebellion Spa review press release, it's interesting to see #12 people saying they don't "understand" why they are loising to the sister entry
Old 9 May 2016, 20:51 (Ref:3640476)   #1387
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Meanwhile in the Rebellion Spa review press release, it's interesting to see #12 people saying they don't "understand" why they are loising to the sister entry
One word: Piquet.
Old 9 May 2016, 20:53 (Ref:3640478)   #1388
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The F3 driver Piquet?!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...-return-at-pau
Old 9 May 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3640479)   #1389
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
One word: Piquet.
I know, I even said it couple of pages back, but of course Prost/Heidfeld can't exactly say it out loud
Old 9 May 2016, 20:56 (Ref:3640480)   #1390
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The importance of drivers!
Old 9 May 2016, 21:02 (Ref:3640481)   #1391
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The importance of drivers!
Lol I never said drivers aren't important components in the package (why else (other than general sanitation) would I be opposed to such things as pro-am in LMP2, or tarmac runoff easy driving)), of course they are. They can make huge difference. It's just that I don't really care/follow them when the cars and teams are in the showlight. Historically more attention is paid to the machine at sports car racing too.

Obviously in cases like this though, when they are in the heart of what's being discussed, they come to up, even with me. Or if someone uber celebrity like Alonso or whomever came along, of course it's interesting side attention
Old 9 May 2016, 21:04 (Ref:3640483)   #1392
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Old 9 May 2016, 21:08 (Ref:3640484)   #1393
Deleted
Veteran

You're a good bunch of folks really, I like what's been argumented today here
Old 10 May 2016, 05:01 (Ref:3640546)   #1394
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Piquet's pace was equal to if not better than Prost's this race. Prost had no laps in the 2:04's, Piquet had one. Piquet also had four laps in the 2:05's, Prost had two. Piquet had twelve laps in the 2:06's, Prost had three. Piquet actually did a longer stint than Prost. He wasn't able to match Heidfeld, but Prost was no quicker.
Old 10 May 2016, 17:27 (Ref:3640660)   #1395
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Piquet's pace was equal to if not better than Prost's this race. Prost had no laps in the 2:04's, Piquet had one. Piquet also had four laps in the 2:05's, Prost had two. Piquet had twelve laps in the 2:06's, Prost had three. Piquet actually did a longer stint than Prost. He wasn't able to match Heidfeld, but Prost was no quicker.
Neither of them are their fathers, it's life.
Old 11 May 2016, 02:38 (Ref:3640761)   #1396
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When Rebellion and Kolles had problems with the AER engine last year, I thought it was because everything was new, but an year later we are still reading about "engine issues" from both teams. I think Le Mans will be and engine's lottery for those teams.

BTW. In 2017 the Gibson P2 engine will have almost the same power than the current P1-H. What's the plan for these team to improve? more turbo boost? less air restrictor?
Old 11 May 2016, 07:52 (Ref:3640796)   #1397
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There doesn't seem to be a plan.

"The new-for-2017 LMP2 regulations call for an increase of up to 150 horsepower over current WEC/ELMS power levels. One LMP2 constructor told Sportscar365 they expect new-spec LMP2 cars to be lapping under 3:30 at Le Mans next year."

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/s...ce-notebook-3/

Fastest LMP2 lap last year was 3:36.679.
Fastest LMP1-P lap was 3:26.594.
Old 11 May 2016, 08:12 (Ref:3640803)   #1398
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
being just one kind of engine, it simply doesn't make sense to still use air restrictors. Very likely the engine will be used at full power.
Anyway, if gibson wil be able for real to produce a NA 4-4.2L, as reliable as nissan one, but 600hp powerfull and with a better fuel milliage; it will be a really great engineering masterpiece.

About AER, surely during the 24h race, once or more than once, rebellion and kolles cars will be forced to make long stops inside the boxes to fix something. That's why to me will be more likely to see a lmp2 close to the overall podium than a private lmp1
Old 11 May 2016, 10:26 (Ref:3640826)   #1399
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
When Rebellion and Kolles had problems with the AER engine last year, I thought it was because everything was new, but an year later we are still reading about "engine issues" from both teams. I think Le Mans will be and engine's lottery for those teams.
I don't remember (public) engine issues from Rebellion this year so far. Kolles yes
Old 11 May 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3640868)   #1400
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rebellion still considering a DPi program, maybe at the expense of WEC.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/r...on-2017-plans/