Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Jul 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3273532)   #176
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I find it hard to visualise what cars will look like in the flesh when they're livery-less and drawn like this.

I think it looks nice, but I could be wrong.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 10:16 (Ref:3273747)   #177
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well we can be pretty sure it won't have those light clusters, although I'd love to be wrong.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 10:20 (Ref:3273751)   #178
flipper
Rookie

flipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where does Rebellion's funding come from ?
Old 4 Jul 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3273756)   #179
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
where does Rebellion's funding come from ?
Extremely expensive watches:

http://www.gizmag.com/usd930000-rebe...diamond/17928/

http://www.rebellion-timepieces.com/
Old 4 Jul 2013, 11:02 (Ref:3273772)   #180
flipper
Rookie

flipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ouch ! ...margins must be decent and thanks
Old 4 Jul 2013, 11:07 (Ref:3273774)   #181
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I find it hard to visualise what cars will look like in the flesh when they're livery-less and drawn like this.

Are you sure that's not the new livery?

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 4 Jul 2013, 15:04 (Ref:3273873)   #182
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

I don't think this rendered car's tub and even dimensions conform to 2014 regs! It's probably a CAD model of the Oreca's still-born coupe with or without minor changes. And there's a clear influence of Peugeot 908, including a closed front diffuser, which is likely go out of fashion due to new P1 regs effectively allowing a 'front wing'.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 17:21 (Ref:3273930)   #183
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
I knew this, but it is somehow easy to "forget" that it is actually a title sponsor and not a racing team per se... or have they actually bought Speedy/Sebah?

Last edited by deggis; 4 Jul 2013 at 17:50.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 21:18 (Ref:3274016)   #184
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I don't think this rendered car's tub and even dimensions conform to 2014 regs! It's probably a CAD model of the Oreca's still-born coupe with or without minor changes. And there's a clear influence of Peugeot 908, including a closed front diffuser, which is likely go out of fashion due to new P1 regs effectively allowing a 'front wing'.
You can see the front wing in the renders. The main things that will change is the rear wing width and exhaust location.
Old 5 Jul 2013, 12:47 (Ref:3274252)   #185
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
You can see the front wing in the renders. The main things that will change is the rear wing width and exhaust location.
Where? It's a steep closed splitter. The proper wing would be below the suspension arms.
Also the roll structure at the back doesn't look like 2014-spec and I'd be surprised if the car isn't 2000mm wide.
Old 5 Jul 2013, 13:38 (Ref:3274277)   #186
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like they might have used a render of the stillborn Oreca LMP coupe project for this release. So the actual car might/probably will look rather different than this render.

edit
Like the guy a bit above said....
Old 5 Jul 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3274286)   #187
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Q: Is the Rebellion R-One derived from the stillborn ORECA 02 project?

HAYDEN: That was one of my first questions. But the answer I was given was that the regulations are so radically different that there's not much that really translates directly from that design. In some ways, that's quite refreshing because you're getting something current and not having been mothballed. I think that's a positive thing.
(old) http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-bart-hayden1/

Then again, the question doesn't ask "is the R-One render..."
Old 18 Sep 2013, 06:38 (Ref:3305580)   #188
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Update on the Rebellion R-One by Marshall Pruett: http://www.racer.com/rebellion-r-one...rticle/312074/

The project is on schedule, but the car will only roll out in mid March 2014.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 07:38 (Ref:3305606)   #189
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Very interesting article well worth reading
Old 18 Sep 2013, 07:47 (Ref:3305608)   #190
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Very interesting article well worth reading
Indeed, very good article.

Interesting and probably sensible level of expectation management in there too - not underplaying the complexity of the task while at the same time indicating the longer term planning behind the project, making it clear it's about a lot more than just 2014.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 08:37 (Ref:3305634)   #191
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Wonder who else's engine they would run in the future if not Toyota? Judd? HPD? Maybe... Nissan?
Old 18 Sep 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3305760)   #192
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Wonder who else's engine they would run in the future if not Toyota? Judd? HPD? Maybe... Nissan?
I first thought Honda, since they seem to hint they think some type of energy recovery system will be necessary to compete. Plus, at this point Honda is the only ones to say they will sell customer engines with an ERS option.

I found it interesting that they were thinking of making the new chassis a P2 option as well. I like this idea, although I don't know how they would get the price down. Would be good to see them in the uscc though.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 15:19 (Ref:3305783)   #193
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The first rumors was they was going to be the HPD team in 2014.

Behind the close doors it fell apart because they wanted their own chassis not Wirths(at that time HPD deal was a complete package)but now with ERS delayed a year and no solid bites on the Wirth Coupe, Honda will lease the powertrain only now with ERS in 2015.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 04:45 (Ref:3306005)   #194
TF110
Veteran

United States
From their words they seemed to go with Oreca because its bespoke. They also mentioned the Dome and Perrinn, but didn't go with either. Imo, the DOME is probably the best option out there, but its not their own. And they spoke about the logistics being an issue. So where did the HPD option come from?
Old 19 Sep 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3306062)   #195
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's really good to hear Rebellion are still ploughing on with this project.

Me and many others (including sportscar media) got wrapped up in the dream of having all these new privateer P1s around next season. Increasingly it doesn't seem it will match up to expectations.

I think at R1 of the WEC next year, best case we'll get 2+2+2 manufacturer cars, 2x Rebellion, 1x HPD, 1x Oak = 10 P1s.

That's compared to 7 this year - so it's still growth. But like I say I believe that to be best case.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 10:04 (Ref:3306080)   #196
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It's really good to hear Rebellion are still ploughing on with this project.

Me and many others (including sportscar media) got wrapped up in the dream of having all these new privateer P1s around next season. Increasingly it doesn't seem it will match up to expectations.

I think at R1 of the WEC next year, best case we'll get 2+2+2 manufacturer cars, 2x Rebellion, 1x HPD, 1x Oak = 10 P1s.

That's compared to 7 this year - so it's still growth. But like I say I believe that to be best case.
I think there'd be dancing in the streets with 10 P1s - it's a doable best case, but anyone who's betting the farm on it happening is probably being a little optimistic.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3306173)   #197
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think that is being well optimistic not even sure that the 3 manufacturers will each field 2 cars in the opening round
Old 19 Sep 2013, 13:19 (Ref:3306175)   #198
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think that is being well optimistic not even sure that the 3 manufacturers will each field 2 cars in the opening round
Rebellion's recent press release made it sound like the first race would be tight for them as well.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3306304)   #199
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I think its expected. In an interview with Toyota's Anthony Davidson, he said the same.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 18:13 (Ref:3306307)   #200
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Revert the championship points system to the way it was before Case: Peugeot (two/both cars count), and I bet they will.