Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Aug 2019, 12:14 (Ref:3920650)   #76
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
and no HARD driver replaced so far ? mark this event in your calendar
I know it's probably a bit early to say this, but was thinking about that as well. When was the last time we had a season that started and ended with the same drivers?

Of course, there's still plenty of time for that to change.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3920652)   #77
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I know it's probably a bit early to say this, but was thinking about that as well. When was the last time we had a season that started and ended with the same drivers?

Since 2000, I can only think of 2005. AFAIK, there were no driver changes during the season.
There were drivers who only completed part of the season, but this was not as replacements for others.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 13:06 (Ref:3920660)   #78
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

2014 almost until Glynn Geddie got himself sacked for a drink driving ban, i think that was closest i can remember recently.

I was really expecting a mid season shuffle from Team Hard with Carl Boardley moving back to Ginetta, Epps back to Clios and Coates up to BTCC
Old 1 Aug 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3920662)   #79
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
No word yet then whether BMW have had additional performance sanctions?
Old 1 Aug 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3920663)   #80
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
2014 almost until Glynn Geddie got himself sacked for a drink driving ban, i think that was closest i can remember recently.

I was really expecting a mid season shuffle from Team Hard with Carl Boardley moving back to Ginetta, Epps back to Clios and Coates up to BTCC
Definitely close. It also depends on how you view the other 'changes'.

Warren Scott switched from an Insignia to a CC.
Jack Goff switched teams and cars, but it was still under the BMR umbrella.
Dan Welch wasn't present at the start of the season, and Robb Holland missed a round.

By BTCC standards, a very stable grid.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 13:30 (Ref:3920664)   #81
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post

Off back to working on my race engine on the dyno and building the rest of my shell. We had a good giggle about this thread in the workshop anyway.

I'll keep quiet from now on as I obviously know nothing about what I'm talking about.
I assume your dyno has thermocouples and pressure transducers at air inlet, pre compressor, after compressor, pre turbo, after turbo, pre intercooler, after intercooler, pre throttlebody, inlet manifold, exhaust manifold.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 17:13 (Ref:3920688)   #82
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

AFAIK all of the campers at the #HARD camp are pretty happy. Not expecting any BTCC driver changes.

I understand Mike Epps is struggling for budget to continue in the Ginetta - more so after the shunt last time out. Hopefully he'll be alright, good driver is Mike.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3920692)   #83
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
BTCC 2019 - Snetterton - Rounds 16, 17, 18 + testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Definitely close. It also depends on how you view the other 'changes'.

Warren Scott switched from an Insignia to a CC.

Jack Goff switched teams and cars, but it was still under the BMR umbrella.

Dan Welch wasn't present at the start of the season, and Robb Holland missed a round.

By BTCC standards, a very stable grid.

Robb Holland missed the Thruxton round due to damage and his seat was due to be taken by Tony Gilham at the final round, but never happened for some reason

Also I think Belcher might have missed one after his Thruxton prang

And of course the Renault Megane never raced
Old 1 Aug 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3920699)   #84
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Also I think Belcher might have missed one after his Thruxton prang

And of course the Renault Megane never raced
Belcher raced in every round in 2014 - although never got a point.

The Megane was never even built. Just an aspiration and mock-up of a road going car.
Old 1 Aug 2019, 21:47 (Ref:3920730)   #85
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Robb Holland missed the Thruxton round due to damage and his seat was due to be taken by Tony Gilham at the final round, but never happened for some reason
Gilham didn't take part in the final round as the Audi was too badly damaged at the previous round at Silverstone.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 08:33 (Ref:3920789)   #86
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://bit.ly/2YGKGP6

More tyre nonsense...
Old 2 Aug 2019, 08:49 (Ref:3920790)   #87
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I'd much rather them be able to choose whatever tyre they wanted on whichever axle they wanted. You want to run softs on the rear and hards on the front? No problem... etc.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 09:25 (Ref:3920796)   #88
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Other plans are:
1. Drivers to race with one had tied behind their backs.
2. To wear an eye patch for a race (selected at random by Alan Gow).
3. To wear clown shoes instead of racing boots if they qualify in the top 5.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 09:35 (Ref:3920798)   #89
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Other plans are:
To spice things up the driver quickest in qualifying will have to start from the back of the grid,
the drivers qualifying 2nd-30th are then deducted 30 grid places each for driving deliberately too slowly
Old 2 Aug 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3920827)   #90
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Other plans are:
No. 3 is what JP does anyways! Watch out for the flower in his buttonhole!
Old 2 Aug 2019, 15:26 (Ref:3920833)   #91
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really can't be bothered with all this tyre carry on. They should've just left the weight as it was last year.

I can deal with the weight it's easy to keep an eye on and is enough of a penalty. The scenario of people winning a race then struggling to stay in the top 15 because they have to run a duff tyre just feels like too much.

I'm sure it was Donnington a couple years ago where people were like a second off the pace on the wrong tyre. I like to have something to keep the cars close and think weight does this in a good way. This is just too much for my liking.

Having said that it may work so I guess we have to give these things a chance.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 16:33 (Ref:3920839)   #92
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really don't like these tyre rules either. The racing was fine before they were introduced.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 16:36 (Ref:3920840)   #93
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
the drivers qualifying 2nd-30th are then deducted 30 grid places each for driving deliberately too slowly
I'm not sure many of those drivers are being deliberately slow.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3920848)   #94
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob877 View Post
I'm sure it was Donnington a couple years ago where people were like a second off the pace on the wrong tyre.
I doubt it.
None of the several places by that name have a race track and the BTCC hasn't raced on a street circuit in around 30yrs.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 18:06 (Ref:3920849)   #95
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
I doubt it.
None of the several places by that name have a race track and the BTCC hasn't raced on a street circuit in around 30yrs.

Old 2 Aug 2019, 21:13 (Ref:3920875)   #96
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
I doubt it.

Well he clearly means Donington Park doesn't he! its quite reasonable to assume we know where was meant!

Picking people up online about typos which make little difference to the context, and could be through dyslexia (would you single out someone with another disability for criticism?) or autocorrect, is just a bit pointless really and can knock peoples confidence about posting further.
Old 2 Aug 2019, 21:25 (Ref:3920876)   #97
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I'm sure it was Donnington a couple years ago where people were like a second off the pace on the wrong tyre.
Yes - 2017 when the hard tyre was way off the pace. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motorsport-btcc/btcc-2017-donington-park-tom-ingram-leads-way-toyota
Old 2 Aug 2019, 23:24 (Ref:3920889)   #98
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I doubt it.
Sorry autocorrect spoiled your week.....
Old 2 Aug 2019, 23:28 (Ref:3920890)   #99
Rob877
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes - 2017 when the hard tyre was way off the pace. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motorsport-btcc/btcc-2017-donington-park-tom-ingram-leads-way-toyota
Yes that's the one, most passing moves were about as satisfying as a DRS overtake in F1. I really think they're going in the wrong direction with this idea, hope to be proved wrong though.
Old 3 Aug 2019, 06:41 (Ref:3920923)   #100
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Sorry autocorrect spoiled your week.....
Unless you have a habit of spelling it wrong and your autocorrect has adjusted itself to that, it will have chosen the correct spelling for the circuit. Hope that hasn't spoiled your week.