Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Apr 2001, 13:25 (Ref:78383)   #1
renaultbel
Racer

renaultbel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Schumacher has expressed his delight in finally returning back to Europe and in particular back to Italy for the next round of the world championship.

The Ferrari driver was optimistic than he can make it a hat-trick of victories at the San Marino Grand Prix next week, saying: `I am happy to finally have returned home. I cannot wait, at Imola I have won the last two races and so I am confident it will be the same this year.'
The world champion added: `In Brazil fortunately and unfortunately I came in second. Fortunately because of the problems I had with the car not being able to express its true speed, I was still able to take six points. Unfortunately because it is always better to come first.'
The German driver admitted the team were hoping to continue their winning run at least until Spain, however Brazil managed to throw the Italian Scuderia slightly off course. `We were foreseeing that sooner or later we would not win,' he continued. `We had hoped that this would happen after Imola, however it has already happened in Brazil.'
Old 8 Apr 2001, 02:17 (Ref:78528)   #2
Schumacher
Racer

Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumy will be right up front at Imola.I dont see Ferrari missing the plot once again,so I predict another win for Michael Schumacher.However,as he pointed out in an interview,he will be fighting for pole position with two teams instead of just one.He expects Ralf to be fighting with him for pole yet again as well as Hakkinen.It should be a fun race and qualifying will be a lottery in my book.If the first three rows are occupied by two Ferraris,two Mclarens,two Williams then 5 of those 6 drivers have a shot at winning the race,with the exception of Barrichelo.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 04:50 (Ref:78547)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Schumacher is the obvious favorite for this race. Unlike Brazil, there is no place on the track where pure horsepower is the advantage. To be fast at Imola you have to precise, and brave. Both of which Michael is.

I just hope we can get this over with so Spain will come around.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 07:28 (Ref:78564)   #4
SH0077
Rookie

SH0077 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No one throws the car around better than Montoya. I expect him to fly and maybe even win at Imola.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 08:06 (Ref:78566)   #5
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect Imola to be pretty open - I expect Schumacher, a Mac or a Williams to win. Wow - 5 possibilities...

Old 8 Apr 2001, 15:39 (Ref:78647)   #6
Kenny W.
Racer

Kenny W. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"No one throws the car around better than Montoya. I expect him to fly and maybe even win at Imola."

Unfortunately I expect him to fly...off.

I hope TGF doesn't win for several reasons, not least that a win by DC or Montoya would lead to a closer and more exciting season.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 16:13 (Ref:78651)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I'm expecting TGF to win this race, despite Montoya's claims that he is going to win.

TGF has been strong at Imola for the past few years, so I'll be surprised if it's any different this time.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 19:46 (Ref:78694)   #8
Quino
Racer

Quino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, A Ferrari 1-2.

Off course Williams will be flying as well.

And Im still hoping on Prost getting its act together.