Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 3 Sep 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1397945)   #26
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heikki won. i know that much!
Old 3 Sep 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1397946)   #27
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Motors TV is on NTL from next week. Motors TV also get very good ratings for the live events they show. The only motorsport Motors TV have ever neglected IMO is NASCAR Busch, with them not showing very many live races. Its dull anyway so I don't really care.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1397947)   #28
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Is Motors TV really on cable from next week?

Can you confirm this?

I live near Birmingham and have Telewest, is this able to recieve it, will you have to pay extra?
Sorry wasnt very clear, its available on NTL. Dont know about Telewest. See this link for more details, but I dont think it is available on Telewest, yet.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 13:49 (Ref:1397948)   #29
noweels
Racer

noweels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kovalainen
Rosberg
Piquet
Lapierre
Caroll

Rosberg fastest Lap
Old 3 Sep 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1397951)   #30
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was live on German Eurosport, great race..
Old 3 Sep 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1397955)   #31
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We don't need s Motors TV 2. The need to sort out the first channel first. Too much tele shopping on there, plus they are crap at showing stuff. They are worse than Eurosport nowadays.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 14:03 (Ref:1397957)   #32
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I find the fact that Eurosport aren't even showing any footage of their supposed "live" event of the cycling slightly ludicrous.

EDIT: its now 3pm and they have just got the feed.

Could they not have shown the GP2 then switched to the cycling?
Old 3 Sep 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1397959)   #33
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure what this thread was about,as I just watched it live on International Eurosport.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1397976)   #34
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the problem is it wasn't on British Eurosport or Eurosport 2.

I did have International Eurosport until a few weeks ago but something's packed up in our old analogue dish or receiver

I can fully accept that with so many sports to cater for, GP2 won't always be live. But I find it inexcusable that the first race, the one most significant for the championship as it nears its conclusion, isn't shown at all. They have two channels to play with, for God's sake.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 15:09 (Ref:1397989)   #35
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly, and this isnt the first time this has happened, Im reffering to F3000 mainly. Eurosport IMO have had their chance, I really hope that there will be a Motors TV 2 one day soon and that Motors TV will get the coverage. As for the comment about Motors TV doing too much tele shopping, yes it does do a lot but Eurosport isnt far behind! As for Motors TV being crap at showing stuff I can only assume Hakkiman that you havent watched their LMES/DTM/BTCC coverage because the way they cover those series is IMO great. Some of the commentry at times leaves a bit to be desired but on the whole its good. IMO.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 15:55 (Ref:1398015)   #36
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
motors tv do a fantastic job in what would be a rather low budget. eurosport on the other hand is a long established sports channel yet they always leave something to be desired. i would fully welcome gp2 coverage on motors. its a motorsport channel and therefore when gp2 is on you can bet your arse they will cover as much as possible.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1398028)   #37
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah and you and 5 of your friends will be able to watch it. What GP2 needs right now is maximum viewer spread.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1398031)   #38
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
Yeah and you and 5 of your friends will be able to watch it. What GP2 needs right now is maximum viewer spread.
Yeah, on a channel that changes its scheduling as often as I have cups of tea. Nah. Motors TV would at least air the programmes for people to be able to see, sure the quality might not be quite as good but at least itd be shown, unlike what we get with Eurosport at least 2 or 3 times a season. And before you say it, again, we all know Motors TV isnt as widely available as Eurosport, but it is as widely available as Eurosport 2 which is what a lot of GP2 races are screened on.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 16:24 (Ref:1398040)   #39
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's with the vendetta against MotorsTV Russfeld?

It's a bloody marvellous channel, the only issue is a ever-so-slight picture quality problem and an occasional weak signal.

So when is GP2 race one televised then, if at all? It's playing havoc with my GP2 season tapes!!!!
Old 3 Sep 2005, 16:26 (Ref:1398042)   #40
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While I agree Motors are generally far more reliable than Eurosport, I think Russfeld has a point that it IS a minority channel. GP2 needs maximum exposure, and an established pan-European sports channel is better for the series, drivers and their sponsors - if not for us, the fans.

From a purely personal/selfish point of view, I agree, I'd rather see GP2 on Motors, as I'm sure they'd show everything live. Though they do leave a lot to be desired on the technical front; everything they show delayed seems to have been digitally compressed, so the picture quality is horrible. But I can't complain, I really appreciate their coverage of BTCC meetings, WS by Renault, LMES, ALMS etc etc
Old 3 Sep 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1398077)   #41
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
What's with the vendetta against MotorsTV Russfeld?

It's a bloody marvellous channel, the only issue is a ever-so-slight picture quality problem and an occasional weak signal.

So when is GP2 race one televised then, if at all? It's playing havoc with my GP2 season tapes!!!!
apart from itv next week, keep an eye out for eurosport news, they usually show about a minutes worth after the f1 qualifying news....then on sunday night motorsports weekend, again on eurosport which covers both races in decent enough detail for about 3 minutes!
Old 3 Sep 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1398083)   #42
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is BRITISH Eurosport which has always been an inferior version.We need to put pressure on them as to why we can't have the international service on the Sky platform. It gets all sorts of VERY minority services like Al Jezzera..
Old 3 Sep 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1398213)   #43
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV typically gets between 100,000 and 200,000 viewers for its key live events: BTCC and DTM.

Eurosport has been getting around 80,000 for GP2, while Eurosport2 gets lower numbers.

(quoted figures refer to UK only)
Old 4 Sep 2005, 00:01 (Ref:1398238)   #44
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
While I agree Motors are generally far more reliable than Eurosport, I think Russfeld has a point that it IS a minority channel. GP2 needs maximum exposure, and an established pan-European sports channel is better for the series, drivers and their sponsors - if not for us, the fans.
did British Eurosport get coverage of today's GP2 action? Is it therefore getting maximum exposure?

i'll put my hand up for MotorsTV as well. there isn't exactly another channel dedicated to motorsport on Sky - heck, it's much better coverage than i used to get back in Australia!!!
Old 4 Sep 2005, 00:30 (Ref:1398250)   #45
bumpsteer
Rookie

bumpsteer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
For your information Russfeld, MotorsTV is shown in 50 countries and goes into over 13 million households. I think that makes it a pretty worthwhile channel. At least it shows what it's schedule says it's going to show, unlike Eurosport who are terrible at keeping their broadcasts to their advertised schedule.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 06:37 (Ref:1398318)   #46
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
Motors TV typically gets between 100,000 and 200,000 viewers for its key live events: BTCC and DTM.

Eurosport has been getting around 80,000 for GP2, while Eurosport2 gets lower numbers.

(quoted figures refer to UK only)
The viewing figures for GP2 are measured in the millions in Europe because it's covered on terrestrial television - why hasn't anyone complained that ITV doesn't show the races live?
Old 4 Sep 2005, 06:43 (Ref:1398319)   #47
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure people have complained - but ITV would probably say there's no market for it.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 07:09 (Ref:1398333)   #48
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpsteer
For your information Russfeld, MotorsTV is shown in 50 countries and goes into over 13 million households. I think that makes it a pretty worthwhile channel. At least it shows what it's schedule says it's going to show, unlike Eurosport who are terrible at keeping their broadcasts to their advertised schedule.
Timetable problem is because they show sports which are unable to keep to a schedule ,like tennis,the worst offender. Motor racing has been known to run late and delay other sport.We do not want to return to the values of the 70s when the BBC
cut the end of the Dutch GP for a 'Tom & Jerry' cartoon.
What is needed is more channels.There are already over 800 on the Sky platform. You should be able to hit the red button and move to another when things overlap?
Old 4 Sep 2005, 07:16 (Ref:1398337)   #49
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
13million households? Thats it?
Old 4 Sep 2005, 08:06 (Ref:1398351)   #50
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackman
The viewing figures for GP2 are measured in the millions in Europe because it's covered on terrestrial television - why hasn't anyone complained that ITV doesn't show the races live?

ITV won't (and shouldn't) show it live because it would just be duplicating what was available on another channel.

If Eurosport was to stop its coverage, they might rethink.