Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 4 Sep 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1398938)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just checked - the Nurburgring Euroseries races were about 30 mins, the BF3 ones there 26 minutes, so it's only a small change.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1399001)   #27
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
on different circuit layouts though.
Old 4 Sep 2005, 21:05 (Ref:1399017)   #28
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
So?
Old 4 Sep 2005, 22:06 (Ref:1399074)   #29
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
don't ask me, i was just saying it was on different circuit layouts..
Old 5 Sep 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1399457)   #30
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Okay, understood. BF3 was on the GP circuit because that was the point of taking the drivers to these mega circuits. It was slightly diluted by using the MotoGP version of the chicane, although that looks to flow much better than the GP one.

Getting back to topic, I don't go along with all this defeatism about the Mercedes engines. For sure NBE won't sit on their hands over the winter. They've just won BF3 for the tenth season in a row, so maybe it's about time they had some competition.

Then there's this talk of a couple of other engine manufacturers coming into F3, so where's the problem? It could be really interesting.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1399489)   #31
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i definitely preferred the faster version of the chicane. it seemed much more in the spirit of the rest of the track, although maybe it eliminated an overtaking spot?
Old 5 Sep 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1399507)   #32
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Yeah, that's true. I guess it's why they use it for F1.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1399520)   #33
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
Getting back to topic, I don't go along with all this defeatism about the Mercedes engines. For sure NBE won't sit on their hands over the winter. They've just won BF3 for the tenth season in a row, so maybe it's about time they had some competition.
How about trying Mercedes=factory, NBE=privateer?

Then there's this talk of a couple of other engine manufacturers coming into F3, so where's the problem? It could be really interesting. [/QUOTE]
If you mean BMW and Audi you might as well forget it. BMW is not really interested and Audi is a privateer project. If you know otherwise though please share it
Old 5 Sep 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1399686)   #34
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
Yes, I know NBE is a private organisation, and a very good one, too, but do you really think they operate without any input from Japan? Honda are getting very bullish about their motorsport plans at the moment. Who's to say they won't lend a helping band to NBE or even give them a kick up the arse? I doubt very much if the engines used in Japan are the same as those seen in the UK, for instance. It ain't rocket science.
Old 5 Sep 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1399690)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
If you mean BMW and Audi you might as well forget it. BMW is not really interested and Audi is a privateer project. If you know otherwise though please share it
Who's behind the Audi project?
Old 5 Sep 2005, 20:58 (Ref:1399834)   #36
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
Yes, I know NBE is a private organisation, and a very good one, too, but do you really think they operate without any input from Japan? Honda are getting very bullish about their motorsport plans at the moment. Who's to say they won't lend a helping band to NBE or even give them a kick up the arse? I doubt very much if the engines used in Japan are the same as those seen in the UK, for instance. It ain't rocket science.
No it ain't, that's for sure. In your post I can replace NBE with Spiess, Japan with Germany and Honda with Opel.

At the end of the day it is all about deveiopment budget. Mercedes spent a lot of money to get this advantage. Do you think there is another party (I won't stick to manufacturer ok? ) that is willing to go head to head with them? For the sake of the category I hope so, but logic suggest otherwise.

Flor, I have been told that the Audi project is privateer but I don't know who is behind it. In fact I doubt that it is true.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 15:36 (Ref:1400469)   #37
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Flor, I have been told that the Audi project is privateer but I don't know who is behind it. In fact I doubt that it is true.
At www.italiaracing.net there's the Audi project also named.
Old 6 Sep 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1400583)   #38
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i heard that mercedes offered their engines to all teams in the euroseries, so i expect everyone who can afford them will run them next year
Old 6 Sep 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1400602)   #39
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by flor
i heard that mercedes offered their engines to all teams in the euroseries, so i expect everyone who can afford them will run them next year
Belgian Bas Leinders (former German F3 champion) starts his own Euroseries F3 team "Bas Leinders Junior Racing" and will use Mercedes engines next year. See: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15533.html . At a Belgian website he said it was easy to get the Mercedes engines. So probably you are right about offering engines to all teams.