Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Aug 2010, 11:17 (Ref:2737152)   #476
CUT 7
Rookie

CUT 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great photos
Can anyone shed light to the questions that keep me awake?
Why do lt/wt E Types and Cobras go as quickly as the Daytonas of 10 years later?
Cant just be drivers.
Have seen good drivers in both.
Is it that modern historic 'E''s and Cobras are set up for sprint races?
And what happened to the Leventis P3/4 at Le mans that meant it missed the silverstone classic ?
cheers Jake
Old 1 Aug 2010, 15:34 (Ref:2737508)   #477
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Obviously the same question on many peoples mind's,including the FIA's.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2737606)   #478
CUT 7
Rookie

CUT 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
! ! !
Old 1 Aug 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2737733)   #479
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
We obviously decided to forage for food during the first race for plateau 6, so the next 18 pics are from Race 1 of Plateau 1. Light was beginning to fade by this time and my camera really doesn't have an adequate lens for these conditions, so it's whack the ISO setting up to its max (1600) and slow the shutter speed down as far as my steadiness of hand can cope with and do the rest in Adobe Photoshop. I'm sure that I will be told that's all wrong but hey ....:-

Hello John,
do You have some pictures of our car Aston Martin No 9, dark blue, Grid 1 ?

BTW: If anybody wonders: we cooked a piston the 2nd race and had to retire.....

Rudolf
Old 2 Aug 2010, 08:57 (Ref:2738016)   #480
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rudolf, the only pic I have is from your race 2 and when the light was beginning to deteriorate:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1728wb.jpg  
Old 2 Aug 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2738143)   #481
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
Hello John,
do You have some pictures of our car Aston Martin No 9, dark blue, Grid 1 ?

Rudolf
I got a few - below - but owing to the failing light etc they're not the best photos. All taken at the Mulsanne corner. Gary
Attached Thumbnails
GJC_6552_edited-1.jpg   GJC_6637_edited-1.jpg   GJC_6774_edited-1.jpg  

Old 11 Aug 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2743077)   #482
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi all,

Just wanted to say congrats to everyone who competed. I was covering the event for Autosport, so wasn't able to speak to as many people as I would have liked, but it was still great to see so many wonderful cars out there.

I'd done the 24 Hours before, but not the Classic, so it was interesting to see how the event worked. I felt the French marshals/officials were more helpful there too, though I've heard from others who didn't have such positive experiences.

Dad (John Turner, for those that don't know!) and I had a bit of a nightmare finding the hotel on Friday, but things got better after that. It was good to meet the Radio Le Mans team as well, even though we all struggled to know who was in any car at any given time!

I must say that part of the reason for going was to go and see a 917 put through its paces, but I came away with more admiration for Bobby Verdon-Roe, who really put the Ferrari P3/4 far higher up in Plateau 5 than it should have been.

Best regards,
Kevin Turner
Old 23 Aug 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2748957)   #483
calex_fr
Rookie

France
France
calex_fr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFurness View Post
Some of the weird and wonderful from the camp site.

The guys in the van came prepared !!

The Opel Kadett not quite my cup of tea but each to his own.

The little green job was parked next to us (name that car) and was driven by a 6 plus foot driver from the Wirral only finished in the last few weeks. A French guy came over who also has one. They talked for ages and agreed to meet in two years time. Love !!
excuse me, but the little green Rochdale is french ?

Seventies Classic Club Trophy
Old 23 Aug 2010, 14:01 (Ref:2748959)   #484
calex_fr
Rookie

France
France
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
A phase 2 to be precise John owner would have been accosted by serial obscurity collector Patrice Wattine. We met him in the paddock on Friday.
OK, do you know the owner of this green?
I am fitting the same naca vent on mine Olympic.

Old 23 Aug 2010, 17:39 (Ref:2749082)   #485
hoffmeister
Rookie

United Kingdom
in a small flat with a very big workshop
hoffmeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am the owner of rochdale

Hello ,I am the owner of the green Rochdale Olympic that was at lemans this year. The car is of British manufacture made in a little town by the name of , Rochdale, funny enough.
I love the shape of Naca ducts and had to have one. The calculations to make one can be found off the internet,so wether the car needed one or not at least it's the right shape.
The car was finished about a week before we left for Lemans and except for an exhaust clamp hitting the rear axle, due to all the camping gear, performed faultlessly.
We will be at Angelsey for a track day on 30th August. The only problem that the three parade laps of Lemans flagged up was a need to baffle the sump due to the Audi Quattro discs and 4 pot calipers making the oil stand on it's head.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 18:09 (Ref:2749105)   #486
calex_fr
Rookie

France
France
Nice to meet you !

My car :

and short story here http://www.cortina-mk1classifieds.co...ght=#post14251

Have you a thread on your car?
Are you ROC member ?

Old 25 Aug 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2750145)   #487
hoffmeister
Rookie

United Kingdom
in a small flat with a very big workshop
hoffmeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lovely car Alex

Bonjour Alex, head a quick look at your Rochdale, looks very well.Carpets inside your car are very good,well trimmed.
Yes I am a member of the ROC but do not have my own thread , will have to sort that one out at some time but I'm not very good with a computer.
Are you by chance one of the three gentelmen I met at the classic Lemans this year? Or do you know them. They bought a Rochdale off Ebay. Auvoir.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 19:35 (Ref:2750151)   #488
calex_fr
Rookie

France
France
I was ROC member, but not this year (if you connect to ROC forum, I was calex_fr...) but not enought activity for me.
Sorry I wasn't at Le Mans Classic this year, and me too I bought my car on Ebay ;-)