Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:18 (Ref:896490)   #1
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is That The Sound Of Televisions Being Turned Off?

The "powers that be" will be a bit worried, I imagine!
2002 all over again?
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:31 (Ref:896495)   #2
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
regardless- too watch such a performance is rarely possible- this will be an era remembered as one of the best drivers going around in a car- a red car- as ever there was one.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 04:38 (Ref:896501)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A little early to say.
Some good stuff happened, although again the problem isn't with Ferrari or the rules, it is the other teams: Get a move on...
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:00 (Ref:896526)   #4
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do Ferrari spend much more than Williams? why are they fast... Is it because everything is done on site... even testing? Is it Schumaker? The Technical bosses? (Todt, Brawn etc)
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:04 (Ref:896532)   #5
sgjb
Racer

sgjb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Season over period!

When does silly season begin?

Things may get interesting once again then.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:05 (Ref:896533)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
agreed , while im Peeved that ferrari romped away with it you cant blame them for doing the job that every team would love to do.

Lets hope the other teams can catch them and soon.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:06 (Ref:896535)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by sgjb
Season over period!
That is a little premature. Malaysia could be different. Lets see how the tyres are effected by heat (and rain?).

And of course in this sport there is no limit on how much better one competitor can be over another.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:08 (Ref:896537)   #8
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just don't understand this anymore. How is it possible??? How can one team be so dominant??? It never happened before!
Even if I was a Ferrari fan I'd still be asking the same question. I's probably like it, but it would still not make me understand.

What is it that Ferrari people know that noone else knows???

Only ray of hope I have at this moment is memory of '98 - at the first race Macs 'drove into the sun', but the battle was taken to the last race. And that is all I hope for at this moment!!!
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:22 (Ref:896553)   #9
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Michelin will be back with a vengeance. It'll be a Ferrari WDC/WCC year, but I think it will be close.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:49 (Ref:896583)   #10
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dreaded this right from the first practice session on Friday. It is 2002 all over again - you knew Schumi would win, RB would be a lame 2nd with everyone else just insignificantly slotting in behind. If I didn't love F1 so much, I probably wouldn't bother watching the rest of the season.

What can we do? WHEN will it end? It's such a shame after all the promise of 2003 and the off season hype. Really, really, really disappointing race

I just hope a lot of the people who aren't as entranced as me will turn off their TVs in their hundreds of thousands... I wish I could, but I guess I'll be tuning into Malaysia, glutting for more punishment.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:54 (Ref:896590)   #11
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was so bored and disappointed, I fast forwarded my Tivo until the white flag. B-O-R-I-N-G...
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:57 (Ref:896595)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Hope you didn't miss the decent scraps with Montoya and Trulli or Montoya and Button? And especially the on board stuff.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 05:58 (Ref:896596)   #13
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worst race ever.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 06:05 (Ref:896605)   #14
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Hope you didn't miss the decent scraps with Montoya and Trulli or Montoya and Button? And especially the on board stuff.
I'm with you Adam, there was enough action going on behind Ferrari, to keep a race fan interested.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 06:11 (Ref:896613)   #15
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not for me. I want to talk about who is going to WIN.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 06:14 (Ref:896620)   #16
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes there were some scraps that were OK. But it's a race ... to see WHO wins. It's boring when I always know who it is.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 06:16 (Ref:896625)   #17
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm angry about the race, but, as someone said - you can't blame them for doing their job. I guess we were spoiled by some of the shananigans last year.

And i'm ****ed off Monkey Boy Woods was doing the commentary, I wanted Martin, because, if a race is boring, he sais so, not like thoose 2 monkeys at ten, pretending it is the greatest show on the earth.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 06:54 (Ref:896657)   #18
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I find it plain dumb that people judge a race boring simply because it's Michael/Ferrari who won it. Of course it's bloody easy on hindsight you say "i hate the race because i know who will win", so tell me who will win the next 17 rounds and dare you bet your fortunes on it?

Ah the race is boring, so Ferrari's fault isnt it? They are screwed for other team's lack of performance, and gloated and insulted when other teams beat them. Who cares if a certain Williams/Mclaren/BAR fan is disappointed? Ferrari fans are happy with the win and irregardless of what people say, Ferrari won it proper.

There are many fights out on the field to make this race good. JPM vs a load of "road blocks", Fisi vs heidfeld, Massa who would spice things up with an off or a spin, blah blah..

If it pains you so much to see the red cars, sorry, but the red cars are here to stay, so the only options left is for you to switch off the TV and stop complaining at EVERY race. Surprisingly, JPM's domination or Alonso's domination are all praised as great victories of skill and speed, yet you have a problem when MS wins.

And additional point, the new layout and coverage seem to be a move in the right directions. There's still room for improvement, but at least, there are improvements. Appreciated that TV-viewers are not taken for granted.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 07:32 (Ref:896672)   #19
XJR14/WSC95
Racer

XJR14/WSC95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monkey boy said that they have a new F1 broadcaster for 04 (not ITV) So I guess we will have to put up with Monkey Boys ****-omentry with no one in the pits all year. At the least they could get AJ in to give some expert advise. (first person to pick the cause of the Senna accident in 94) All of Cromptons Clipboard knowledge is about a week old, and there constant comparisons to V8Supertaxis are painfully annoying.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 09:03 (Ref:896750)   #20
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
After all the anticipation and excitement of waiting the last 6 months for the season to start...I fell asleep on lap 10...
Old 7 Mar 2004, 09:50 (Ref:896794)   #21
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mogadon on wheels wasn't it? Having said that fair play to the Ferrari team. To blow away the rest of the grid so comprehensively was something else. Big up to Schumy and Rubinho and the Scuderia (and I cant stand 'em)
Old 7 Mar 2004, 10:18 (Ref:896810)   #22
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by camcartfan
I was so bored and disappointed, I fast forwarded my Tivo until the white flag. B-O-R-I-N-G...
Same here. I taped the race and ended up fast forwarding through most of it. I've never felt the need to do that before.

Having been an F1 fan for the pas ten years, I find it really difficulat to just drop it but with races like this it can only get easier.

Last edited by Down F0rce; 7 Mar 2004 at 10:22.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 10:32 (Ref:896817)   #23
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After no one beat Ferrari into the first corner I was as bored as batsh*t. I have liked seeing Ferrari's revival after 20 years in the dark, but it's now becoming very boring. I've seen this show before, I want a contest.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 10:51 (Ref:896832)   #24
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There were some good moments though, especially some of Montoya's overtaking moves, and I think Williams and Renault can challenge at circutis that suit them. It was still more itneresting than half of the 2002 races.

Still, it's important that the other races are better. Virtually every new rule either failed to ahve the desired effect, or damaged the spectacle. Back to the drawing board on that level.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 10:54 (Ref:896836)   #25
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everybody, it is time to hear... what Bernie has to say...
Quote:
Bernie "The Man" Ecclstone
"This is not the sort of day we were expecting or wanted to see. It's a disaster," he said.

"Ferrari were not supposed to be going this fast. They were supposed to have all sorts of problems with tyres and their engines but it doesn't look like they have."
Source: www.planet-f1.com

Last edited by Hazza; 7 Mar 2004 at 11:01.