Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Nov 2023, 08:39 (Ref:4185946)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The waiting room is open already, for anyone still in need..... Expect to be thrown out again though in about 10 minutes. I'm only there out of curiosity to see what the ACO have made available for the public. The red bar is moving much quicker than it did for me last week.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 08:57 (Ref:4185948)   #52
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have also entered the waiting room also out of curiosity. I actually had difficulty finding the ticket office. I use Safari, and when I am on the french site, the red ticket bar at the top is not visible. When I switched to english, the red bar pops up. When I switch back, the bar disappears again. If I use Chrome, there is no such problem.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 09:11 (Ref:4185951)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, only the Chapelle Grandstand as the ACO hinted yesterday.

The same four campsites that remained yesterday - nothing else held back, it would appear.

No full week parking.

Pretty much the same as members were still seeing yesterday. Not much of a choice there for non-members.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 09:12 (Ref:4185952)   #54
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So, only the Chapelle Grandstand as the ACO hinted yesterday.

The same four campsites that remained yesterday - nothing else held back, it would appear.

No full week parking.

Pretty much the same as members were still seeing yesterday.
Cheers Ayse. I can get out of the queue then.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 09:32 (Ref:4185954)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think anyone who is shy of tickets now will have to wait to see if there is a resale site. Once people know what they've got from the agencies they'll start to offload the tickets they bought last week on the 'just in case' basis.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4185955)   #56
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I must admit I expected everything to be e-tickets this year and I was pleased to see the hard copy option still retained. I shall continue buying hard copy until they're withdrawn, as I'm sure they eventually will be. I was lucky with my stickers last year, even the one for the late Expo purchase arrived before I left - although I did chase the ticket office, just to be sure. I'm hoping that the stickers will arrive with the hard copies this time, but I'm not holding my breath.
Think our campsite agent still uses hard copy tickets- will find out later. Have had a hard copy envelope size ticket for BSJ entry each year.

Last year also had a bright yellow football sized BSJ sticker. With both of those, Crit Air 1, screen mount and phone for Waze and a small VotC campsite sticker and a Le Mans sunstrip it’s getting tricky seeing out.

Assume Panorama parking sticker will be big too. Are parking stickers simple copies ti be waved in from a distance (I thought so)? If so ACO would be foolish to send out in advance.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 09:37 (Ref:4185956)   #57
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post

Assume Panorama parking sticker will be big too. Are parking stickers simple copies ti be waved in from a distance (I thought so)? If so ACO would be foolish to send out in advance.
Last year for Expo they were making sure they were stuck to the windscreen (mine still is), I guess this is so they can just see from a distance and wave people into the carpark firstly, and secondly to stop people sharing them!
Old 15 Nov 2023, 09:38 (Ref:4185957)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
They expect you to put the parking sticker in your windscreen so they can be seen from a distance. Waving them is not much good as they have a backing (fronting?) paper on them which means they can't actually be seen very well at all from a distance. They're about A5 size. I had one each for Expo and Mulsanne on my screen last year and didn 't take them off until a couple of months ago (nightmare!).
Old 15 Nov 2023, 09:39 (Ref:4185958)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Last year for Expo they were making sure they were stuck to the windscreen (mine still is), I guess this is so they can just see from a distance and wave people into the carpark firstly, and secondly to stop people sharing them!
Good luck getting that off after 5 months. Might be easier to replace your windscreen.....
Old 15 Nov 2023, 11:26 (Ref:4185967)   #60
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Got my GA sorted this morning after a long wait, no camping left, was hoping for some Epinettes.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 11:36 (Ref:4185968)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Epinettes were long gone, I'm afraid. No new issue for the public.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 14:40 (Ref:4186002)   #62
jchicharro
Rookie

jchicharro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good afternoon. It´s been almost 17 years since my last post here (had to create a new account!). I used to visit Le Mans back in the early 2000´s, and even got some pictures with some of you in this forum (Aysedasi, PascalLM...). I used to go with my father and brought some good spanish wine to the saturday meeting... After some years just attending the Le Mans Classic I decided to get back to the 24h race this year, but only managed this morning, after 1,5h queue, to get hold of a couple of GA tickets (was willing to get a grandstand) and no parking possible!
Does any of you think it would be possible to get a parking place anywhere?? Thanks!!!
Old 15 Nov 2023, 14:58 (Ref:4186010)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchicharro View Post
Good afternoon. It´s been almost 17 years since my last post here (had to create a new account!). I used to visit Le Mans back in the early 2000´s, and even got some pictures with some of you in this forum (Aysedasi, PascalLM...). I used to go with my father and brought some good spanish wine to the saturday meeting... After some years just attending the Le Mans Classic I decided to get back to the 24h race this year, but only managed this morning, after 1,5h queue, to get hold of a couple of GA tickets (was willing to get a grandstand) and no parking possible!
Does any of you think it would be possible to get a parking place anywhere?? Thanks!!!
You're not Javi by any chance, are you?

Parking will be problematic as all full week parking is now sold out. I think you'll need to keep a look out to see if the ACO set up their resale site for tickets no longer needed. Once the agencies tell their customers what they have for them, some tickets will be come available. We also have a thread here on which members can post their needs and any tickets they have for sale.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4186013)   #64
jchicharro
Rookie

Quote:
You're not Javi by any chance, are you?

Parking will be problematic as all full week parking is now sold out. I think you'll need to keep a look out to see if the ACO set up their resale site for tickets no longer needed. Once the agencies tell their customers what they have for them, some tickets will be come available. We also have a thread here on which members can post their needs and any tickets they have for sale.
I AM Javi Will be really willing to meet you this year again!! I will see if any in the thread can help me with the parking! Thanks Ayse!
Old 15 Nov 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4186014)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well you can always buy a camping ticket and just use it for parking. However i think you should be able to get stuff on the aco resale site or if not on the various forums once people with extras decide what to pass on .
Old 15 Nov 2023, 15:11 (Ref:4186015)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I AM Javi Will be really willing to meet you this year again!! I will see if any in the thread can help me with the parking! Thanks Ayse!
Well, it's lovely to have you back. I'll keep an eye open for any parking tickets that I see for sale.

Edit - Is this you and your father in this photo from 2003?

Pascal, Bernard and Dominique are still regulars.
Attached Thumbnails
0316.jpg  
Old 15 Nov 2023, 15:16 (Ref:4186017)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well you can always buy a camping ticket and just use it for parking.
Not any more..... camping is now completely sold out.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 15:19 (Ref:4186019)   #68
jchicharro
Rookie

Quote:
Well, it's lovely to have you back. I'll keep an eye open for any parking tickets that I see for sale.

Edit - Is this you and your father in this photo from 2003?

Pascal, Bernard and Dominique are still regulars.
Those are us!!! Although we both look older now... Would be great to have an updated picture together 21 years later!
Old 15 Nov 2023, 15:22 (Ref:4186020)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes it would - we shall do it!
Old 15 Nov 2023, 15:41 (Ref:4186023)   #70
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Those are us!!! Although we both look older now... Would be great to have an updated picture together 21 years later!
Welcome back Javi, we will pleased to meet you again. Maybe this will bring another veteran back...
Old 15 Nov 2023, 15:56 (Ref:4186026)   #71
jchicharro
Rookie

thanks Pascal!! Will be so fine to share memories with the veterans ;-)
Old 15 Nov 2023, 16:04 (Ref:4186028)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It seems that there are two Chapelle grandstands. The one that has been there for some years and a new one (temporary) named Chapelle 3bis just before the first left hand kink on the way down to the Esses. The map still shows the Tertre Rouge grandstand but I'm not sure that exists anymore? I don't recall seeing any tickets on sale for it?
Attached Thumbnails
41bdb4d5-1426-4e1d-8e64-fd5dfdd397be.jpeg  
Old 15 Nov 2023, 16:28 (Ref:4186029)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The ACO have now set up the resale links on the tickets page. There's nothing available yet, but they're going to be worth checking.
Old 16 Nov 2023, 10:56 (Ref:4186092)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And so it begins.......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325888266...Bk9SR7arqvz6Yg
Old 16 Nov 2023, 11:08 (Ref:4186093)   #75
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well the photo shows the numbers on those tickets so lets hope the ACO identify the chancer and cancel those tickets