Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Aug 2019, 10:48 (Ref:3924618)   #256
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forgot this one existed.

Fingers crossed it materialises and runs well in the WEC next season.

If the car is in a good state already maybe itíll run some race day testing at one or two of this seasons WEC races
Old 29 Aug 2019, 14:19 (Ref:3924677)   #257
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
This Goodyear tie up looks like a big deal for Brabham. Is it a big deal for Goodyear? Not really unless they plan to do something more than a night race at Silverstone in November. Are there GTE plans with Goodyear down the line? Or are Goodyear just using this to develop GTE-type tyres somewhat under the radar before tendering for a GTE spec tyre deal?
Old 29 Aug 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3924682)   #258
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
This Goodyear tie up looks like a big deal for Brabham. Is it a big deal for Goodyear? Not really unless they plan to do something more than a night race at Silverstone in November. Are there GTE plans with Goodyear down the line? Or are Goodyear just using this to develop GTE-type tyres somewhat under the radar before tendering for a GTE spec tyre deal?
Correction-Brands Hatch instead of Silverstone.

Interesting development.Live 20 mins away so I know where I'll be that day.
Old 29 Aug 2019, 16:14 (Ref:3924691)   #259
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Dunlop brand in Europe and North America is owned by Goodyear. In Asia and South America it is owned by Sumitomo (which also owns Falken).
Old 29 Aug 2019, 20:19 (Ref:3924732)   #260
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Correction-Brands Hatch instead of Silverstone.

Interesting development.Live 20 mins away so I know where I'll be that day.
Lydden Hill?
Old 29 Aug 2019, 23:02 (Ref:3924757)   #261
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Wonder how different the P2 and GTE tires are, think I'd read they would be using a similar tire to the LMP2 runners. I may they're all rubber and hopefully round but how similar are they in construction and compounds? Although I guess we won't really know since the GTE tires are all confidentials aren't they?
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 05:10 (Ref:3924788)   #262
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!carbsmith has a real shot at the championship!
I guess the logic is the BT62 is close to the weight of an LMP2 but it sure isn't making anywhere near the downforce. Considering the entire ELMS GTE class is on Dunlop they aren't lacking for an option there.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 09:26 (Ref:3924805)   #263
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Believe it when I see it etc but hopefully this goes somewhere.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ial-gte-plans/
Old 30 Aug 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3924811)   #264
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Lydden Hill?
. You never know what could happen. Imagine the laptimes it would set .
Old 1 Sep 2019, 03:58 (Ref:3925076)   #265
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Kinda rather see this car in GTE not hypercar. If they do the latter, I think they'll need to do a prototype unless they alter the current car big time and it has a bit more downforce. The differences between the two classes are basically freedom of aero and power/weight with road car requirements on different levels. I think hypercar is a better option in their mind because of the production levels that will take a while to meet. In hypercar they can make about a couple dozen and call it a day.
Old 1 Sep 2019, 12:46 (Ref:3925161)   #266
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I think either would do, but it depends on the future of the series. How long will the hypercar be for? It makes sense at this time though to go down that route. I wish them the best
Old 2 Sep 2019, 06:44 (Ref:3925338)   #267
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Goodyear seemed to be every where at Silverstone with the brabham on display so looks like we will see plenty of both over the next few years
Old 2 Sep 2019, 08:14 (Ref:3925353)   #268
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poultry

The Brabham did look good, although the paint job was a little suspect...

I'd definitely be interested in going to the race at Brands in November @Truckosaurus?
Old 2 Sep 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3925390)   #269
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I wish them all the best, it's going to be tough to get success, but they have it in them to do it. Be interesting to see it in an actual race