Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Jun 2019, 11:32 (Ref:3914255)   #1876
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh and we were also in the stands for the TCR race and I commented to the old man that I’d never heard an ovation for something on the big screen before. The collective intake of breath when they were bashing door mirrors on the following lap was good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 Jun 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3914263)   #1877
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic pictures from the weekend.
http://gt-place.com/2019/06/26/24h-n...19-23-06-2019/
Old 27 Jun 2019, 14:26 (Ref:3914439)   #1878
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Excellent photographs!
Old 27 Jun 2019, 19:52 (Ref:3914486)   #1879
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmEyzvZ3

Saturday photos now up - starts from Steilstrecke having walked from car park D9 in Nürburg village and finishes at Hatzenbach. I walked the track last year and *should* have known better this time ! Which is the easiest way round ? Neither !
Old 2 Jul 2019, 13:00 (Ref:3915484)   #1880
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmEHyTuf

Sunday gallery now added.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 10:57 (Ref:3916121)   #1881
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
And Manthey gets disqualified out of 2nd place because engine power was apparently too much (exceeding 4% tolerance).

And it’s taken them two weeks to get to this point. Bullshit.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3916132)   #1882
Jameson
Racer

Jameson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
And Manthey gets disqualified out of 2nd place because engine power was apparently too much (exceeding 4% tolerance).

And it’s taken them two weeks to get to this point. Bullshit.
What about it is bullshit?
Old 6 Jul 2019, 12:52 (Ref:3916140)   #1883
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Probably timing. Just like how at Le Mans we didn't find out about the penalties for the two Ford GTs that had oversized fuel tanks until almost two days after the fact. When in a normal sprint race we hear about it hours afterwards.

Two weeks is kinda bullcrap for penalties to be handed out for tech infringements.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3916178)   #1884
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So we'd rather let them cheat, and yes it's cheating blatantly with an almost spec car, than allow a second testing method to be sure? Seems more like the childish attitude of Nascar fans and the we've left the team so nothing can change. Frankly that's a temper tantrum attitude like tiny children. They BLATANTLY cheated and they know the rules, it's their race. Exclusion from the next round and removed from the 24 should be the minimum punishment.

For those who didn't bother to read the release, the team requested the second test after the on site testing revealed over power limits. It takes time to get another testing situation with the team and verify. It doesn't sound like the team was ok with the on site system and wanted it tested again the way they used. It still failed and was over the number so disqualified. It's black letter and easy to determine, it may be a BS rule for safety but it's the rule and not told to them after the race. The car was prepped and tuned to make more than the allowed limits and they got caught. Doubt we'll see an appeal.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3916182)   #1885
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
If NASCAR even can DQ teams in tech within two hours of the conclusion of the race, then organizations like the ACO and ADAC/VLN should be capable of making such things public, pending appeals, within 24 hours or less of the event's conclusion IMO.

I can understand issues with there being 60+ cars at LM and 160+ at the N24, but still, it shouldn't take 2 weeks for the sanctioning body to announce a penalty against anyone for flunking tech, even after going though tech a second time to make sure there was no error.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 20:05 (Ref:3916200)   #1886
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
If NASCAR even can DQ teams in tech within two hours of the conclusion of the race, then organizations like the ACO and ADAC/VLN should be capable of making such things public, pending appeals, within 24 hours or less of the event's conclusion IMO.

I can understand issues with there being 60+ cars at LM and 160+ at the N24, but still, it shouldn't take 2 weeks for the sanctioning body to announce a penalty against anyone for flunking tech, even after going though tech a second time to make sure there was no error.
They went through tech at a DIFFERENT location after the team appealed the test. I believe they argued the system used at the team did not reflect the method they used and wanted further testing. It was NOT the organizer's decision to wait, they had already DQ'd the car. It took that long to carry out the additional testing that was allowed to demonstrate the car was legal. This was not a 2 week wait to do basic testing, this was advanced testing to attempt to let the team prove legality. It failed after so it was excluded.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 22:25 (Ref:3916215)   #1887
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I do wonder why ADAC were so flexible with allowing such a second test? As the sanctioning body, they're supposed to reserve the right to say you flunked tech, the fate of your finishing result rests in our hands, right (sarcasm)? They could've flatly turned it down and run the original test again.

I can sort of understand the Ford GT fuel tank deal at LM taking almost two days after the race to happen, as the ACO had to tech every car that got a finishing classification and inspection is seemingly more thorough than at a normal WEC race (for comparison, NASCAR for certain techs the podium finishers, maybe race pole winner and for sure a random car). But if what you're saying is true, it seems that the ADAC were bending over backwards to keep Manthey on the podium. Maybe nothing that sinister, but that does seem above and beyond what they normally would've done

Last edited by chernaudi; 6 Jul 2019 at 22:31.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3916297)   #1888
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
What about it is bullshit?

Just the timing. I can understand that things change in the day or two after the race but two weeks after the race to hear the result has been changed. With that said I wasn’t aware that it was the team that requested the second test which realistically takes more time to organise so fair enough.

It would’ve been better had the teams request for a second team hadve been publicised then this wouldn’t have appeared out of nowhere.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 17:30 (Ref:3916558)   #1889
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Manthey's response to the DQ.

"Two weeks after the ADAC Total 24h Race, the #911 Manthey-Racing car was retrospectively disqualified by DMSB officials. The team has issued the following statement:
The engine in our inspected #911 car complied with all the key points of the homologation. The only thing that was not consistent with the prescribed 2 x 34.6-millimetre diameter of the restrictor, which was the size we used, was the performance value calculated by the ADAC technical committee. We must accept that we did not check the plausibility of the value calculated by the organiser, neither on the test bench in Weissach nor on our chassis dynamometer in Meuspath. We accept the judgement and will not lodge an appeal."
Old 14 Jul 2019, 14:04 (Ref:3917536)   #1890
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tirewar at the N24h

By the way - last week we issued a small overview over the tire-manufacturers involved at the 24h Nürburgring and their respective class-successes in this years edition:

http://cms3.gt-eins.at/vln-24h-nring...o-2019-am-ring

Obviously nearly each one (bar one..) picked up a class-win this year. Maybe due to the ideal weather-condition Michelin was´t that dominant as last year.
Old 29 Jul 2019, 15:51 (Ref:3920254)   #1891
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Better late than never, my pictures from Nurburgring 24:

Start to dusk: https://bit.ly/2LMOckS
Night to finish: https://bit.ly/2OpuWfF

The first album covers:
Qualifying from Kesselchen;
Warm-up from the stand near Veedol Chicane;
The first few hours of the race from the Dunlop Hairpin to the first corner;
Hocheichen at dusk

The second album covers :
Night shots from the two GP circuit hairpin approaches (glowing disks!);
The stretch from Brunnchen to Steilstreckenkurve from dawn until about midday

GT3 cars only I'm afraid. The track is so photogenic that even cutting it down to these albums meant losing lots of pictures I'd be proud to show off - Nurburgring is just so photogenic, especially at dawn and dusk with the light dappling through the trees.

Enjoy!
Old 5 Aug 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3921575)   #1892
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmFQHhzT

A gallery of photos from a very wet qualifying for VLN 5 - makes for some good images !
Old 6 Aug 2019, 15:44 (Ref:3921701)   #1893
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmFSnHCT

Gallery for start of race now live
Old 6 Aug 2019, 17:29 (Ref:3921713)   #1894
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's my report from VLN5: https://gt.report/fdyqJ

Old 7 Aug 2019, 21:24 (Ref:3921865)   #1895
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums

Full set of photos from VLN5 now loaded to Flickr.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 06:03 (Ref:3926809)   #1896
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some cool pictures, from the race saturday.
http://gt-place.com/2019/09/08/vln-lauf-6-07-09-2019/
Old 9 Sep 2019, 09:30 (Ref:3926840)   #1897
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Some cool pictures, from the race saturday.
http://gt-place.com/2019/09/08/vln-lauf-6-07-09-2019/
There are some nice pictures in there, I particularly like the photos that could only be the Nurburgring (I like photos that provide context rather than just shots of the cars themselves).
Old 9 Sep 2019, 09:51 (Ref:3926844)   #1898
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I always enjoy seeing pictures of the Nurburgring, always spectacular. Loads of good vantage points
Old 28 Sep 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3930583)   #1899
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
We'll be at VLN 1 with our new SCG 004C.We've begun building Glickenhaus 004C chassis 1. Our goal is first drive (which will be by me) third week of January. Glickenhaus 004S build chassis 000 will begin build in a few weeks. Glickenhaus 004CS soon thereafter. We've stretched the cockpit 125mm to give the rear passengers more head and shoulder room which worked very well. Now two 6'5" passengers can sit in the back. We've engineered the car to be fully US 50 State legal. Our first crash testing will begin soon. This has been quite a journey. This one will really be something... Here's Glickenhaus 004S.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4750.JPG  
Old 3 Dec 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3944569)   #1900
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
New Name for the VLN: "Nürburgring Langstrecken-Serie"
http://gt-place.com/2019/12/03/aus-v...trecken-serie/