Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Nov 2018, 22:20 (Ref:3860787)   #2401
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you must have missed that one by now......
Old 7 Nov 2018, 16:38 (Ref:3861661)   #2402
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Belgian Mail not known for their speed, and now they are on strike as well. So for the moment, no package has arrived
Old 30 Nov 2018, 18:08 (Ref:3867077)   #2403
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
For the Spa 6 Hours race, thursday 2nd till sunday 5th of May I have one spare bunk available at my gîte close to the circuit. Interested? Please PM me.
Old 22 Dec 2018, 15:48 (Ref:3871991)   #2404
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Pictures I took today at "70 years Porsche" at Autoworld Museum in Brussels:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156642...57676920398178
Old 22 Dec 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3871992)   #2405
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
some interesting cars there Vince, but never seen the 928 estate before a first for sure, Thanks for posting
Old 22 Dec 2018, 16:55 (Ref:3871997)   #2406
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd love that Pink Pig moneybox!

I'm quite taken actually with that lovely yellow 914/6.....
Old 23 Dec 2018, 08:41 (Ref:3872059)   #2407
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/12/22/key-changes-in-2019-le-mens-supplementary-regulations.html

Probably the biggest impact is:

Quote:
The pit lane entry is closed under FCY while the pit exit remains open.
Old 23 Dec 2018, 10:43 (Ref:3872071)   #2408
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That IS a big change......
Old 23 Dec 2018, 13:31 (Ref:3872099)   #2409
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder if this also affects the Safety car running on Le Mans.
If it does, it is a really poor choice as the current rule ensures that all cars are running after a Safety car rather quickly, where this could lead to stranglers, who were in when the safety car comes out, and then go full attack to catch up to the next safety car. This is risky for the Official cleaning up after the cause of the Safety car
Old 23 Dec 2018, 13:53 (Ref:3872101)   #2410
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
so what happens to those cars due in that are running short of fuel? If the full course yellow runs even for a few laps plenty of cars will be be due in during that period.
Old 23 Dec 2018, 14:45 (Ref:3872114)   #2411
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It does not affect SC

https://assets.lemans.org/explorer/p...egulations.pdf

Quote:
While the safety car is in operation, competing cars may enter the pit lane. The pit exit will be closed and the pit exit light will be red, to be turned green only if specific criteria listed under this Article 10.12.2 are met.
Among other things the document also lists the sessions for RTLM, Ferrari Challenge and Bugatti Test

Last edited by Deleted; 23 Dec 2018 at 14:51.
Old 5 Jan 2019, 22:46 (Ref:3874205)   #2412
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
As many of you may be aware early January involved Snooker and London and an annual visit by @vincegail, which provides a nice opportunity for some of us to catch up, have a few beers, and set the world of sportscars to rights while enjoying some of the city's highlights. Think the traditional Saturday at Le Mans meet with less cheese and more time and you'll probably get the idea.

This year we're looking at doing this next Saturday (12 January) and plan on meeting in the Tower Bridge area (suggesting the Draft House at Tower Bridge) at about 1300, then visiting a few of the breweries in the Bermondsey area, before heading to Whitechapel to round the day off (probably in the White Hart).

As like minded folk any of the regular readers of this forum would be more than welcome to come along. If you can make it to the jumping off point great, there'll probably be familiar faces and people possibly sporting sportscar clothing so we should be easy to spot. Alternatively DM me and I can add you to the WhatsApp group we have for it. It's the sort of day where people are welcome to drop in and out as we amble around various locations and we'd be delighted to see people there as we cope with the long fallow season that's only sort of broken by Daytona.
Old 6 Jan 2019, 18:48 (Ref:3874316)   #2413
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And now see.....

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153684
Old 8 Jan 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3874732)   #2414
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
and we can follow that one up with a meeting at Sebring where some of us are going this year?
Old 8 Jan 2019, 17:32 (Ref:3874758)   #2415
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Well, some of you can always initiate the Sebring meet!
Old 4 Feb 2019, 17:47 (Ref:3881925)   #2416
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Here's something for the Brits to talk about....

Forgive me for copying this here, but I know that Le Mans fans are true motorsports enthuisiasts and there is something going on up in Manchester that I'd just like to draw to your attention in case you're prepared to add your name to the body of support. The Belle Vue Stadium in Manchester is a place dear to my heart as I went there on a number of occasions when I was studying in Manchester in '83/'84 and it was those visits that got me interested again in motorsports and ultimately led to me going to Le Mans for the first time in 1986. The stadium is under threat of closure and demolition. There is a lot about it on FB and a petition is linked in this thread -

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153769

If you've ever been there or have watched the likes of the amazing BRISCA stock cars, perhaps you'd be prepared to add to the support for the petition. It may be just ******* in the wind, but I feel we need to do what we can.....

By the way, you can also search for the 'other' petition for the closure of the stadium. You won't read much more scurrilous and poorly written and unjustified scare-mongering anywhere on the net!
Old 4 Feb 2019, 20:25 (Ref:3881955)   #2417
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
That's not too far from me. Unfortunately I never made my way down for a stock car meet at Belle Vue; when I was there, most of my weekends were spent at the Showcase cinemas down the road. Thanks for reminding me of a long-held dream Ayse, I need to make time to get to see what could be the last meet at the stadium.

While I understand the push for regeneration, the demolition petition is utterly vile - I'd be all for demolition if it did rid the surrounding area of all the advertised ills, but that's not how life works. You would just get all the same problems around the homes, in even closer proximity to the public.

FWIW, I've signed. I suspect I know which way the council will go (what with the disproportionately large funding gap), but this one hits close to home.
Old 5 Feb 2019, 11:59 (Ref:3882064)   #2418
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks. However if what chunder has said elsewhere is correct, this isn't the 'old' Belle Vue that I visited in the mid 80's..... I wasn't aware of that..... I don't want to mislead people, you know!
Old 11 Feb 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3883306)   #2419
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hurley Haywood will be the Grand Marshal of the next 24 Hours.
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/hur...-du-mans-2019/
Old 11 Feb 2019, 21:21 (Ref:3883370)   #2420
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great choice, a legend of Le Mans
Old 11 Feb 2019, 21:29 (Ref:3883372)   #2421
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Certainly a good choice he was one of those drivers who are now part of the history of le mans
Old 1 Mar 2019, 05:18 (Ref:3887457)   #2422
Deleted
Veteran

https://www.lemans.org/en/news/roger...hallenge/51011

"-- If we go there, before running a prototype, we would probably run a GT car with our drivers to be sure we understand the race as a team."
Old 26 Mar 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3893516)   #2423
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't see this comming, does that mean no Corvette in the future?

https://theluggnutt.com/2019/03/22/i...ating-imsexit/
Old 26 Mar 2019, 16:18 (Ref:3893518)   #2424
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I had thought the series was moving closer to those outside the us but this indicates a further widening. Suspect Corvette will still make a car it can enter at le mans.
Old 26 Mar 2019, 18:39 (Ref:3893535)   #2425
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Didn't see this comming, does that mean no Corvette in the future?

https://theluggnutt.com/2019/03/22/i...ating-imsexit/
It's a joke/satire website. A motorsport equivalent of The Onion. Don't panic.