Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 18 Oct 2011, 17:32 (Ref:2973389)   #101
the_calculator
Rookie

Netherlands
the_calculator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a nice track.
The individual corners, perhaps arranged differently, remind me a bit of Albert Park.

Critisism; they are individual corners, they don't seem to interact with each other.
If you put turn 1 closer to turn 2 they will affect each other and become more difficult.
Switch the radius of turn 5 and 6 and you will be braking/slowing down mid-corner wich I think is always interresting.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 19:17 (Ref:2973459)   #102
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
An interesting the first part of the lap should pretty quick making it a drivers challange. I would have put two links from the inner hairpin to turns 1 & 2 to create 2 seperate independent circuits giving the track more possible uses.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 22:56 (Ref:2973567)   #103
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
Looks like an interesting circuit. What program do you use to make the tracks?
All my tracks these days are done in Google Sketch up, which is available as a free download
Old 19 Oct 2011, 07:29 (Ref:2973700)   #104
Wild Dog
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Wild Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
All my tracks these days are done in Google Sketch up, which is available as a free download
Okay nice, and you don't use other programs for "tuning" it?

Is there a video guide to how to make tracks in it or only the text guide on this site?
Old 19 Oct 2011, 13:12 (Ref:2973834)   #105
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure what you mean by tuning it. Sketchup does everything that I need and more that I haven't the time to investigate.

Sketch up isn't designed specifically for doing race circuits, the video tutorials contained within the package are more for structures.

In terms of designing a circuit it's best to experiment using our own user added tutorial thread post it up and we can then best advise on what to do next or how to resolve issues.
Remember you can attach actual Sketchup files on here as well as screen grabs.
Old 19 Oct 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2973836)   #106
Wild Dog
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
1. Okay. You answered the question anyway.

2. Yeah I know, but no one of you have made a video guide?

3. The problem is that I don't know how to start... So I can't post anything to get advice on.
Old 19 Oct 2011, 13:27 (Ref:2973841)   #107
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
GO to top view
Draw a rectangle of the size you want

then use the straight line and curve tools to make the shape you want

Start small, experiment

Then when happy use the offset too as per the tutorial.
Old 19 Oct 2011, 13:37 (Ref:2973844)   #108
Wild Dog
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Curve tool? Is that the "arc"?
Old 6 Nov 2011, 21:53 (Ref:2982480)   #109
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Been running late as usual as this was intended for the end of October...better late than never I suppose.

FIA Grade 2 circuit (so no Formula 1 here)
4.290 kms or 2.682 miles (90 degree corner within Stadium section)
Clockwise

The FIM MotoGP approved Circuit
4.260 kms or 2.663 miles
Clockwise (open corner within the stadium section)

Club Circuit
3.564 kms or 2.228 miles (omits the stadium section)
Clockwise

Comments, criticism and possible edits welcomes as always.
Attached Thumbnails
October Club Top.jpg   October Club 123.jpg   October Club hairpin.jpg  

October Club Stdium Section.jpg   October Club Esses.jpg   October Club final.jpg  

Old 12 Nov 2011, 07:47 (Ref:2984695)   #110
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I like that.

Its a good length, ideal for national and level 2 international racing.
Such tracks are far more interesting to design thsan f1 tracks which tend to be over wrought with run off and laden with other restrictions which makes them too sterile. Thats partly why many tilke circuits are so similar.

This is quite interesting
Old 17 Nov 2011, 17:31 (Ref:2987835)   #111
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh, this is really good. This is one of my favourite ones you've done I think.

Just has a mix of everything, but doesn't look as though it's deliberate, if that makes sense.

There's so many tasty quick/medium corners on there, while still giving multiple options as far as 'overtaking spots' go.

Selby
Old 2 Dec 2011, 16:15 (Ref:2994435)   #112
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I found some cans of high grip paint in the back of the garage, so thought I'd put it to good use, and have a Paul Ricard/Abu Dhabi/Valencia style painted runoffs instead of gravel traps.

The circuit is anticlockwise and runs for 5.249 km or 3.28 miles if you prefer.

As it's considered a venue to have developments built around it, there is no provision regarding shorter versions, though obvious locations would be T3 onto the straight,or something at the T10 hairpin joining onto the final section.

As you'll gather from the titles of the attached images, this circuit was intended to be done in November. Work got in the way, so I've decided to post it now before adding inffrastructure
Attached Thumbnails
November 1.jpg   November 1 T2_3.jpg   November 1 T4_5_6.jpg  

November 1 T 7_8.jpg   November 1 T13.jpg   November 1 final Sequence.jpg  

Old 20 Dec 2011, 00:01 (Ref:3002064)   #113
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like the first part of this track as far as the hairpin. The second section could be interesting if the curves included elevation change with blind entry and apexes to the bends could present good challanges for drivers.
Old 23 Dec 2011, 22:50 (Ref:3003725)   #114
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Final thread circuit this year is a bit different... It's an upgrade of an existing circuit. I haven't done this in some time.

I found a circuit near San Luis in Argentina following the discussion about a possible Grand Prix in Argentina in the F1 section Argentine/Argentinian GP

The biggest thing going against the circuit is that it's less than 20kms across the city from the new circuit that the FIA GTs visit, but that doesn't mean I couldn't perform a fantasy upgrade.

The original circuit runs clock wise with an outside pitlane and paddock, with the main straight of over 950m,

New circuit is anticlockwise
Main straight is 850m
Short circuit is 2.2 miles or 3.5km
Long circuit 3.28 miles or 5.25 km

Comments criticisms and possible edits are welcomed as always.
Attached Thumbnails
GE Original Image.jpg   GE Circuit.jpg   GE Pits.jpg  

GE Full Overlay No Colour.jpg   GE Full Overlay Coloured.jpg