Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 24 Dec 2004, 12:30 (Ref:1187404)   #1
Nittymaki
Racer

Nittymaki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Div2a and RSS Plate

Thought I'd start this thread up to see if anyone has plans to follow me and compete in the RSS in 2005.
Thought the idea of the Div2a class is superb this will cater for all those modern Stockhatch cars that want to compete against some of the best in Europe, and British drivers who are moving into Div2. Due to the extention rule for homologated cars of 4 years this will mean that cars such as the Citreon Saxo, VTS/VTR, Rover Metro GTi, Peugeot 106 Rallye/Gti, Ford Fiesta XR2i, VW Lupo, Seat Arosa all have a place to compete.
The introduction this week to the new "Rallycross Plate" will allow the older generation cars such at the Pug 205, Suzuki Swift, Vauxhall Nova and odviously the Minicross cars to compete at a high level and at the same events/exposure as the main European cars and drivers.
Personally I think the above is a great move forward for the sport, it allows drivers to compete at a high level, not a championship so can select events as and when, good entry fee's, good exposure and media coverage.
Can't see any negatives myself!!
So come on boys and girls show your support for these 2 initiatives come out and play. You can't even use the excuse that you don't know where and when the events will be the calender has already been announced. Get those holiday days in at work and come out and play with the big boys.
If you need any more convincing take a look at there superb website www.RallycrossSuperSeries.com and also I suggest you all order your copy of the GP DVD ive just watched it a whole 2 hours and it was superb.It can be used for potential sponsors and to gain exposure. It also shows the level of professionalism and vision they all have.
2005 will be a great year for Rallycross and will certainly put GB back on the map in Europe. We all have a great opportunity to compete in a great mixture of events whether it be a full 8 round BRC or BTRDA champ or being able to select events where and when in the RSS as well as the Allrounders champ for Minicross and Stockhatch cars. Mix this in with the new cars on the way and some drivers returning and I think were in for a cracking year.
Roll on 2005.....
Old 24 Dec 2004, 15:17 (Ref:1187500)   #2
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a press release to me!