Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 2 Mar 2007, 15:46 (Ref:1855635)   #1
jv#12
Rookie

jv#12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kalkhoven bullish on '07 season

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57030

"In the last 12 months we have taken huge, huge steps forward," he said, "and the fact that we have not gone out and been crowing about them was part of the plan.

"Looking at it objectively I think you'll say the series has taken significant progress for 2007 and beyond."
Old 2 Mar 2007, 16:19 (Ref:1855650)   #2
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
There are some very big promises and suggestions made there. Laguna Seca tests are going to be very interesting. I've stated this a number of time, let's wait until Laguna, to see where things stand. PR talk doesn't impress me much, particularly when it seems to discount what "seems" to be the reality I see.

The quality of drivers/team sponsors, engine branding, and title sponsor will give us the answers we seek, on the health and momentum of the series. Let's not get too excited, nor mock this PR talk. Statements have been made, so let's see the degree of truth in them.
Old 2 Mar 2007, 16:52 (Ref:1855669)   #3
racinthestreets
Racer

racinthestreets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Fogelhund. I have been saying all along that Laguna Seca is going to reveal what KK and OWRS has been keeping silent on. Parting with Ford, regardless of Ford's contribution size, without another partner made no sense to me - that is why, I have believed that some sponsor is in place. Wonder who is sponsoring GR? If GF does not have a sponsor to announce he must wonder how NHR and RuSport can get the sponsors that his team has not been able to land. Must be frustrating for him as a car owner - but on the other hand, his series is attracting sponsorship. Viva Las Vegas.
Old 2 Mar 2007, 17:12 (Ref:1855679)   #4
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I seriously doubt KK would set himself up for a fall.
Old 2 Mar 2007, 18:04 (Ref:1855721)   #5
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not nearly as optimistic this year. I really hope that things do turn out well.

My feeling is that KK probably has enough coming out at Laguna that he can make that kind of statement, but that he's making it sound far more significant than it really is. As for the series not being subsidized... How does one expect us to believe that PT has no sponsorship, RuSport and Forsythe are continplating running one car, but DCR is going to run two? I have hard time believing that Conquest can survive without a little help too. The other teams are probably internally subsidized by rich men that don't own the series (the exception being with teams that are owned by the series owners).

Last edited by Snrub; 2 Mar 2007 at 18:07.
Old 2 Mar 2007, 18:15 (Ref:1855725)   #6
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
I seriously doubt KK would set himself up for a fall.
Of course not.

Quote:
January, 2000

Kalkhoven has said that the demand for JDSU's products is so great that it's almost being forced to double its capacity every year for the next couple of years. It intends to meet this goal through a combination of plant expansion, increased automation, and acquisitions. The market opportunity appears to be enormous. The market for fiberoptic products is expected to quadruple to $21 billion by 2003.

The estimated average annual growth rate from 2000-2025 -- yes, the next 25 years -- is 18% for active components and 20% for passive components. In its September quarter, JDSU had sales of $230 million. If we annualize that we get $920 million. Growth of 18% per year for 25 years from that starting point would result in nearly $58 billion of sales.
Look seriously, let's wait and see what develop's at Laguna.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 11:52 (Ref:1857129)   #7
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep....six days till Thursday......