Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: Best of the rest?
#5 Swiss Spirit 5 11.63%
#9 Creation 2 4.65%
#10 Arena Zytek 5 11.63%
#12 or #13 Courage Comp 0 0%
#14 RFH Dome 4 9.30%
#15 Charouz Lola 4 9.30%
#16 Pescarolo Sport 16 37.21%
#17 Pescarolo Sport 3 6.98%
#18 Rollcenter Pescarolo 4 9.30%
#19 Chamberlain Lola 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Jun 2007, 18:42 (Ref:1927016)   #1
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Bets for best of the rest?

Someone had to do it.....a thread for who will snap up 6th place on Sunday, assuming (as I am) that the oil burners will grab the top 5. If you can see a petrol getting into the top 5 by all means say so!
Old 2 Jun 2007, 18:51 (Ref:1927018)   #2
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
Oh and while we are at it.....why not predict the fastest petrol car's time.......Im going for Johannson in the Zytek (surprise) - 3,29,xxx
Old 2 Jun 2007, 19:09 (Ref:1927025)   #3
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fastest lap under 3.30 by Zytek and LMP1-Petrol win for Rollcentre.
Old 2 Jun 2007, 19:22 (Ref:1927036)   #4
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I definately do not think all five diesels will last the race, let alone take the Top 5.

I'd put Pescarolo as the most likely top Petrol team.
Old 2 Jun 2007, 19:26 (Ref:1927041)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I think the Arena Zytek has a real chance at the win, providing they can keep the car moving. Fastest lap time id say a 3:28.653 for the Arena Zytek. At the very least I would predict a top 4 finish for the Zytek, providing it runs without problems.
Old 2 Jun 2007, 19:27 (Ref:1927042)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think that at least 1 audi will hit problems and I can't see both of the pugs getting to the finish so I think a petrolpowered car will be on the podium but unfortunately not on the top spot.
Still lets hope what ever happens the race lives up to all our expectations
Old 2 Jun 2007, 19:40 (Ref:1927048)   #7
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I was actually talking about testing tomorrow.........! But hey, good to hear some opinion about the race too.
Old 2 Jun 2007, 19:54 (Ref:1927056)   #8
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pesca #16 but the Zytek could snatch the glory...
Old 2 Jun 2007, 20:54 (Ref:1927083)   #9
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
I was actually talking about testing tomorrow.........! But hey, good to hear some opinion about the race too.
Ah, I'd also assumed you were talking about Sunday the 17th (and was giving your poll due consideration). Surely tomorrow's times are irrelevant, aren't they?

Anyway, if it's tomorrow you're talking about, I have a sneaky suspicion that the Charouz Lola will stretch it's legs quite impressively. I won't hazard a guess at a laptime, but I reckon several petrol P1's will dip under 3:30.
Old 2 Jun 2007, 20:55 (Ref:1927086)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
i m betting on the Charouz Lola too ..... very quick combo .
Old 2 Jun 2007, 21:11 (Ref:1927095)   #11
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Charouz Lola B07 is really fast, remember their lap times at Monza, a fast track like Le Mans.

Ferdinand Porsche
Old 2 Jun 2007, 21:19 (Ref:1927098)   #12
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wanna say the Charouz Lola too because I like what they have done, but something made me vote for Swiss Spirit... It's a Lola either way - best looking chassis out there
Old 2 Jun 2007, 23:01 (Ref:1927155)   #13
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So we are trying to figure out which of the none factory teams will do the best tomorrow?

I'll go with the #5 Swiss Spirit.

P.S. Every one is predicting some huge progress made in lap times compared to last year. None of you should dare to say sandbag in the near future.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 02:02 (Ref:1927178)   #14
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymonster
P.S. Every one is predicting some huge progress made in lap times compared to last year. None of you should dare to say sandbag in the near future.
Pesca did a 3:30 last year on the test day but could not achieve the same in either quali or race. The track alone could be worth a few seconds either way.

As for Sunday's outcome, it really depends upon each team's programme. As to bragging rights: Arena, Charouz and Rollcentre look most motivated in that department. Pesca, Creation and Swiss Spirit will just run to their programmes. Anyone could bag it. Whatever the outcome, it will happen in the later afternoon as the track is very treacherous at the start.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 11:31 (Ref:1927417)   #15
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Before the throttle cable problem reared its head again i would have said Zytek Heck, will still say Zytek 3.29.5
Old 4 Jun 2007, 12:41 (Ref:1928414)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No Audi's in the poll so I can't vote........

What about the 5 car pile-up (no injuries) on lap 6? Left all three Audis and two Peugeots playing catch-up to the Pescas..........

Hey, we're all allowed to dream.........
Old 4 Jun 2007, 15:17 (Ref:1928535)   #17
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi

What about the 5 car pile-up (no injuries) on lap 6? Left all three Audis and two Peugeots playing catch-up to the Pescas,,
And pumping in 25s along the way.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 19:04 (Ref:1928707)   #18
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi

What about the 5 car pile-up (no injuries) on lap 6? Left all three Audis and two Peugeots playing catch-up to the Pescas..........

Hey, we're all allowed to dream.........
Yes and several drops of rain will make things easier ! Don't you think so Ayse ?
Old 4 Jun 2007, 19:25 (Ref:1928718)   #19
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
Yes and several drops of rain will make things easier ! Don't you think so Ayse ?
Old 11 Jun 2007, 21:53 (Ref:1934436)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM

Now you're just winding me up Pascal......

Or should we call you from now on, The King of the Pin......?

Old 11 Jun 2007, 22:17 (Ref:1934459)   #21
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Dreadfully conventional but my money's on the #16 Pescarolo to come in second or third.

I don't see either of the Peugeots making it to Sunday afternoon in a meaningful sense. Actually I'd put an each-way bet on that being them not seeing out the night. Their line up looks a lot like one that'll grab the headlines for Saturday morning and the early edition Sundays but while they've impressed me with their professionalism I don't see them being there for a whole 24 hours.

Audi? Well for all they're one hell of an outfit I can see one of them stuffing it up completely - possibly the #3 duking it out with one of the Peugeots ( my money on #8 which looks like the faster Peugeot, unless Bourdais is given his head, which isn't inconcievable...), which leaves Pescarolo in 3rd, and possibly second if the other Audi hits some form of trouble.

Why Pescarolo over the rest? All things being equal apply from here on in...

Swiss Spirit don't have the driving crew to be front line over 24 hours.
Charouz could pull a surprise but I'd see Pescarolo's professionalism pulling through in the end.
Courage will, as ever, flatter to decieve and be nowhere come Sunday afternoon.
Arena Zytek will be out of it by sundown. The car's not ready, the programme's not together, and while there's loads of promise it's just too early.
Creation, ditto. Car's too new, not the place to debut.
RfH, I suspect their glory days are sadly over. It strikes me as as something of a bitty programme compared to what they've done in previous years and I don't feel they've got the momentum behind them.
Rollcentre, real dark horse, and if they hit a run of luck they might just do it, but if the works Pescarolos run properly they'll have a job.
Chamberlain might well be there at the finish but all due kudos and respect to them, to my eyes they'll need a miracle
#17 Pescarolo - largely comes down to the driver lineup which, while impressive, isn't up there with #16, even if Treluyer in particular could be a decent hare.

Hope that wasn't too verbose - or I didn't idiotically miss anyone out...

Cheers
Old 12 Jun 2007, 00:37 (Ref:1934523)   #22
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The factory Audis have had it so easy in recent years, they could run at a safe pace and wait for the competition to falter.

I have a feeling at least two diesels will drop out through accidents, another two will be sevearly delayed with mechanical drama's.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 02:24 (Ref:1934572)   #23
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have a feeling that the first petrol car will finish 3rd or 4th, which makes your scenario seem unlikely, unless the first petrol car can be considered "severely delayed".
Old 12 Jun 2007, 08:06 (Ref:1934740)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge

- or I didn't idiotically miss anyone out...

Nope. No WRs entered this year........
Old 12 Jun 2007, 09:02 (Ref:1934799)   #25
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see a petrol in the top 4- we've seen already how fragile the Peugeot gearbox is at both opening rounds of the LMS- I would be surprised if it isn't an Audi 1-2-3 with a petrol 4th. If Peugeot make it home, it would still be top 6, but i think RFH or Pescarolo will be fast enough to pick up the pieces.